• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Archos 605 WiFi, Endings cut off off movies

sdm197

Hi All,

I ran a search on the problem of using Clone DVD Mobile to put DVD's on the 605, it says it has the whole movie but when you play it it stops before the end at various points sometimes half an hour before the end.

I see that other people have been having this problem too, but I have not seen any fix shown for this yet.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

All Replies Welcome,

SDM197.

Hi All,

I ran a search on the problem of using Clone DVD Mobile to put DVD's on the 605, it says it has the whole movie but when you play it it stops before the end at various points sometimes half an hour before the end.

I see that other people have been having this problem too, but I have not seen any fix shown for this yet.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I just ordered an Archos 605 Wifi, will do some testing and hopefully will fix this with the next update.
But first I'll need to reproduce the problem. So if you have "instructions", like what discs gave you this result...

I just ordered an Archos 605 Wifi, will do some testing and hopefully will fix this with the next update.
But first I'll need to reproduce the problem. So if you have "instructions", like what discs gave you this result...

Any AVI file created over 1.01 Gig will truncate the movie. When first chosen for play back the movie will show the correct time line. If you tap the screen to FF or just check the screen for battery or volume the time line shows about 1 hour and 8 minutes or so. This happens on any movie over 1.01 gig ripped. I have been playing with this for three days now. I tried every setting in the ini file and even created a profile for the 605 wifi. This seems to affect AVI only. If you have the MP4 "plug-in" the unit will correctly display the time line for any size movie.

I have an Archos 604 and it is doing the same thing - will play movie compressed with CloneDVDmobile only up to the 1hr + few minutes point.

My point though is that it did not do this with the previous version of AnyDVD + CloneDVDmobile :confused:.

Hopefully another hint as to why this error is coming up.

I am happy others are experiencing the same thing. I just purchased the player last week so I had no need for CloneDVD mobile until now. I read here that earlier versions did not have this issue. I can not confirm this, because I do not have an earlier version to fall back on. If someone as an earlier version, I would be glad to fall back and test for AVI bug. I am running 1154 version of CloneDVD Mobile.

Thanks,

Blackssr

Code:
Version 1.1.5.5 beta: 2007 11 12
- changed: Archos 704 WiFi profile; modified supported 
           resolutions
- changed: raised max allowed bitrate for Archos AV400/500/700
- new: added profiles "Apple TV", "Apple iPhone/iPod touch"
                      "Archos 605 Wifi", "Nokia 800", 
                      "Microsoft XBox 360", "TomTom GO 510/710"
- fix: results from Archos profiles appeared to stop early, should
       be fixed now
- fix: several AVI based profiles didn't work on some devices
- several minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages
Download here

Please post your test results with the newly added profiles here - I don't have all of the devices myself, so profiles were added using the specs only.
Thanks!

I am happy others are experiencing the same thing. I just purchased the player last week so I had no need for CloneDVD mobile until now. I read here that earlier versions did not have this issue. I can not confirm this, because I do not have an earlier version to fall back on. If someone as an earlier version, I would be glad to fall back and test for AVI bug. I am running 1154 version of CloneDVD Mobile.

Please try this update:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9656

Last edited by a moderator:

It will not let me go there.
I get this message when I click the link.

Blackssr, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will not let me go there.
I get this message when I click the link.

Blackssr, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Please try again, should be fixed now.

The Version 1.1.5.5 fixed the issue. It works like a champ now. I ripped Dawn of the Dead, a 2 plus hour movie and it played completely. It is 1.60 gig AVI. I ripped @ 720 x 400.

Thank you so much for quick response.:bowdown:

Last edited:
Hi,
I downloaded the trial version of Clone DVD mobile a few days ago and noticed the same problem. Can I update the trial version? I want to test out the software before I commit to it. Thanks!

Hi,
I downloaded the trial version of Clone DVD mobile a few days ago and noticed the same problem. Can I update the trial version? I want to test out the software before I commit to it. Thanks!

You can update the trial version provided your trial hasn't ended yet.

Worked for me too on a 704 Wifi. Ripped Departed and it now plays fully.

Still got the audio sync problems mind but hey you can't have everything!

Back