• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped HiDef movies not playing

ajeffo

I downloaded the latest patch from PowerDVD yesterday 3309f and using this version none of my ripped blu-ray movies play anymore.

When i run PowerDVD and select the option to run the movies from a hard disk location i get a nice friendly pop up window saying that the drive isnt closed, this happens for every ripped blu-ray movies, in my case that is only 4, but they all played correctly before.

I didnt try the HD-DVD movie i have in that way but i tried to run it in mymovies which launches PowerDVD automatically then it throws up an in internal error message.

This is with or without AnyDVD HD loaded.

With AnyDVD HD loaded it still refuses the to play the disks from the optical drives, but does work with AnyDVD HD not running.

Needless to say i removed this version immediately and returned to an earlier version

This newest version of powerdvd(3319f) does not like anydvd and does not play files from the hard drive. You will need to go back to an earlier version 3104 seems to work best.

Plays back stuff from my hardrive with no problems

Another solution (rather complicated bun nonetheless a solution) is making an iso image of the rip (ex with Nero 8 to .nrg and then converting the nrg to iso – ex using magic iso) and mounting it to a virtual drive (ex using daemon tools).

I tested it and it works!

Current Version Of PowerDVD

I haven't installed the new PowerDVD patch yet, but from reading the posts concerning it, I see no reason why anyone would want to upgrade anyway. Is it adding some new functionality to playing hi def media that I don't know about? It's definitely taking away a pretty important feature (the ability to play back from the hard drive).

The workarounds that people have been suggesting to be able to use PowerDVD with the new patch just seems a bit nonsensical since the current unpatched 3309 works fine with AnyDVD HD running and plays back from the hard drive with or without AnyDVD HD.

But like I said, I haven't tried installing it after reading that it (purposefully or by coding bug) is restricting playback from the hard drive.

Can someone maybe help me to understand why I should update. I just finished watching a hi def movie and upgrading does not seem to be mandatory (yet).

Another solution (rather complicated bun nonetheless a solution) is making an iso image of the rip (ex with Nero 8 to .nrg and then converting the nrg to iso – ex using magic iso) and mounting it to a virtual drive (ex using daemon tools).

I tested it and it works!

I think you do not need to create a whole iso with Nero. Just save the
"compilation" to an .nrg file. I think Daemon tools supports those.

I think you do not need to create a whole iso with Nero. Just save the
"compilation" to an .nrg file. I think Daemon tools supports those.
Yes, Daemon support nrg but when I tried it with the BR image I got an error.

This is why I got back to iso.

I think Nero also supports creating the BR image to iso (so finally there is no need for a conversation).

FYI - .nrg files are actually Nero's version of an image file. It's just another iso file in a different wrapper.

Back