• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 8 and AnyDVD

DF1234

I am considering purchasing AnyDVD. Are there any known issues between AnyDVD and Nero 8? Can AnyDVD be used with Nero 8 like it would be used with CloneCD or DVD?

May be a problem if you have a LiteOn drive

I found, along with some others that AnyDVD has compatibility problems with newer LiteOn DVD+-RW drives that makes causes Nero Recode to not able to read VOB files (unless you reject and re-insert the disc while in Recode). I will test out the solution myself this evening to see if it works for me. So check to see if you have a LiteOn drive before you buy.....

I found, along with some others that AnyDVD has compatibility problems with newer LiteOn DVD+-RW drives that makes causes Nero Recode to not able to read VOB files (unless you reject and re-insert the disc while in Recode). I will test out the solution myself this evening to see if it works for me. So check to see if you have a LiteOn drive before you buy.....

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091

17. Help! My (Lite-on burners) SH-16A7S sata, LITE-ON DVDRW LH-18A1H, and 20x LH-20A1H drives are not working with Anydvd and DVD Shrink/ Nero Recode. What should I do?

In Shrink's preferences, do you have "burn with nero" enabled? If so disable that option, and try again.

For Nero Recode, visit here

Actually, you can indeed use Nero8 to create a full image of a DVD ala CloneCD. I'm not 100% sure if it keeps the LB information in that image but as long as AnyDVD is active you can create an image file using Nero.

Actually, you can indeed use Nero8 to create a full image of a DVD ala CloneCD.

My point was mostly with respect to Clonedvd. Recode is going to require Anydvd ripper in some cases. However, Nero disccopy is not as powerful as Clonecd. Even with discs where Anydvd hasn't been updated to fully work properly with Clonecd, there were some cases where Clonecd would still be able to back the disc up (although it took much longer than normal due to bad sector read errors). Nero disc copy in that case would just choke (I know because I've tried). So no, it's not exactly the same . . .

Back