• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A Region Killer for BOTH DVDs AND Blu-Ray Discs

A

A Friend

Hi,

It would be nice if SlySoft released a new FREE version of "AnyDVD"'s predecessor "Region Killer" which can disable both DVD AND Blu-Ray Regions.

A program that only disables Regions and NOT copy protections would be legal :) and very appreciated by "honest" ;) users who need "AnyDVD" only for watching Region-discs, and it would be even more useful if it could disabled DVD AND Blu-Ray Regions.

I--and many other users--would be very happy if this were possible or if you added an option for disabling Blu-Ray Regions to the next version of "AnyDVD" at least.

Many greetings,

A Friend

Hi,

It would be nice if SlySoft released a new FREE version of "AnyDVD"'s predecessor "Region Killer" which can disable both DVD AND Blu-Ray Regions.

A FREE program that only disables Regions and NOT copy protections would be legal :) and very appreciated by "honest" ;) users who need "AnyDVD" only for watching Region-discs, and it would be even more useful if it could disabled DVD AND Blu-Ray Regions.

I--and many other users--would be very happy if this were possible or if you added an option for disabling Blu-Ray Regions to the next version of "AnyDVD" at least.

Many greetings,

A Friend

Blue Ray isn't in the making on anydvd right now it is just HD-DVD.

Hi,

A program that only disables Regions and NOT copy protections would be legal :) and very appreciated by "honest" ;) users who need "AnyDVD" only for watching Region-discs, and it would be even more useful if it could disabled DVD AND Blu-Ray Regions.

Why free? Peer, myself and the others cost Giancarlo a lot of money every day. :D
If you would be "very happy", why wouldn't you "very happily" pay for such a product?

Why free? Peer, myself and the others cost Giancarlo a lot of money every day. :D
If you would be "very happy", why wouldn't you "very happily" pay for such a product?
I agree James. It shouldn't cost a lot though.

I agree James. It shouldn't cost a lot though.
It should cost as much as Slysoft deems necessary. If there was such a product, all the cost factors would taken into account and whatever the company needs to charge , that is what the price would be. Kind of makes sense, don't you think?;)

It should cost as much as Slysoft deems necessary. If there was such a product, all the cost factors would taken into account and whatever the company needs to charge , that is what the price would be. Kind of makes sense, don't you think?;)
In relation to AnyHD-DVD, it shouldn't cost a lot. It doesn't do as much.

Hi,

"Region Killer," the predecessor of "AnyDVD" WAS a FREE program. As said above, it did NOT disable any copy protections, it disabled only Regions (however, the drive had to be regionfree!).

And I think it is easy to create a new version of "Region Killer": just take "AnyDVD"'s Region-disabling part and add a possibility to disable Blu-Ray Regions. As its name says, it would be a software ONLY for watching, NOT for copying discs.

Different software companies offer FREE "light versions" of their programs, e.g. "DVDFab Decrypter" is a "light version" of "DVDFab Gold/Platinum."

As far as I know, there is no FREE Region-disabling program for RPC-2 drives available (DVD43 does not allow to define the RCE code, but is said to circumvent protections), so a program that is FREE and LEGAL (since it does not touch copy protection) would be appreciated very much. SlySoft should do this step and release a new version of "Region Killer." It wouldn't be a rival of "AnyDVD," but would increase its attractivity.

Many greetings,

A Friend

There's no region on HD-DVD either if you think about it?

Hi,

"Region Killer," the predecessor of "AnyDVD" WAS a FREE program. As said above, it did NOT disable any copy protections, it disabled only Regions (however, the drive had to be regionfree!).

And I think it is easy to create a new version of "Region Killer": just take "AnyDVD"'s Region-disabling part and add a possibility to disable Blu-Ray Regions. As its name says, it would be a software ONLY for watching, NOT for copying discs.

Different software companies offer FREE "light versions" of their programs, e.g. "DVDFab Decrypter" is a "light version" of "DVDFab Gold/Platinum."

As far as I know, there is no FREE Region-disabling program for RPC-2 drives available (DVD43 does not allow to define the RCE code, but is said to circumvent protections), so a program that is FREE and LEGAL (since it does not touch copy protection) would be appreciated very much. SlySoft should do this step and release a new version of "Region Killer." It wouldn't be a rival of "AnyDVD," but would increase its attractivity.

Many greetings,

A Friend
If I understand you correctly, you want "DVD Region Killer" back, just the way it was? 'Cause you're right, RegionKiller required a region free drive, so it didn't need to crack CSS.
A Region Killer for RPC-2 drives must crack CSS, because RPC-2 drives do not reveal the title keys to the player software. They will (should) abort the key exchange with "ILLEGAL REQUEST - REGION CODE DOES NOT MATCH".
(As a side note to Blu-Ray: I am not certain as I haven't looked into it, but I am afraid the situation will be similar)
In other words: It is technically impossible to create a Region Killer for RPC-2 drives without cracking CSS. AnyDVD *is* the successor of RegionKiller. It just isn't free. ;)

If Blu-ray was sloppy in their region code implementation, I'll be happy to help out. But I am quite certain they were not. :(

I don't recall anyone asking that question. :confused:
Oh, the original poster said
>
... A program that only disables Regions and NOT copy protections would be legal ...

<
so this would imply he believes it is not.
BTW, could you merge the two threads? Or close the second? I don't have the powers for this.:eek:

Oh, the original poster said
>
... A program that only disables Regions and NOT copy protections would be legal ...

<
so this would imply he believes it is not.
BTW, could you merge the two threads? Or close the second? I don't have the powers for this.:eek:
I thought you were an administrator on the forum.

Back