• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to create profile for prog that doesn't need installation?

Dumbledorf

I just got and installed latest Game Jackal Pro so I'm a complete newbie. The tutorial and "create profile" wizard tells me that I have to install the program first and make sure it runs before creating a profile. The thing is, this program does not include an installer because it needs no installer. It runs directly from the CD without being installed. So what do I do? What options or features and procedure should I use? (It's not a game and it's not on the incompatible list but there are no predefined profiles for it). I don't even know if Game Jackal copies or backs up the original prog cd. does it?

Oh, and I read the note saying I need to disable Virtual Clonedrive (don't know why, but it says I need to). How do I disable it? Do I have to uninstall the software or what? I'm running XP Pro. Thanks.

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
Main: 2.9.18.600 / Driver: 2.9.18.595

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Windows XP Pro - not 64-bit - SP2

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, and possibly Anydvd.
Sure, but see q above about how to disable.

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)
None present

5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.
Will answer in the case this is relevant to my specific question.

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?
Prefer not to answer. Will answer in the doubtful case this is relevant to my specific question.

8. Is it cd or dvd version?
CD

9. What region or country is the original disc from?
U.S.

10. What cpu are you running?
Intel Duo

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?
LiteOn Firmware L007

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.
Will answer in the case this is relevant to my specific question.

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
See description above. No error message yes, just trying to learn how to do something I do not see covered in Help

14. You should have two log files in your Game Jackal directory. The first is called. Proc Monitor.log, and the second is called Profile.log (do not post the Profiler.log file... notice the "r" at the end). Copy and past the information into your next post. Here is one way to do it:
No logs yet.

Last edited:
Sorry for stupidity of q above that says "I don't even know if Game Jackal copies or backs up the original prog cd. does it?"

I now know it does. I was just told I needed jackal didn't know what it did. my bad.

Game Jackal isn't a copy program but instead is a way to avoid needing to keep the original CD/DVD in the drive just to play games that you own. The big difference between Game Jackal and other programs is that Game Jackal makes a profile of the copy protection, so you do not need to make a full CD/DVD image, just an "image of the copy protection".

As a result, while Game Jackal may not work with EVERYTHING, it is a much better solution for things it does work with, simply because you don't need to waste gigabytes of hard drive space to avoid needing the original to be in the drive.

Very informative response, thanks.

Do you know anyone who can answer my OP, though>? I was told that no matter what I need jackal, but I dont know how to do what I asked in OP.

Very informative response, thanks.

Do you know anyone who can answer my OP, though>? I was told that no matter what I need jackal, but I dont know how to do what I asked in OP.

You just need to create a folder on your hard drive. Then you need to copy all the files from the cd into that folder you just created. Then you need to run the game from the folder you created. Once you figure out how to run the game from the folder you created, run Game Jackal. Profile the .exe in that folder that starts the game.

You just need to create a folder on your hard drive. Then you need to copy all the files from the cd into that folder you just created. Then you need to run the game from the folder you created. Once you figure out how to run the game from the folder you created, run Game Jackal. Profile the .exe in that folder that starts the game.
Thanks so much! One thing though is that I can't get it to run from the hard disk because of copy protection. It will only run from cd. I have clonecd and isobuster though will they help?

Just use Game Jackal to profile the .exe on the harddrive.
I keep tying but it just wont work. I did the follwoing

1: Used jackal wizard to create profile from prog's .exe on hd. Also checked-mark image mode during wirzard.

2. Clicked on new profile in jackal but won't run. Copyprotected prog says something like "security feature can't run".

3: Inserted org prog cd and tried 2 again. No help. Same message.

4: Also always saw jackal come up and say something like "updating profile" with progress bar going over and over from 1 to 69.

5: repeated 2 thru 4 over and over and over. No change. Won't run, gives message says something like "security feature can't run".

So can you give me a full technical procedure step by step with ever step inside instead of just couple of short english-type sentences? Please? I need them right away.

thanks

2. It's really pointless to proceed troubleshooting until you start answering questions fully, in particular 5, 6, 12, 14, and especially 15 from this link: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4824
OK I did though. see my opening post.

But i'll answer again with more info ok.

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
Main: 2.9.18.600 / Driver: 2.9.18.595

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Windows XP Pro - not 64-bit - SP2

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, and possibly Anydvd.
done

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)
None present

5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.
securom 7

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?
learning program not game

8. Is it cd or dvd version?
CD

9. What region or country is the original disc from?
U.S.

10. What cpu are you running?
Intel Duo

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?
LiteOn Firmware L007

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.
zonealarm 7.0337 - avira classic 7.06

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
See description above.

14. You should have two log files in your Game Jackal directory. The first is called. Proc Monitor.log, and the second is called Profile.log (do not post the Profiler.log file... notice the "r" at the end). Copy and past the information into your next post. Here is one way to do it:

Last edited:
Code:
Game Jackal log file - Proc Monitor
Log date - 11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM

[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] No process found!
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Process ID 0 was not found, debouncing...
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Process ID 0 still was not found, searching for another process...
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Process ID 0 was still not found, leaving...
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Process method used, monitored vidprof.exe

Code:
Game Jackal log file - Profile
Log date - 11/8/2007 5:21:56 PM

[11/8/2007 5:21:56 PM] Profile - VidProf Excel 3
[11/8/2007 5:21:56 PM] Profile mode: 2
[11/8/2007 5:21:56 PM] Profile CP: 0
[11/8/2007 5:21:56 PM] Driver mode: 33039
[11/8/2007 5:21:56 PM] Using external launcher - E:\Applications\Game Jackal Pro\18100L.exe
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Media information
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Name - Excel L3
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Serial - 1956472063
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Size - 0
[11/8/2007 5:22:06 PM] Profile deactivated.

Code:
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter:  redbook
 Upper Class Filter:  maplom
 Upper Class Filter:  GEARAspiWDM
             Device:  CD/DVD-ROM Device
 Lower Class Filter:  Iviaspi
 Lower Class Filter:  PxHelp20
 Lower Class Filter:  AnyDVD
 Lower Class Filter:  ElbyDelay
 Lower Class Filter:  ElbyCDFL
Lower Device Filter:  imapi

Filter Name:  redbook
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
       File Version:  5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
   File Description:  Redbook Audio Filter Driver
       Product Name:  Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Product Version:  5.1.2600.2180
       Company Name:  Microsoft Corporation
          Copyright:  © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name:  maplom
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\maplom.sys
       File Version:  2, 9, 18, 595 [2.9.18.595]
   File Description:  Maplom.sys
       Product Name:  Game Jackal
    Product Version:  2, 9, 18, 595 [2.9.18.595]
       Company Name:  SlySoft Inc.
          Copyright:  Copyright © 2007 SlySoft Inc.

Filter Name:  GEARAspiWDM
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
       File Version:  2.0.6.1
   File Description:  CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
       Product Name:  GEAR.wrks
    Product Version:  8.xx [2.0.6.1]
       Company Name:  GEAR Software Inc.
          Copyright:  Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

Filter Name:  Iviaspi
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iviaspi.sys
       File Version:  1, 0, 0, 0 [1.0.0.0]
   File Description:  InterVideo ASPI Shell
       Product Name:  InterVideo ASPI Shell
    Product Version:  1, 0, 0, 0 [1.0.0.0]
       Company Name:  InterVideo, Inc.
          Copyright:  InterVideo, Inc. 1999-2003. All rights reserved.

Filter Name:  PxHelp20
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
       File Version:  3.00.43J [3.0.43.9]
   File Description:  Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
       Product Name:  PxHelp20
    Product Version:  [2.0.0.0]
       Company Name:  Sonic Solutions
          Copyright:  Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name:  AnyDVD
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
       File Version:  6.1.9.3
   File Description:  AnyDVD Filter Driver
       Product Name:  AnyDVD
    Product Version:  6.1.9.3
       Company Name:  SlySoft, Inc.
          Copyright:  Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name:  ElbyDelay
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
       File Version:  5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
   File Description:  Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
       Product Name:  CDRTools
    Product Version:  5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
       Company Name:  Elaborate Bytes AG
          Copyright:  Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name:  ElbyCDFL
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
       File Version:  5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
   File Description:  ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
       Product Name:  CloneCD
    Product Version:  5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
       Company Name:  SlySoft, Inc.
          Copyright:  Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name:  imapi
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
       File Version:  5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
   File Description:  IMAPI Kernel Driver
       Product Name:  Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Product Version:  5.1.2600.2180
       Company Name:  Microsoft Corporation
          Copyright:  © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Well, unless this filter is causing problems, I'm not sure what the issue is.
But you should update to the latest beta.

Filter Name: Iviaspi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iviaspi.sys
File Version: 1, 0, 0, 0 [1.0.0.0]
File Description: InterVideo ASPI Shell
Product Name: InterVideo ASPI Shell
Product Version: 1, 0, 0, 0 [1.0.0.0]
Company Name: InterVideo, Inc.
Copyright: InterVideo, Inc. 1999-2003. All rights reserved.

James (Anydvd developer) says this filter causes problems. Visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36523&postcount=9

I never knew Windvd installed that, but I do know it's used by Pinnacle Studio 9.

Uninstall Pinanacle Studio 9 or Windvd, and ensure Iviaspi no longer appears in your filters.

I would also use an automatic profile instead of an image.

Perhaps Matthew has some better ideas.

Last edited:
Well, unless this filter is causing problems, I'm not sure what the issue is.
But you should update to the latest beta.

James (Anydvd developer) says this filter causes problems. Visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36523&postcount=9

I never knew Windvd installed that, but I do know it's used by Pinnacle Studio 9.

Uninstall Pinanacle Studio 9 or Windvd, and ensure Iviaspi no longer appears in your filters.

I would also use an automatic profile instead of an image.

Perhaps Matthew has some better ideas.

I will do as you sugest. but could i pretty please have tech step procedure? I want this because profile wisard and tutorial still leave me confused. pretty please?

I will do as you sugest. but could i pretty please have tech step procedure? I want this because profile wisard and tutorial still leave me confused. pretty please?

I don't work for Slysoft, and I'm not a Game Jackal developer. I'm just an end-user like you. I'm not really sure I understand what you want me to do.

If you run Game Jacakal, under "Help" on the left hand side, it says "Creating a profile". Click that link and read through everything. I don't really see how I could improve on what's written there. :confused:

I don't work for Slysoft, and I'm not a Game Jackal developer. I'm just an end-user like you. I'm not really sure I understand what you want me to do.

If you run Game Jacakal, under "Help" on the left hand side, it says "Creating a profile". Click that link and read through everything. I don't really see how I could improve on what's written there. :confused:
okay heres the thing. I did everything you suggested. I removed WinDVD, removed the filter, disabled clonedrive, installed beta, followed your advice to not use image mode, everything. But everything is exactly the same. It does not work even after following yours and everyones suggestions. I followed standard wisard. nothing works.

I paid a lot of money for every single program slysoft sells. and it doesn't work.

now I know that's not your fault that this doesn't work. but I read you tell some other guy that game jackal pro WOULD work on video professor several times. So I'm just asking for you to help me do what you said jackal would do thanks.

but I read you tell some other guy that game jackal pro WOULD work on video professor several times.

Actually, I didn't. I told the person to use Game Jackal; I didn't promise it would work with video professor. Rather large distinction. Clonecd won't work with Securerom 7 at all. So using Game Jackal makes far more sense. And if Game Jackal doesn't support video professor now, Game Jackal will before Clonecd ever does.

Moreover, Slysoft offers a 21 free trial period before buying any of their software programs. It's fairly simple to test their software before committing to a purchase.

This is what I wrote: "You can try Game Jackal or move onto Third Party Products."

So I'm just asking for you to help me do what you said jackal would do thanks.

You're a tad confused, and I'm not your personal Game Jackal slave. Anyone making demands of me on these forums needs to think twice. Goodbye

Last edited:
okay, I'm sorry you felt attacked. I said nothing to make anyone think that way, but okay.

What third-party apps would you suggest I look into?

okay, I'm sorry you felt attacked. I said nothing to make anyone think that way, but okay.

You twisted my words, which I don't care for, in all honesty.

What third-party apps would you suggest I look into?

I suggest you either wait to see what Matthew has to say or send a ticket into Slysoft: http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

If Matthew or Slysoft is unable to resolve your problem (give them a chance to troubleshoot thoroughly), and if you're still having problems then I'll private message you some suggestions.

But asking me to write you a profile creation guide is a little much. I'm pretty busy, and I don't think I can really improve upon what's written in Game Jackal's help file.

Back