• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TruHD audio missing from 300

bezoar

I just started ripping my HD discs with AnyDVDHD. 300 plays fine but the only audio option is DD+. I can't find the TruHD audio from the ripped version on the hard drive, although when I play the disc directly from my LG HD-DVD, Blu-ray drive I can choose TruHD from the menu screen and it appears to be playing. I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVDUltra for the player. Does AnyDVDHD discard the TruHD audio track when it does the rip? If not, where is it? I'm just ripping the movie, not the menus or extras.

Abit of topic but when you play it through your drive and you do right click show information is it playing it as MLP 5.1? Mine doesnt say Dolby TrueHD. Seriously dont understand why its doing this.

MLP is Meridian Lossless Packing, the audio codec TrueHD uses to compress the audio. My player also reports MLP at ____ kbps which I would expect to see for a TrueHD soundtrack. DTS-HD MA is the lossless codec created by Digital Theater System to counter Dolby's TrueHD so it should show up differently. I don't have any discs encoded with DTS-HD MA yet so I can't check what it looks like in the info box.

I just started ripping my HD discs with AnyDVDHD. 300 plays fine but the only audio option is DD+. I can't find the TruHD audio from the ripped version on the hard drive, although when I play the disc directly from my LG HD-DVD, Blu-ray drive I can choose TruHD from the menu screen and it appears to be playing. I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVDUltra for the player. Does AnyDVDHD discard the TruHD audio track when it does the rip? If not, where is it? I'm just ripping the movie, not the menus or extras.

Mine defaults to DD 5.1 640 but by pressing the "Next Audio Stream" button the other streams are available including TrueHD and LPCM.

Don

That did the trick. Thanks! Oddly enough, the info box says MLP 2.0 even though I hear sound from all the speakers. Bass impact sure drops off though. I hope its not truly 2 channel and the sound is being matrixed to 5.1 by the player. Weird.

Mine defaults to DD 5.1 640 but by pressing the "Next Audio Stream" button the other streams are available including TrueHD and LPCM.

Don

You must have the blu-ray version. I dont think the hd-dvd has LPCM

Can Cyberlink even decode DTS-MA???
Really hope it can cause i got Die Hard 4 and Sunshine on blu-ray both have dts-hd but i cant get it to work with anydvd hd also hope my Azutech Prelude can decode 7.1 :)

PowerDVDUltra does not support DTS-HD MA according to their website. I would expect they will have an upgrade at some point when more discs use DTS MA. I don't think the Prelude actually does any decoding (I have the X-Meridian). The software player you're using has to do the decoding and then send it to the sound card for D/A conversion if using the analog outputs. PowerDVDUltra seems to work well for me with video but audio has been a big headache so far.

Back