• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PS3 V2.00 FW and BR-RE

clareman

Anybody pull the trigger on this update? Is BR-RE playback still allowed?

TIA

I'll be installing it when I get home but I don't have any writeable blu-ray media or drives so I'm not going to be able to test it. Do we know if they're updating it to profile 1.1 or profile 2.0?

I'll be installing it when I get home but I don't have any writeable blu-ray media or drives so I'm not going to be able to test it. Do we know if they're updating it to profile 1.1 or profile 2.0?

the official log doesn't mention it

weird thing, I was testing a copy of robocop with forced region A and this time when i first put it in, I got a message stating to the effect that my player was not going to play this bluray properly and to go to a fox site for an update, then it proceeded to load properly, however, when it played the movie it was choppy and stuttering.

I then went back to the XMB and saw there was an update available..

robocop original plays fine without the update...

Does Robocop have BD+ if so I'd expect the movie to play back choppy from a copy as I've never managed to get a copied BD+ to play back on anything other than my PC

Well, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what changes they made to Blu-ray playback in this firmware. Some will probably be good, others maybe not. :)

Does Robocop have BD+ if so I'd expect the movie to play back choppy from a copy as I've never managed to get a copied BD+ to play back on anything other than my PC

james told me he's heard from some it works

this is a quote off the home page of doom9 (the news page)

"AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.6 supports more MKBv4 titles, and handles BD+. Now, that doesn't mean BD+ is cracked. You still need a BD+ capable player to play the decrypted disc - however, it seems that burning the decrypted disc with the BD+ folder will result in proper playback on devices that can handle BD+."

What I think is happening is that people see the trailers working and think it's hacked, or play it back from the disc on their PC drive and it works. I've tried 3 different films written back to bd-re and none of them work on a PS3 or standalone player, they all give the 'Fox' warning and the main movie plays back jerky. But if I put the original discs in they play fine.

What I think is happening is that people see the trailers working and think it's hacked, or play it back from the disc on their PC drive and it works. I've tried 3 different films written back to bd-re and none of them work on a PS3 or standalone player, they all give the 'Fox' warning and the main movie plays back jerky. But if I put the original discs in they play fine.

well, I see both cars and ratatouille have been .mkv'ed

aren't these both bd+?

someone is re-encoding...

well, I see both cars and ratatouille have been .mkv'ed

aren't these both bd+?

someone is re-encoding...

Cars and Ratatouille are not BD+, they are both Disney and Disney havn't started using it yet

Cars and Ratatouille are not BD+, they are both Disney and Disney havn't started using it yet

I do hope they never will.
At least some companies in the music industry realized that a copy protection is useless and just upsets the honest customers and therefore they put ut CDs without it again. Hopefully they will do the same with BD+ but I'm pretty sure they won't:disagree:

FRACK ME

Relevant quote:

Speaking of firmware, we had our hopes pegged on the PS3's 2.00 software update for adding 1.1 capability, but just this AM, we were sorely disappointed. Nevertheless, word on the street is that the PS3 still just needs a software update to activate 1.1. The current lineup of Sony Blu-ray players, on the other hand, can never reach it, with or without firmware update.

So it would seem. I honestly don't have the ability to test that theory.

That's good to know. I FINALLY got linux installed on the PS3 and am in the process of dumping an ISO of my Fantastic 4 ROSS disc. I want to try it out on my HTPC. But, I just upgrade to the 2.0 firmware. I don't think they did ANYTHING with Blu-ray in this firmware.

Back