• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray movies that won't work with Anydvd 6.1.9.6 beta

Webslinger

Retired Moderator
This thread is intended for information purposes. If you have a disc that doesn't work, reply to this thread and follow the steps:

1. Ensure you're using Anydvd HD 6.1.9.6 beta

2. Ensure the problem you're having isn't an issue on your end and that you don't have a bad original disc (simply because a disc plays fine doesn't necessarily indicate it is fine)

3. If a Blu-ray disc doesn't work properly with Anydvd HD 6.1.9.6 beta, do this please:

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

4. Provide the full error message or describe exactly what the problem is that you're experiencing.

Thank you

heh, had my fingers crossed, but think I have to wait for the next update:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.6)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 10831232 sectors (21154 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HILLS_HAVE_EYES
Media is AACS protected!
VerifyMediaKey failed. Please update AnyDVD!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

sorry, if this additional post is unnecessary

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_HILLS_HAVE_EYES.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 8
VerifyMediaKey failed (and BD+...).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_DIEHARD1_JPN.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_DIE_HARD_2_F6.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_DIE_HARD_3_F6.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_DIE_HARD_4_0_F6.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
Here the error message for FF2 R2 Italian:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.6)
PHILIPS SPD7000P BPCJ R___
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: FANTASTIC4_2
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Last edited:
Still having problems with Die Hard 4.0 (UK Version, Region B)
This time it does better then version 6.1.9.5. It loads it PDVD but comes with a FOX error message saying please check region code on player. PDVD is set to B and also tried removing region protection with anydvd.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_DIE_HARD_4_0_F1.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 7
Still having trouble playing Sunshine (UK, Region Free) :(

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_SUNSHINEF1.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 4
Still having problems with Die Hard 4.0 (UK Version, Region B)
This time it does better then version 6.1.9.5. It loads it PDVD but comes with a FOX error message saying please check region code on player. PDVD is set to B and also tried removing region protection with anydvd.

I managed to copy this with version 6.1.9.4 have you got anydvd blu-ray settings set to region B as your info file says it has set it to region A:confused: this was my status screen

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 19995040 sectors (39052 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: DIE_HARD_4_0_F1
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
BD+ is not yet supported, sorry!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc appears to be locked to Region A & C!
Blu-Ray disc adjusted to Region B!

and it plays perfect.If PDVD is set to B but the disc is adjusted to region A i dont think it will play!!!(i may be wrong ) i got the fox message but as soon as anydvd set the region to B it plays.

Last edited:
Sorry for the newbie question, but how can I

"2. Ensure the problem you're having isn't an issue on your end and that you don't have a bad original disc (simply because a disc plays fine doesn't necessarily indicate it is fine)"

When the only blu-ray player I have (power dvd) won't play the disc?

++Alienpresence

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_LXG_BD.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 4

"2. Ensure the problem you're having isn't an issue on your end and that you don't have a bad original disc (simply because a disc plays fine doesn't necessarily indicate it is fine)"

++Alienpresence
Thanks for the .zip file, I am sure the developer will look into this.:agree:

++Alienpresence

it has been my experience that if the info screen shows it has processed the disc and removed the keys, it is done. As far as the actual rip, I have had several occaisons where even though i could not see anything on the disc surface, it wouldn't copy until I got a different disc. Other times discs that were unreadable on a sony were readable on a plextor, and finally once I had a disc that could only be read on the PS3!

Media is AACS protected!

(Oceans Eleven & Oceans Twelve - German release)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_U_76933843_VOLUME_ID.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_U_OCEANS_ELEVEN.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 3
Spiderman 1-3 US

No soap on the Spidenman series US. Anydvd 6.1.9.6 & Power 3104a-1.

Flash on screen then nothing. Black screen, no sound, time does not show any progress.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_X_SPIDER_MAN_3.zip
    19 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_X_26367927_VOLUME_ID.zip
    19 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_X_SPIDER_MAN.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 4
I managed to copy this with version 6.1.9.4 have you got anydvd blu-ray settings set to region B as your info file says it has set it to region A:confused: this was my status screen

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 19995040 sectors (39052 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: DIE_HARD_4_0_F1
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
BD+ is not yet supported, sorry!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc appears to be locked to Region A & C!
Blu-Ray disc adjusted to Region B!

and it plays perfect.If PDVD is set to B but the disc is adjusted to region A i dont think it will play!!!(i may be wrong ) i got the fox message but as soon as anydvd set the region to B it plays.

I tried it with just powerdvd any switched of region coding in anydvd hd
Then i tried anydvd on automatic
Then i tried it on B, but still getting the message.

Am going to try again because i updated powerDVD. I was on 2911 because of that stupid hardware acceleration. I know switched it off in the registry and i updated it so will check it out.

Thanks mate.

Uploaded the file with Region B set but still having problems.
Which Version of PowerDVD are you running?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_DIE_HARD_4_0_F1.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 5
it has been my experience that if the info screen shows it has processed the disc and removed the keys, it is done. As far as the actual rip, I have had several occaisons where even though i could not see anything on the disc surface, it wouldn't copy until I got a different disc. Other times discs that were unreadable on a sony were readable on a plextor, and finally once I had a disc that could only be read on the PS3!

The "Rip DVD to hardrive" runs to completion and says done. But PowerDVD U reacts to the hardrive copy in the same way it reacts to the Blu-Ray - no video, no audio no time advance.

++Alienpresence

What I meant is that if you see other people posting and they are not having problems with that same disc from the same region, then chances are the problem is on your end.

Or if you don't see any error messages in the Anydvd status screen, but you get a read error while ripping . . . well, then chances are the original disc is bad.

But neither situation seems to apply to your specific case.

ZIP attached for "The Company"

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_COMPANY_DISC_1.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 5
The "Rip DVD to hardrive" runs to completion and says done. But PowerDVD U reacts to the hardrive copy in the same way it reacts to the Blu-Ray - no video, no audio no time advance.

I assume this is right at the beginning when you first tell it to play the disc, it just goes black and nothing happens. Mine used to do this on some discs until I got the latest build of Powerdvd 7.3, also make sure your graphics card drivers are the latest.
What film are you ripping and what build is your powerdvd

Back