• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ratatouille problem

shtarker

I backed up this movie no problems using AnyDvd 6.1.9.5 and CloneDvd2 2.9.1.2.
I have tried setting various settings, including AI scanner disabled, Very Fast, Fast, Thorough and Deep Scan and I cannot get it to work with AnyDVD 6.1.9.5. I have also tried RipIt4Me, DVDFab HD 4.0.0.8 beta and DVD43. None of them work. I did see another thread on the internets, where someone tried using different burners and was able to get it to work on a specific burner, but they couldn't get it to work on 3 other burners they had. And if you do a web search, you will find there a lot of other people reporting problems with other copy software.

So, I think there is some new encryption on Ratatouille.

I have tried setting various settings, including AI scanner disabled, Very Fast, Fast, Thorough and Deep Scan and I cannot get it to work with AnyDVD 6.1.9.5. I have also tried RipIt4Me, DVDFab HD 4.0.0.8 beta and DVD43. None of them work. I did see another thread on the internets, where someone tried using different burners and was able to get it to work on a specific burner, but they couldn't get it to work on 3 other burners they had. And if you do a web search, you will find there a lot of other people reporting problems with other copy software.

So, I think there is some new encryption on Ratatouille.

I will disagree as I successfully backed this title up on release day there is however allot of bad discs being bought.

it works ok

Same Here, did a full backup and it works just fine. Using latest non-beta versions for both anydvd and clonedvd.

All Right SlySoft !!!!!!

It plays fine on my PC and 2 DVD players.

People need to learn that simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine. But based on the fact you have dvd43 on your system indicates to me that you may have something interfering with Anydvd (dvd43 should simply be uninstalled; it's useless).

Anydvd handles this title perfectly fine.

If you need assistance, then you need to start answering some questions.

And you can begin by answering these:

1) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

What problem are you having with Anydvd exactly?

2) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

That is one of the things I tried. I guess I'm confused. What do you mean by bad disc? If it plays, how can it be bad? I only have a problem trying to copy it. Playing it is fine.

That is one of the things I tried. I guess I'm confused. What do you mean by bad disc? If it plays, how can it be bad? I only have a problem trying to copy it. Playing it is fine.

The disc could be bad to copy but play just fine. This is what we call having a bad pressed disc that was bought. In short a bad press.

Exchange it for a new one. Tell them it won't play.

People need to learn that simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine. But based on the fact you have dvd43 on your system indicates to me that you may have something interfering with Anydvd (dvd43 should simply be uninstalled; it's useless).

Anydvd handles this title perfectly fine.

If you need assistance, then you need to start answering some questions.

And you can begin by answering these:

1) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

What problem are you having with Anydvd exactly?

2) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
I don't have time for all the questions tonight. But I install DVD43 only as I need it, so it isn't installed full time. I have copied other DVDs and thius is the first that I have had a problem with.

Again, I don't understand the comment regarding a disc that plays may be bad. Bad in what way? Seems to me if it plays OK, but doesn't copy, it may intentionally be made "bad", so it can't be copied. If it plays, it isn't "bad".

The disc could be bad to copy but play just fine. This is what we call having a bad pressed disc that was bought. In short a bad press.

Exchange it for a new one. Tell them it won't play.
But it does play. On every DVD player that I have. It just doesn't copy. I would not be able to demonstrate to them that it doesn't play.

I only have a problem trying to copy it. Playing it is fine.

If you need help you need to start answering questions and provide the requested information.

A disc can play and still be faulty. I have a badly scratched disc. It plays fine in one of my standalone dvd players (but not in all of my standalone dvd players). It cannot be copied in over 10 different drives, because the disc is badly scratched. Similarly, many discs that are released suffer from quality control issues. You can buy a brand new disc; it may play; it can still be faulty. Several members here have returned a disc numerous times before they finally received one that wasn't poorly manufactured.

Last edited:
I don't have time for all the questions tonight. But I install DVD43 only as I need it, so it isn't installed full time.

Doesn't matter. The filter could still remain.

I have copied other DVDs and thius is the first that I have had a problem with.

You can answer questions or remain in the dark.

Again, I don't understand the comment regarding a disc that plays may be bad. Bad in what way? Seems to me if it plays OK, but doesn't copy, it may intentionally be made "bad", so it can't be copied. If it plays, it isn't "bad".

No. You can find discs with absolutely no protection on them that play fine, but have read issues when attempting to copy the disc; the disc is faulty. Reading a disc for copying and playing a disc in a dvd player are two different processes.

I am not saying your original disc is faulty. I won't know until you start answering questions.

Last edited:
I apologize if this sounds like an absolutely ignorant question but what purpose does having DVD43 installed on a person's system even serve? AnyDVD already does what DVD43 used to do but AnyDVD is better because it also removes structural protections.

DVD43 is antiquated and is simply redundant, unnecessary and can cause needless problems by being installed.

In short, if you use AnyDVD uninstall DVD43! You do not need it! It's really very basic. No deep thinking necessary. No quantum physics or string theory involved.

Last edited:
No. You can find discs with absolutely no protection on them that play fine, but have read issues when attempting to copy the disc; the disc is faulty. Reading a disc for copying, and playing a disc in a dvd player are two different processes.

Valid statement.

Many people assume if they don't see a scratch or dirt the disc must be fine. There can be scratches that you may not see with the naked eye, the disc may have been pressed badly or even the quality of the blank media used to make the disc may be really cheap. You can even end up with a warped disc that won't spin perfectly and can cause read problems when you try to rip the disc or scanning with Nero CD-DVD Speed but might play just fine in a plain old standalone DVD player.

Quite simply a flawed disc can look just fine and play on a standalone DVD player w/o being noticeable. But, a bad disc is a bad disc.

What's so hard to understand about the concept of a bad disc? Why do people have to argue about it? "I can PLAY it in a stand alone so HOW can it be bad?" Really? So you played *EVERY SINGLE PART OF THE DISC* in the stand alone? No? You only played the movie? Neat! So do a movie only copy then. I've said it before and I'll continue to repeat this until people actually learn this concept...when studios farm out the manufacturing of DVDs to the lowest bidder, entire batches of DVDs are going to end up being faulty. As in badly manufactured with errors on the discs. The only way to determine if your disc is good or bad is NOT by playing it, but, rather following DrinkLyeAndDie's advice and scanning the disc with Nero CD/DVD Speed. If it shows errors, it's bad. Period. I don't care if you can play it. That doesn't mean a darn thing. When you have 3 rippers all failing on the same disc, that's a bad disc. End of story.

But it does play. On every DVD player that I have. It just doesn't copy. I would not be able to demonstrate to them that it doesn't play.

You don't have to demonstrate anything. Just take it to the counter and tell them you wanna exchange it for the exact same title. Tell them it won't rip to the hard drive of your HTPC if you want. But it's easier to tell them it skips.

-W (used AnyDVD at defaults and Shrink - no trouble here)

I just exchanged mine like clams said earlier. Tell them it skips. Will give it a go again and let u guys know if it works or not. I agree with what was said earlier. Some of the discs are just bad.

I would not advise people to return original discs unless they actually can confirm whether the original disc is bad, and until people start answering questions and describing what problem it is that they are encountering, no one here will know for sure; no one here is a mind reader.

Last edited:
Back