• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.6 beta

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6196.exe

6.1.9.6 2007 11 07
  • New (Blu-ray): AnyDVD ripper copies BD+ titles
  • New (Blu-ray): Removed "BD+ not supported" warning, as all available BD+ titles can be copied with AnyDVD ripper, or can be watched on HTPC without HDCP using PowerDVD 3104 and AnyDVD. Reports indicate, that burned BD+ titles work on PS3 and standalone players as well.
  • Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money. :)
  • Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for more MKBv4 titles
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

[*]Note to Twentieth Century Fox: As you can see, BD+ didn't offer you any advanced security, it just annoyed some of your customers with older players. So could you please cut this crap and start publishing your titles on HD DVD? There are thousands of people willing to give you money. :)
[*]Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.

OMG ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! That is freaking hilarious! :D I seriously almost fell out of my chair and I'm at work right now. :)

My guess is they will adjust BD+ so that ripped discs won't be playable.
Will Slysoft continue working on cracking BD+ so it can be completely removed from discs?

this is the best news i've heard all day well done slysoft keep up the good work and screw the studios who thought BD+ would last 10 yrs :clap::bowdown:

I'm pretty sure they intend to add full BD+ support. From posts by Peer and James, I gathered that they didn't expect the disks to work at all at this point.

Great release notes BTW. :clap:

Yes that is really a good changelog :D.

I have got a question is BD+ really down? Because I can't believe that just copying the whole machine will crack a copy protection which should work for years. I can't believe that there was made such a big mistake. I would like it and would laugh but as some said in the forum I also believe it is an implementation error. So the next wave of BD+ titles will fix this.
Could anybody of the Slysoft team please clear up what's really the case and give us some information what will come?A kind of roadmap?!( I know perhaps I am goning on your nerves.)
By the way I try to backup ROSS now I can rip it but when I try to burn it to BD-RE and put it afterwards into my LG BH-100 ist doesn't work. Could anybody tell me the steps to back it up? I can backup "normal" BD movies......

By the way I try to backup ROSS now I can rip it but when I try to burn it to BD-RE and put it afterwards into my LG BH-100 ist doesn't work. Could anybody tell me the steps to back it up? I can backup "normal" BD movies......
Are you backing it up with this current version?
The last 2 beta versions could backup ROSS, but they wouldn't play when burned to BD-RE. This is the first version that states it should be able to be burned and play in a PS3 or standalone.

I will try it tomorrow with this version. The other two versions didn't work for me too. But one guy said it worked for him so I thought I didn't make something the rigth way. We'll see..

good work!

WOW, a big statement from slysoft to support hd-dvd instead of blu-ray! :D

regards,
a big hd-dvd fan ;)

Well I havn't tried this latest beta, but on the previous one I couldn't get FFRoss or From Hell to play back from a BD-r on a PS3. IT would give the 'Check Fox's website' error, menu's would work fine but film played back corrupted

I don't regret any Penny it spent in the software.
You guys are awesome.
You get like the best customer out there.

Support HD, forget about BD!!! True dat!!!

Yes that is really a good changelog :D.

I have got a question is BD+ really down? Because I can't believe that just copying the whole machine will crack a copy protection which should work for years. I can't believe that there was made such a big mistake. I would like it and would laugh but as some said in the forum I also believe it is an implementation error. So the next wave of BD+ titles will fix this.
Could anybody of the Slysoft team please clear up what's really the case and give us some information what will come?A kind of roadmap?!( I know perhaps I am goning on your nerves.)

It seems that in order for the BD+ titles to playback correctly, the BD+ VM code must be present to be run and do the necessary unscrambling of the content. That would not even be an issue, except that the BD+ code has the ability to refuse to do the unscrambling if it is "not happy" with its environment (lack of AACS, hacked player, etc.). If such code is present, then this current method will probably not work. Given that it is currently working suggests that such code is not present in the first round of BD+ discs. According to Wikipedia:

BD+ is a component of the Blu-ray Disc Digital Rights Management system. It was developed by Cryptography Research Inc. and is based on their SPDC concept.[1] BD+ is effectively a small virtual machine embedded in authorized players. It allows content providers to include executable programs on Blu-ray Discs. Such programs can:[2]

* examine the host environment, to see if the player has been tampered with. Every licensed playback device manufacturer must provide the BD+ licensing authority with memory footprints that identify their devices.
* verify that the player's keys have not been changed.
* execute native code, possibly to patch an otherwise insecure system.
* transform the audio and video output. Parts of the content will not be viewable without letting the BD+-program unscramble it.

The only thing we really care about is the last item. Thus, all that is needed to remove BD+ stuff from a disc for good is to create a working BD+ VM that just does the unscrambling part of BD+ only, and just ignores all the other stuff. Sounds simple enough, but since the specs of the BD+ VM are secret, it will take a bit of work to come up with such a program. Enter Slysoft... :bowdown:

I currently have PowerDVD 7.3.2911 installed, should I update it to 7.3.3104a.1?

I have been using 7.3.3104a.1 since its release and it plays all current Blu Ray and HD DVD`s with no problems. Its recommended quite a bit on this forum for people having problems playing Blu Ray movies. I did notice that with 3104a.1 when playing Blu Ray movies a box opens up and asks you to update PowerDVD. I select No and movie plays anyway without updating.

Java, AnyDVD and PowerDVD 3319

Sorry for posting about this problem again and again, but I still have not resolved the problem.
So, I have Pirates 1 and Spider-man trilogy (all French BDs), and I cannot play those titles with PowerDVD 3104: only have a black screen because it doesn't load the Java-menu.
If I want to play them, I have to rip them to hard drive with AnyDVD, then boot to my other system with PDVD 3319 and play them from hard drive.
I don't know what to do anymore.
Is there any way to solve my problem? Can AnyDVD be fully compatible with PDVD 3319?
Heeelllpp, please, please. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:
Sorry for posting about this problem again and again, but I still have not resolved the problem.
So, I have Pirates 1 and Spider-man trilogy (all French BDs), and I cannot play those titles with PowerDVD 3104: only have a black screen because it doesn't load the Java-menu.
If I want to play them, I have to rip them to hard drive with AnyDVD, then boot to my other system with PDVD 3319 and play them from hard drive.
I don't know what to do anymore.
Is there any way to solve my problem? Can AnyDVD be fully compatible with PDVD 3319?
Heeelllpp, please, please. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yes there is :

Post the Anydvd zip file to the forums

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Back