• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What should I use?

MrD

I'm currently using DVD X Platinum SE and want to back up some PC games and some CD's. Any suggestion as to what I should use?
Thanks

Thanks,
I tried clone CD to backup Bejeweled 2 and just the music is all that was backed up. Is there any program that will do both CD's and PC games?

CloneCD will do that but not just the music off of the game. Game Jackel is better to have to not have to use your original disc on games (PC).

Evidently, I must have done something wrong when I tried to back up my bejeweled game. That was the only game I tried during my trial period. It sounds like my best option is to get clone cd. I dont think I have a use for game jackal if clone cd will back up my games.

What about PS2 games? Will clone cd work there also?

Thanks for everyones input!:clap:

I imagine CloneCD will do PS2 games however to play the backup you'll need to take apart the PS2 and mod it out.

I dont think I have a use for game jackal if clone cd will back up my games.

Game Jackal would really be the better option for PC Games since Clonecd cann't handle newer protections without some form of emulation.

I'm certainly not a technician and dont dare open up anything!

As far as game jackal goes, maybe I read the description wrong. It sounds like you use it instead of the game itself. All I want to do is back them up. I have grandkids that love to play games on the PC and PS2. I certainly dont want to go buy new ones if they ruin the originals.

Thanks,

D

All I want to do is back them up.

You can't use the backups with most newer games without using some kind of emulation. Game Jackal allows you to play the PC games (only) without using the original disc.

Back