• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem Burning

grizzlyhero

I seem to have a problem using Clone DVD + AnyDVD. All movies I burn seem to freeze near the end. They seem to play okay on my computer, but not my Sony DVD player. They will freeze and when you rewind a second then play again, they are fine. They only freeze when you start at the beginning of the chapter. I have used DVDfab for example with Transformers, and it doesnt do this from DVDfab. There have been a few however that freeze then continue to skip. It only happens shartly after the 1 hour mark of movies. I use Verbatim DL disks, and I have not tried any others as off yet. Any help or advise would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

6. Why are my backups freezing, hanging, skipping, or showing a blocky pixellated mess during playback?

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

Also, check the preview screen in Clonedvd to ensure you're backing up the proper title.

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

I have dont everything i could. I dont know what else to do. DVDFab seems to work, but I like using Slysoft products so much more, I just need to figure out why it keeps messing up. Please help!!!

I have dont everything i could. I dont know what else to do. DVDFab seems to work, but I like using Slysoft products so much more, I just need to figure out why it keeps messing up. Please help!!!

Read post # 2 and answer all the questions. Otherwise we can't help you.

I have dont everything i could.

Such as?

I dont know what else to do.

1. i. For XP with ide burners
Click this

Do what it says to do if you have XP and an ide burner/optical drive.

ii. For Vista with ide burners

Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

2. a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

3. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393 and answer the questions fully

I was just reading that Roxio Drag to Disc conflicts with Slysoft. Is that true? Would that be the problem? I am uninstalling all Roxio as I type.

I was just reading that Roxio Drag to Disc conflicts with Slysoft. Is that true? Would that be the problem? I am uninstalling all Roxio as I type.

Yes, that is true. You don't need to uninstall all of Roxio--just drag to disc.

But you need to start providing information that's been requested earlier.

1) I am using the current versions of the programs.
2) I removed Drag-to-disc
3) CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 and AnyDVD 6.1.9.3
4) All DVD's i have burnt so far. I keep using SpiderMan 3 recenetly though
5) My Comp: Dell Inspiron 1520 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo w/ 2GB ram and nVidia 8600m GT
Tried two drives: One in my Notebook: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA I believe this is made by Samsung

My external: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N made by LG firmware is L02 i belive

6)I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL made in Singapore DVD's
7)I have tried all different speeds to burn with no luck.
8)ORIGINAL: Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42N RL01 010328071E714N2254
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2018272 sectors (3941 MBytes)
Total size: 3999584 sectors (7811 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Spider-Man 3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

BURNED: Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1999696 sectors (3905 MBytes)
Total size: 3999376 sectors (7811 MBytes)

Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

Autorun not found on Video DVD.

THIS ONE BURNED FROM DVDFAB AND WORKS:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2018272 sectors (3941 MBytes)
Total size: 3999216 sectors (7810 MBytes)

Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

Autorun not found on Video DVD.

Please Help Me!!!

Please Help Me!!!

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. click and read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully (and pay strong attention to points 1, 3, and 12). Points #1 and #3 are especially important

3. I actually use Clonecd--and not Clonedvd when I use Verbatim +R DL blank media (ensure it's made in Singapore--and not India). click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Last edited:
I tried looking for what you are talking about... I cannot find that controller. I use Vista. Why would it work with DVDFab and not CloneDVD??? I put both discs in at the same time and campare in AnyDVD and the first layar size is different... its larger on the one from DVDfab (the one that works) This one also matches the original.

Why would it work with DVDFab and not CloneDVD???

You may have software on your system that conflicts with Slysoft software. Clonedvd may also interact differently with a burner's firmware than other programs do. But until you answer my questions, I will have no idea.

I put both discs in at the same time and campare in AnyDVD and the first layar size is different... its larger on the one from DVDfab (the one that works) This one also matches the original.

Yeah, the Slysoft solution to reproduce that result is to use Clonecd (which preserves the original layer break position) and not Clonedvd. I use Clonecd when I use Verbatim +R DL media. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=685 and read fully

d) Click "ok".
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) click "upload"

2. click and read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully (and pay strong attention to points 1, 3, and 12). Points #1 and #3 are especially important

3. I actually use Clonecd--and not Clonedvd when I use Verbatim +R DL blank media (ensure it's made in Singapore--and not India). click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Last edited:
Well, I trued using CloneCD now at it works flawlessly. Why does CloneDVD not give the same result??? I do click clone within the menu... Thanks for the advice though, I just wish I didnt waste so many DVD+R DL's trying to figure this out. Do you have any way to communicate with Slysoft and suggest to them about maybe fixing this for their next update? I think if you buy CloneDVD and try to copy a DVD it should do just that. I dont think I should have to figure it out like this and end up using CloneCD.

One more thing. Do you tend to use labels on your DVD's? If so, what kind of results do you get?

Well, I trued using CloneCD now at it works flawlessly. Why does CloneDVD not give the same result??? I do click clone within the menu... Thanks for the advice though, I just wish I didnt waste so many DVD+R DL's trying to figure this out. Do you have any way to communicate with Slysoft and suggest to them about maybe fixing this for their next update? I think if you buy CloneDVD and try to copy a DVD it should do just that. I dont think I should have to figure it out like this and end up using CloneCD.

Well, Elaborate Bytes is the developer of Clonedvd and not Slysoft. Slysoft is a reseller of Clonedvd, but not the developer. Slysoft is the developer of Clonecd.
I really don't have any influence with Elaborate Bytes, and I don't work for Slysoft. I'm just an end-user like yourself.

For Elaborate Bytes contact information, click http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/support.php

As for fixing Clonedvd, you still haven't provided the information I requested.

What other questions do you want me to answer?? Maybe there is nothing to fix with CloneDVD and it just does this everytime. Does it work with you? If you want to clone a full DVD to a DVD+R DL using CloneDVD. Will it freeze somewhere just past the 1 hour mark?

What other questions do you want me to answer??

d) Click "ok".
attach.gif

l) click "upload"

Maybe there is nothing to fix with CloneDVD and it just does this everytime. Does it work with you?

Errr . . . I use Clonecd and Verbatim +R DL. I never use Clonedvd, except sometimes with single layer discs (but that's pretty rare as I hate compression). As far as I'm concerned single layer = use Clonedvd. Double layer = use Clonecd.

If you want to clone a full DVD to a DVD+R DL using CloneDVD. Will it freeze somewhere just past the 1 hour mark?

In the past, when I used Clonedvd with Verbatim +R DL blank media, no, that did not happen to me. But I can't say I've used Clonedvd with +R DL blank media in over a year. If that is happening to you, then it's a problem involving the layer break.

When you use +R DL with Clonedvd, if there is any bonus PC material, you're going to be missing it (since Clonedvd does not copy pc files). Clonecd will copy it over. For me, that's just another reason to use Clonecd when I use Verbatim +R DL blank media.

Last edited:
Back