• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Errors - but DVD Junk

pwill69

When I burn the Benny Hill: Complete and Unadulterated - The Hills' Angels Years: Set Six... all Discs are having the same issue after I use... when I use the menu and pick 1 from the menu, it plays for a few seconds and then goes back to the menu... on the computer I get a failure where the software has to close.

Not sure what is wrong -- if it's clone or AnyDvD. Very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated... I've not had this happen before.

Pam

1 ) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums. If you made a backup, do this step for both the original disc and the backup, please.

2 ) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

3) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

4) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

5) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

6) Does the original disc play properly in the computer with Anydvd running in the background?

7) Does the original disc play properly in the computer when Anydvd is disabled?

Here is the information from the first question 1:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.3)
ATAPI DVD DD 2X16X4X16 G7C9
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2056752 sectors (4017 MBytes)
Total size: 3883665 sectors (7585 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BENNY_HILL_SET_6_VOL_1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

But overall even without out going through the whole troubleshooting process, I think the answer to 6 and 7 which is No and No (but it should be noted at at least when AnyDVD is running in the background I can at least get to some of the episodes on the disc -- without AnyDVD Windows or Real Media Player both error out "encountered a problem and needs to close".

Please note that they will run on other DVD players.

Does this provide a clue into what is going on and how I might fix it. you ask about errors but during the burn process I get none...

Untick jump to tilte menu might work but doubt it?

But overall even without out going through the whole troubleshooting process

Answer questions 3, 4, and 5 please

And do uncheck "remove annoying adverts and trailers". That feature does not work with all discs.

Zip File & Misc

Here is the zip file from your question #3

Media type is TDK, DVD-R, Media codes are as follows:
CMC Magnetics Corp.
CMC Mag.AM3
2,298,496 Sectors =4.71GB

no batch code / serial codes (packaging label has been removed)

Just an FYI that I've not had any issues with this spindle before and I've used over 80% of the spindle of 100.

I'm thinking if the originals won't even play on my system, how could I expect it to copy? I've never had a manufacturer's brand new DVD not play on my system before.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_BENNY_HILL_SET_6_VOL_2.zip
    75.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Here is the zip file from your question #3

Media type is TDK, DVD-R, Media codes are as follows:
CMC Magnetics Corp.
CMC Mag.AM3
2,298,496 Sectors =4.71GB

no batch code / serial codes (packaging label has been removed)

Just an FYI that I've not had any issues with this spindle before and I've used over 80% of the spindle of 100.

I'm thinking if the originals won't even play on my system, how could I expect it to copy? I've never had a manufacturer's brand new DVD not play on my system before.

These are all sh!tty media too. Go with TY or verbatim.

1. a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Do the discs play now?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

Also Clonedvd wouldn't be the problem either.

PxHelp20 (System32\DRIVERS\PxHelp20.sys), Version: 3.0.9.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp20
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
FileVersion: 3.00.09a

Iviaspi (system32\drivers\iviaspi.sys), Version: 1.0.0.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: InterVideo, Inc.
Product: InterVideo ASPI Shell
Copyright: InterVideo, Inc. 1999-2003. All rights reserved.
Description: InterVideo ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0

Pfc (system32\drivers\pfc.sys), Version: 2.5.0.201 (2.5.0.201)
Company: Padus, Inc.
Product: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.
Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 2, 5, 0, 201
ProductVersion: 2, 5, 0, 201

Well, you do have some filters, which could be causing conflicts on your system. A couple of these seem to come from Padus software.

Typically, it's best to uninstall whatever programs installed those filters to begin with. But if you can't figure out how to remove those filters, this is what you do:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Iviaspi". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "pfc". Click "Remove Selected Filter. Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Please note that whatever program that installed PFC will no longer work properly.

3. You are using inferior quality blank media, but if your system can't play the discs properly with Anydvd disabled, then this issue you're having is either with the original discs or something completely unrelated to Slysoft software.

4. These discs you're attempting to backup having nothing special on them in terms of protection. They just have CSS on them, which most discs have in region 1. Practically anything can handle these discs.

I uninstalled AnyDVD as you indicated above -- no dice. DVD will still not play on this system. First and only time i've had with this PC and I've done quite a few since this that went flawlessly.

Not sure if there are more testing areas I can pursue on this. I appreciate any assistance or places you can point me to.

pwill69 said:
.....I uninstalled AnyDVD as you indicated above -- no dice. DVD will still not play on this system.....
Not sure if there are more testing areas I can pursue on this. I appreciate any assistance or places you can point me to.....
@ pwill69,

Perchance have you noted Forum Members Webslinger #8 posting comments ->
Webslinger said:
.....If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.).

Also Clonedvd wouldn't be the problem either.

3. You are using inferior quality blank media, but if your system can't play the discs properly with Anydvd disabled, then this issue you're having is either with the original discs or something completely unrelated to Slysoft software.

Regards,
Coaster

Back