• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

High Def and BlueRay...

A fast processor would be nice, like an Intel Core2Duo 2.4 GHz.
For graphics, an ATI X1600 is fine. (You could buy more expnsive cards, too, of course..)

Thanks for the response, James! I have a laptop (mobile workstation) with a 3.2 GHz P4 processor, an ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 Pro Graphics card. The computer has DVI output, and my 1080p DLP TV has HDMI/DVI inputs. I'm hoping to use this computer with an XBox 360 HD Drive. Do you think this would be sufficient to output 1080p to the TV? When I connect the computer to the TV to watch movies and stuff I am not having the computer do any other tasks at all. Also, the graphics card is replaceable, so I could upgrade to something in the Mobility Radeon X1K Family...

Also, what kind of media player software is neccessary? Right now I primarily use Nero Showtime and Windows Media Center...

Thanks always for the great SlySoft products and OUTSTANDING customer support!!!

hi james well i have a xps 700 core 2 duo 2.66 2 gb ram 533 ddr2 nvida geforce 7900Gs i take it this is more then enough power?????

Thanks for the response, James! I have a laptop (mobile workstation) with a 3.2 GHz P4 processor
Seems a little bit underpowered for HD, sorry.

Also, what kind of media player software is neccessary? Right now I primarily use Nero Showtime and Windows Media Center...
For HD DVD playback there is currently only one product available (PowerDVD Ultra), so the choice is quite limited. :D
For DVD playback my personal favourite is Zoom Player & NVIDIA Pure Video Decoder.

hi james well i have a xps 700 core 2 duo 2.66 2 gb ram 533 ddr2 nvida geforce 7900Gs i take it this is more then enough power?????
Sure, more power than you need.:D

Don't you also need HD-DVD media? That is not easy to find either.:disagree:

Don't you also need HD-DVD media? That is not easy to find either.:disagree:
HD DVD media? What do you mean? Movies? I don't even think there is a HD DVD recorder available for PCs at the moment.

AnyDVD HD already does this "on the fly".:D
Really, I had to do this before the first beta, 'cause I couldn't stand the 40 seconds unskippable Universal "HD-DVD is so great" intro on *every* Universal HD DVD.
As a side effect, the Warner & Paramount intros are now gone, too.
8)

ROFLMAO! Ok, Ok, that sounds good then. If I had an HD-DVD drive I'd help out with the beta testing. I just bought a new car, though, so my budget is a tad bit stretched at the moment. :)

ROFLMAO! Ok, Ok, that sounds good then. If I had an HD-DVD drive I'd help out with the beta testing. I just bought a new car, though, so my budget is a tad bit stretched at the moment. :)
Who needs a car? Stay at home, watch HD DVD movies! :D

CloneDVD HD is not planned at the moment. Maybe later, if the HD formats gain popularity. There will be an "AnyDVD ripper like" application to copy files to the harddisk (remember, Windows XP doesn't support UDF2.5, so you can't "drag'n'drop", until you manage to install the UDF2.5 filesystem from Toshiba Laptops on your PC... cough, cough)
There will be an upgrade to CloneCD to make 1:1 copies and harddisk UDF images. There will be an update to Virtual CloneDrive to mount them.
(Well, it already mounts them, but the stupid PowerDVD Ultra doesn't play them yet).

Pardon my excitement here, but, "OH HELL YEA!' :D That is seriously awesome! And what's this "Windows XP" you speak of? You mean Vista, right? ROFLMAO! ;) Well done, guys. VERY well done.

Who needs a car? Stay at home, watch HD DVD movies! :D

I wish! Somehow my boss type person wouldn't like that very much. Not all of us have cushy movie hacking jobs like you, ya know. :D LOL!

AnyDVD HD will contain all functions from AnyDVD "classic". So you will only have one Fox icon. In fact, AnyDVD HD installs in the same location as AnyDVD, and uses the same dlls and drivers. In other words, you *can* only install one or the other.

Perfect. That's what I was hoping for. Another well done. You guys are right on top of this.

by the way- on a totally different note - I hope my profile picture isn't offensive - it's meant as a light hearted spoof.
LOL!!!!
Offensive -- maybe. But funny as hell! :D

Perfect. That's what I was hoping for. Another well done. You guys are right on top of this.
Have you seen the screenshot yet? Sure you don't want to trade the car? :D

[OT]
I want an XBox 360 just so I can play Gears of War. *drool* Oh, and the HD-DVD player via USB to my computer would be nice.
[/OT]

Yes, yes you do. GoW is awesome. :) I want the HD-DVD drive...maybe some day soon.

Have you seen the screenshot yet? Sure you don't want to trade the car? :D

Yes, I just took a look. You guys are insanely awesome. And no, I LOVE my car unfortunately. As tempting as it is to get an HD-DVD drive. My birthday IS coming up in a few days though. :D

Yes, I just took a look. You guys are insanely awesome. And no, I LOVE my car unfortunately. As tempting as it is to get an HD-DVD drive. My birthday IS coming up in a few days though. :D
Did you notice the "directory to store script files" edit box?
With an XML editor you can remaster HD DVDs on the fly (!!!!!) without making a copy. The script files will magically replace the files on the physical disc. So you can create customized playback of movies *without* ripping them at all.
How cool is that?
I believe that's what you were asking for, right? ;)

Back