• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCDMount.exe command line

littlerufe

I'm trying to find the documentation for VCDMount command line arguments. I tried looking in the manual that was installed with it, and I tried "VCDMount.exe /?". There seems to be no help associated with this .exe

I want to script the mounting/unmounting of images to the drive. Can anyone provide the command line for this?

Thanks,
Rufus

Removing mount history from context menu

Does anyone know if there's a way to tell Virual CloneDrive to not display the last mounted drive? I found a couple of registry entries that I can delete to remove the history, but was hoping there was a setting somewhere.

Thanks!
Rufus

P.S. For now, these commands seem to work:
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\LRU" /f

reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\0" /v LastMountedFile /f

Thanks!
Rufus

Last edited:
You mean last mounted file and not mounted drive as our parameter also delete's mounted file and not drive..

Haven't found something in Virtual CloneDrive, but i have a solution for you.

Open regedit and navigate to the first registry entry you mentioned. Do a rightclick on LRU, permissions, select the username you are, best is to add "everyone" (it is possible you have to translate everyone into your windows language), and deny full access to this user. You should see no list anymore when you are doing a rightlick on virtual drive.

For mounting:

vcdmount.exe image name, e. g. vcdmount.exe "m:\image name.iso"

For unmounting:

vcdmount.exe /u

@Webslinger

These are two different problems.

Just a little addition:

For mounting in different virtual drives:

vcdmount /d=X imagefile

where x is your "virtual drive number-1", e. g. you want to mount the image into virtual drive 1 you have to use 0 for x, for drive 8 you have to use 7.

when you want to unmount image in drive 8 you have to use "vcdmount.exe /d=7 /u"

VCDMount only knows the switches /u for unmounting and /d=x for selecting which drive should mount/unmount image.

Last edited:
Open regedit and navigate to the first registry entry you mentioned. Do a rightclick on LRU, permissions, select username: "everyone", and deny full access to this user. You should see no list anymore when you are doing a rightlick on virtual drive.
Great idea, Blazkowicz...I'll give this a shot (this answers the question in my other post about removing the mounted image history from the context menu).

For mounting in different virtual drives:

vcdmount /d=X imagefile
when you want to unmount image in drive 8 you have to use "vcdmount.exe /d=7 /u"

VCDMount only knows the switches /u for unmounting and /d=x for selecting which drive should mount/unmount image.
This is what I was looking for...thank you. I don't know why they didn't include usage instructions for an executable that takes command line parameters!

Thanks,
Rufus

FYI: Blazkowicz answered this question in my other thread:

Open regedit and navigate to the first registry entry you mentioned. Do a rightclick on LRU, permissions, select username: "everyone", and deny full access to this user. You should see no list anymore when you are doing a rightlick on virtual drive.

Well Webslinger has merged both threads and then splitted and he forgot to split my posting too.

I unable to use VCDMount in my Vista 32bit.

I tried with the /d=1 option (I have only 1 drive) and without it.

From command line, simply it does nothing! No messages, no errors, no mounting.

Instead from a drive mount/unmount actions it works.

I'm trying to find the documentation for VCDMount command line arguments. I tried looking in the manual that was installed with it, and I tried "VCDMount.exe /?". There seems to be no help associated with this .exe

The original question seems to have never been answered. Is there any documentation on the command line options to VCDMount? I've tried searching but with no luck so far...

David

The original question seems to have never been answered. Is there any documentation on the command line options to VCDMount? I've tried searching but with no luck so far...

David

Type

start vcdmount

from the command prompt. That's all documentation there is, I'm afraid.

Command line switches were posted above by me, so i wonder why he is asking when the answer lies above.

Command line switches were posted above by me, so i wonder why he is asking when the answer lies above.

So in two different postings you refer to a command line switch of /u and another one of /d. These are the only switches available?

I don't understand why it is so hard to support /? or /h on any utility that supports command line options.

David

So in two different postings you refer to a command line switch of /u and another one of /d. These are the only switches available?

No.

attachment.php

James also said how to view all the command-line switches.

I don't understand why it is so hard to support /? or /h on any utility that supports command line options.

That really falls on the developers. That said, there aren't many options and what is needed is shown by simply executing VCDMount.exe with no parameter. Between that and the VCD options window everything should be self-explanatory.

Attachments

• VCD.jpg
    VCD.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for the screen shot. I was originally responding to Blazkowicz's response about the options. What I missed in James' response was that he was trying to tell me that if you execute vcdmount without any options it will display a usage screen. Thanks for pointing this out. I guess I'm old school about command line tools always having a /? or /h option.

Thanks.

Back