• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Battle for Middleearth

just a note beforehand: Running that protection ID program has disabled ability to check for game updates from website and the splash screen has install option instead of play option but when you click the icon it executes the game for playing not installation as it says. I've done what was asked here but its actually helped screw this game up more than anything.

1. GJ version 2.9.18.607
2. Title: Lord Of The Rings - The Battle For Middle Earth II
3.Version 1.06
4.DVD
5.Australia
6.Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm) II\game.dat
File Type : Exe, Size : 12300200 (0BBAFA8h) Bytes
-> File has 1214888 (01289A8h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0A92600h
[!] Safedisc v3.20 - v4.xx or newer [removed version] detected !
[!] removed version is Safedisc v4.60.000
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> cdkey

(please note, like i said after running this application its screwed with the game somewhat here)

7.WinXP Home SP2
8.Core 2 DUO 6600 @ 2.40GHZ
9.Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application
10.ASUS DWR-1814BL - original firmware

just a note beforehand: Running that protection ID program has disabled ability to check for game updates from website and the splash screen has install option instead of play option but when you click the icon it executes the game for playing not installation as it says. I've done what was asked here but its actually helped screw this game up more than anything.

Then something is severely wrong on your system as most have no issues running either program concurrently, unless security software erroneously blocks ProtectionID from running.

And, I'm pretty sure Game Jackal does handle this disc.

Matthew may be able to provide you with some suggestions.

LiveInTheAbyss said:
just a note beforehand: Running that protection ID program has disabled ability to check for game updates from website

nope, thats in the configuration of protectionid, pid doesn't automatically disable its update checking, at best it will report that the version you have is the latest (5.2c is the latest public version)

LiveInTheAbyss said:
and the splash screen has install option instead of play option

pid doesnt have a splash screen, i guess you mean the installer screen for the game

Webslinger said:
Then something is severely wrong on your system as most have no issues running either program concurrently, unless security software erroneously blocks ProtectionID from running.

we currently know of no programs that block protection id at all... there was an issue a long time ago about a false positive on a virus scan, but that has since been sorted out (a long time ago)... blocking protection id itself would be silly as it does nothing to bypass protection.. its passive

LiveInTheAbyss said:
(please note, like i said after running this application its screwed with the game somewhat here)
please explain.. protection id is totally passive, it doesnt even execute the program during the scans... something else is screwing with the game.. not protection id

Last edited:
. there was an issue a long time ago about a false positive on a virus scan but that has since been sorted out (a long time ago)...

Actually, it's still happening (frequently, I might add) with some antivirus programs. People don't seem to believe me (which I find incredibly frustrating) when I tell them the antivirus program is reporting a false positive.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=60090&postcount=8 (one example)

So who knows if other security software is gumming up how this program runs on people's systems.

Last edited:
hmm maybe we have to do a 5.3 release to kill this issue :)
though, 6.0 is in beta atm, so all 'concentration' is going towards that at the moment
thx for the info on it though, definately a false positive..

and i totally agree with u on the mcafee = crap thing ;), i also hold symantec in the same context

Thanks for the immediate input guys, i wasn't aware of such prompt replies to happen on here, being new and all to this forum.
I am aware though however, i am not fully sure of what has caused my game's splash screen to change here, but i am 100% aware that this did happen after running the Protection ID program. Game Jackal i do know isn't successfull of creating a no dvd requirement, unless someone out there knows how to get past LOTR the battle for middle earth 2's protection. I am going to have to reinstall the game though since using the Protection ID has screwed with this game, i am also now unable to logg onto my account for online play with the game too.

Any suggestions to GJ this game?? as it isn't part of the profile list.
Who's Matthew?

ok sorry i know NOW who Matthew is,
Anyway regarding securitries to conflict with Protection ID, that i do know hasn't happened on here, i just know this:
after numerous attempts at GJ, (LOTR the battle for middle earth 2) i came onto this site and joined the forum, inserting the game's DVD still had the game's splash screen as normal saying PLAY.
I did try a few different ways that GJ has for profile making and that didn't change anything nor the games splash screen.

After reading webslingers comments on games that don't work with GJ i thought well there's nothing to lose, lets give it a shot with the Protection ID and list the game as one that doesn't work. As soon as that happened thats when the game screwed up.

I am fine with testing stuff here at anyone's comments as i do alot of self tests and am prepaired for reinstalls of applications that become corrupt, so please don't think i am annoyed or putting blame to anyone's inputs on this forum, (that i am far from doing) :)

I have noticed that GJ in the editing of profiles has paramters boxes, i am interested in how the paramaters functions work, is there anywhere i can get further information of the ability of GJ's paramaters and their functions as i am someone who programs VB style scripting for software at my work so this kind of stuff interests me. Oh and BTW, like i said, any information for a successful profile of LOTR the battle for middle earth 2 would be good also, thanks.

This game should work with GJ... Is this a new title?

According to wikipedia:
Release date(s) March 2, 2006 (28 February)

I'm surprised there is no profile map for it... anyway it should work. Can you try with image mode checked.

I'm surprised there is no profile map for it... anyway it should work. Can you try with image mode checked.
On your profile map list there is Lord Of The Rings - The Battle For Middle-Earth and yes thats the original but, Lord Of The Rings The Battle For Middle-Earth II is the exspansion add-on just like C&C generals with C&C generals zero hour. I'll fiddle around some more and see what i can get, but so far no luck.
Btw, what about the parameters function in editing profiles Matt, is there anywhere i can obtain some resources on that section??

Yes, it is. Most of my games are on dvds.
Webslinger, i was only stating my game being the no requirement DVD issue, i wasn't saying GJ isn't capable of not working with any game DVD's, please don't make it look like i'm trying to state everything.

Lord Of The Rings The Battle For Middle-Earth II isn't a addon, it is standalone. Note there is an expansion for this one called "rise of the witch king".

Blazkowicz is right, it's not an expansion like your example above.

I have the 4cd version(might b 5) of the game and I can make a profile just fine with it. When making the profile in the past I've always just made a custom profile for it.

The parameters function(as I believe it to be) is where you can put extra commands when the game exe is executed. There's a game(can't think of the name) where you enable "god mode" by adding -god at the end of the Target line on the desktop shortcut properties.
Example:
Target C:\Program Files\Game Maker\Game.exe -god

Like I said though, that's what I think the parameters function is, I could be totally wrong with that though.

yeah sorry about that guys, you're right its not an add-on like C&C generals zero hour, i wasn't aware that i had to be so "specific" on here ;)

OH and webslinger, no sweat in regards to misunderstanding what i said in relation to DVD games not working with GJ. As you can see even i have caused misunderstandings with my little mix up in stating LOTR the battle for middle earth 2 being an add-on, silly me.

Last edited:

Sorry Matt but still no love after trying to do what you said with creating profile via image mode checked, is it a possible DVD thing as i have noticed someone else out there has been successful in creating a profile with GJ but their LOTR BFME2 game compiled from a group of cd's not a DVD as my game is?? or do i have to wait for a possible update to your GJ software?

yeah sorry about that guys, you're right its not an add-on like C&C generals zero hour, i wasn't aware that i had to be so "specific" on here ;)

OH and webslinger, no sweat in regards to misunderstanding what i said in relation to DVD games not working with GJ. As you can see even i have caused misunderstandings with my little mix up in stating LOTR the battle for middle earth 2 being an add-on, silly me.

14. You should have two log files in your Game Jackal directory. The first is called. Proc Monitor.log, and the second is called Profile.log (do not post the Profiler.log file... notice the "r" at the end). Copy and past the information into your next post. Here is one way to do it:

[ code ]
text of the log
[ /code ]

(you have to delete the spaces before and after the square brackets though)

15 a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

OR

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Do not start randomly deleting filters, please.

Back