• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Madden 08

If you have the beta version (v2.9.18.604) installed... right-click the profile and select "Update profile". This may fix the issue.

If you have the beta version (v2.9.18.604) installed... right-click the profile and select "Update profile". This may fix the issue.

Just to give everyone an update (and after another fresh install with nothing but the game and GJ). I still have the issue. In fact, I can't even play the game now it seems without the disk. And if anyone is doubting I have a legit copy I can take pics. :) I bought it from Best Buy. Might not have the receipt to prove it, but I have the case and everything. :) It seemed to work best with drive emulators installed and running (still touch and go, but at least I could get to it once in a while). Anyways, just to let you guys know it still doesn't work completely with Madden 08 under Windows XP SP2.

EDIT: For now I will keep playing with the repair options to see if it fine tunes the game and hope a future version fixes the issue.

Last edited:
Well, I tried the latest beta and still the same problem. I can play the profile for about one day then it breaks again. Clicking on the repair several times doesn't do anything. Any other suggestions? Again this is after a second fresh install with nothing but.

I purchased this software along with another package because at first it did work and I've been meaning to purchase the other package I bought for a while. Since GJ seemed to work the first full day I was testing it I thought I would spend the extra $10 or so to get it since I figured that since it was working the first several tries that it would continue to work. Anyways...anyway to help get my moneys worth out of this program would be great! Thanks!

Did you create a new profile with the v2.9.18.607 beta?

Did you create a new profile with the v2.9.18.607 beta?

Yup. Thus the "I tried the latest beta." :) I have no clue what's happening. It works for a few times then won't work at all and nothing's changed between when it was working and when it stopped.

Hmmm... one more thing. Try changing you system date to the day in which the profile was created and test it again (don't forget to change you date back after the test). Let me know the results.

Hmmm... one more thing. Try changing you system date to the day in which the profile was created and test it again (don't forget to change you date back after the test). Let me know the results.

That didn't do any good unfortunately. I see other recent posts in the forums for games that have Securom 7 that are having problems as well. It sounds like GJ just needs to be tweeked more to run these games.

huh

yep my madden o8 does the same thing. Any luck. i can play all day but the second i turn off my computer and turn it back on it needs the disk. and i play for 2-3 hours at a time but still does work completely when i kick it on:confused:

We need to determine if this is date related.
Can you recreate the profile... test it and make sure it works. Then change the system date and test again. Let me know the results.

I'm still baffled as I still play Madden '08 about every day and reboot once a week or so. My son also plays on his computer every day and shuts down daily. No issues here whatsoever on XP Pro with all the latest Windows updates. I don't have any emulation software installed. I recently had to reinstall my OS via a backup image, and still everything works fine.

I haven't installed the latest beta, still running v2.9.18.600 with driver version 2.9.18.595. Madden is v3.0.

I realise this doesn't help you much, other than to point to a possible conflict on your system that we don't have.

I'd try shutting down everything in task manager (one by one) that you don't absolutely need and see if something there isn't causing the problem. If nothing there, I'd check services loading with Windows. Just make a note of what you stop/disable so you can enable it again later if need be.

Hope you get it sorted out. :confused:

Last edited:
It would be good if the users having problems could do this test

Can you recreate the profile... test it and make sure it works. Then change the system date and test again. Let me know the results.

It's not a date issue because the problem will happen after the first reboot of a system on the same date. The times before I went a day or two before rebooting thus it running a day or so.

I'm still baffled as I still play Madden '08 about every day and reboot once a week or so. My son also plays on his computer every day and shuts down daily. No issues here whatsoever on XP Pro with all the latest Windows updates. I don't have any emulation software installed. I recently had to reinstall my OS via a backup image, and still everything works fine.

I haven't installed the latest beta, still running v2.9.18.600 with driver version 2.9.18.595. Madden is v3.0.

I realise this doesn't help you much, other than to point to a possible conflict on your system that we don't have.

I'd try shutting down everything in task manager (one by one) that you don't absolutely need and see if something there isn't causing the problem. If nothing there, I'd check services loading with Windows. Just make a note of what you stop/disable so you can enable it again later if need be.

Hope you get it sorted out. :confused:

I've looked at everything about my system. As I mentioned in a couple of my later posts I did another fresh install with just GJ and Madden and still no luck, but it appears I'm not the only one having issues. Is it possible it could be an Intel Chipset or Intel SATA raid driver issue or maybe an issue with dual core processors or maybe an issue with SATA DVD/CDROM drives and the emulation GJ uses? Maybe we need to look at that angle to determine the issue with Madden? Another thing to look at is for those who are having success are you using the CD or DVD version? I think I saw another post somewhere in the forums for the latest Tiger Woods game and they seem to have problems with GJ as well which uses the latest Securom version.

I've looked at everything about my system. As I mentioned in a couple of my later posts I did another fresh install with just GJ and Madden and still no luck, but it appears I'm not the only one having issues. Is it possible it could be an Intel Chipset or Intel SATA raid driver issue or maybe an issue with dual core processors or maybe an issue with SATA DVD/CDROM drives and the emulation GJ uses? Maybe we need to look at that angle to determine the issue with Madden? Another thing to look at is for those who are having success are you using the CD or DVD version? I think I saw another post somewhere in the forums for the latest Tiger Woods game and they seem to have problems with GJ as well which uses the latest Securom version.

I can tell you what we're using for hardware. Looks to me like we can rule out all of the above, but maybe you can figure out something from it.

System 1:
ICH9 965P chipset with RAID 0 drivers
2x250g Seagate NCQ 7200.10
Asus 20x SATA DVD-ROM
Core 2 Duo E6750
Leadtek PX7900GTX-TDH Extreme (Nvidia 163.71 GPU drivers)
2x1g Crucial Ballistix PC2-800
System overclocked to 3.6GHz
Madden '08 PC-DVD version

System 2:
ICH7R I975X chipset
250g Seagate NCQ 7200.10
Liteon 20x ATA DVD-ROM
Pentium D 805D
Gigabyte 7600GT (Nvidia 93.71 GPU drivers)
2x512mb Crucial Ballistix PC2-800
System overclocked to 3.6GHz
Madden '08 PC-DVD version

When you say fresh install, I'm assuming you mean that you've uninstalled GJ and Madden, but not formatted your hard drive. If that's the case, there's one other thing to try that I know of. What happens when you shut down GJ and run Madden with the CD/DVD? With Madden '07, we had a corrupt folder in my documents that had to be manually deleted before the game would stop crashing. That Madden folder (in My Documents by default) does not uninstall with the game. Unfortunately you'll lose all saved game data by deleting it, but we found it was the only way to solve our problems last year. We've had no such problems yet (knock on wood) with '08, but I assume it can still happen on occasion.

When you say fresh install, I'm assuming you mean that you've uninstalled GJ and Madden, but not formatted your hard drive.

When I say fresh install I literally mean fresh install of everything which includes reformatting the drives etc. Also note that I have tried the latest version - .608.

Using the latest beta version, doe sthe "Update profile" option appear when you right-click the Madden profile. If so... can you try running the update process.

Using the latest beta version, doe sthe "Update profile" option appear when you right-click the Madden profile. If so... can you try running the update process.

I tried that suggestion from before as well as this time and its still a no go. :(

As a side note, I decided to put Vista on my box to test it and same results...

I believe it's your sata cdrom drive... I remember reading here on the forum that someone else was having a similar issue.

Last edited:
I believe it's your sata cdrom drive... I remember reading here on the forum that someone else was having a similar issue.

I had mentioned it being a possible issue earlier, but no one else had confirmed as that is what I was suspecting. The two drives I have are below:

HL-DT-ST-DVD-ROM GDRH10N
TSSTcorp DVD +- RW TS-H653A

Is there a way to shoot this over to the GJ devel team for further testing on their end perhaps? Thanks!

Back