• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD cannot read DVD in WMV HD format ?

PEDRO BELO

Placed a DVD in WMV HD format into a BluRay PC reader , to rip it into ISO and AnyDVD HD unable to read it.
Any solution?
attach pics showing issue.

looking for replies.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenShot007.jpg
    ScreenShot007.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 22
  • ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 22
The region of your drive is not set. Eject the disc, close AnyDVD and then go into the settings of your drive to set your region. Just use Google if you cannot find the setting, open Windows Explorer and open the properties of the drive. There you should find it.

After that, insert the disc again and start AnyDVD. Does it work now? If not, create a logfile of your disc and post it here.

set drive for reg 1 but still unable to rip, log is attached , tks for help

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.5.0_Info_F_Super Speedway.ziplog
    39.3 KB · Views: 3
Post what Explorer says. I think you can just copy / burn those files.

I bet James meant CloneDVD. And as Coop suggestet, maybe they are not even protected and you can just copy them with Explorer.

Placed a DVD in WMV HD format into a BluRay PC reader , to rip it into ISO and AnyDVD HD unable to read it.
Any solution?
attach pics showing issue.

looking for replies.

regards
Wow, I didn't see such a DVD in over a decade.
It's a supposedly a normal DVD with an encrypted WMV HD video and the corresponding player on it.

1. If you're lucky you can just copy the WMV from the DVD to your machine and try playing it with a normal video player.
The encryption is different from DVD or BluRay. It uses an encryption specially for Windows Media Video and was often not well implemented.
Do NOT install or use the player on the DVD to try test playing it.

2. You can try use CloneCD, and yes it can clone normal DVDs as well, and create an ISO with that. There should be a 21day trial for it.

Could make an iso file with PowerISO, but...unable to play it with a top media player like Zidoo, which normally plays ISO no problem.
This disc in WMV HD format .wmv is playable on PC DVD ROM with Windows Media Player 9 and has 6 times more res than normal DVD, problem is how to play it without PC .... will check Coop option for Explorer and get back

Could make an iso file with PowerISO, but...unable to play it with a top media player like Zidoo, which normally plays ISO no problem.
This disc in WMV HD format .wmv is playable on PC DVD ROM with Windows Media Player 9 and has 6 times more res than normal DVD, problem is how to play it without PC .... will check Coop option for Explorer and get back
As mentioned its Windows Media Format.
Most of the players, such as Zidoo, only accept DVD or BluRay structure in an ISO.
If you can play the file in VLC or MPC-HC on you PC without issues you could try converting the video to another format if the Zidoo doesn't accept WMV.

you right Tectpro, this WMV HD format is very old but still image is Amazing, have several clips on such format for the old time discs like Amazon, Superspeedway, etc...let me see ideas with Explorer and get back

well, thru Explorer tried to play .wmv file on VLC but...image is bluring green , so unable , it says
Could not demux ASF stream:
DRM protected streams are not supported.

So, any way to pass DRM ?
attach disc menu on Explorer and VLC screen.
Tectpro, Zidoo plays wmv. files OK , not DRM WMV iso.

Attachments

• ScreenShot011.jpg
    ScreenShot011.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot010.jpg
    ScreenShot010.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot009.jpg
    ScreenShot009.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 7
well, thru Explorer tried to play .wmv file on VLC but...image is bluring green , so unable , it says
Could not demux ASF stream:
DRM protected streams are not supported.

So, any way to pass DRM ?
attach disc menu on Explorer and VLC screen.
Tectpro, Zidoo plays wmv. files OK , not DRM WMV iso.
You could try this tool here:
https://www.videohelp.com/software/FairUse4WM

Or this tool
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeme2/

tried the fairuse , see attach , seems no way here.
freeme2 is for take drm from files , i need to take drm from disc not files.

Attachments

• ScreenShot007.jpg
    ScreenShot007.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3
tried the fairuse , see attach , seems no way here.
freeme2 is for take drm from files , i need to take drm from disc not files.

You need to copy all the files to your hard drive first.
There are instructions online on how to use the tools.
I, unfortunately, can't help you with the process.

Back