• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I backup SecuROM data cds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amby19

I just bought the very latest CloneCD to backup some Video Professor data CDs copy-protected with SecurROM (I don't know what version). I get no error messages during the backup, but when I try to use them it does not work!

I get the message: "original disc could not be found or authenticated".

Are there some special features or something I must enable, or something to that effect?

Last edited:
Clonecd won't help you with the latest Securerom protections. They require emulation. Use Game Jackal

I just bought the very latest CloneCD to backup some Video Professor data CDs copy-protected with SecurROM (I don't know what version). I get no error messages during the backup, but when I try to use them it does not work!

I get the message: "original disc could not be found or authenticated".

Are there some special features or something I must enable, or something to that effect?

What version of SecurROM are you trying to crack.

How do I determine the version number?

What version of SecurROM are you trying to crack.

I don't know how to determine the SecuROM version. I've launched the original disks and a SecuROM welcome-type screen comes up, but it does not display the version.

Any idea how to find out?

FYI, I see the following message come up. I always click "allow".

Message1.gif

Last edited:
Clonecd won't help you with the latest Securerom protections. They require emulation. Use Game Jackal

Even though it's not a game? I've seen posts saying things along those lines, but they were all related to games, not data cds.

I'm certainly not doubting your expertise, but if what you say is correct, I would be most angry with the false advertisement, which states:

CloneCD is the perfect tool to make backup copies of your music and data CDs, regardless of copy protection.
(emphasis mine).

So are you 100% certain that CloneCD's advertisements are false?

I never stated this...
It is true that you never explicitly stated that, but then I never claimed you had explicitly done so, only that your proposed solution implies that it is a false ad. What I noted was that SlySoft makes the explicit, specific claim that CloneCD will allow the user to back up ANY data CD with ANY copy-protection scheme whatsoever (See my earlier quotation of their ad).

... and the wording does not specifically indicate what specific protection is being referenced..
That does not matter in the least, since SlySoft's advertising explicitly says it will work with ANY data CD with ANY copy-protection scheme.

Respectfully, therefore, if Game Jackal is required, then SlySoft HAS issued a false ad. Since it seems unlikely that SlySoft would publish false advertising, it seems to me that Game Jackal probably isn't the only solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
well to be fair 'regardless' does imply it can backup the disk without a care for the protection...

regardless -> adv. In spite of everything; anyway: continues to work regardless.

so

... and the wording does not specifically indicate what specific protection it is being referred to.

it doesn't need to... regardless nullifies any need to specifically indicate what specific protection is being referred to because 'regardless' is a 'catch all' word...

clonecd used to be able to do securom 4/5, securom 7 i think it has problems with....

evlncrn8: I agree with your analysis, of course.

Wait a sec: Clonecd have done a copy, but the copy doesn't work.
So Clonecd can make backup copies of your music and data CDs, regardless of copy protection.
BUT the copy can or can't work... :D

For the securom version, the easiest way to find it, is to use ProtectionID, and scan the program/game's repertory.

Clonecd can make perfect copy for securom above 4.7*. After you need a special feature in your burner called varirec, which only implements on plextor burner and works in plextor premium only. But clonecd can't use it.
For more details, take a look about securom 4.7*, 4.8*, 5 or 7, or why dpm analys is important in such case.

Thanks to pseudo555, I now know that these data CDs are copy-protected with SecuROM v 7.21

.only that your proposed solution implies that it is a false ad.

You are mistaken

What I noted was that SlySoft makes the explicit, specific claim that CloneCD will allow the user to back up ANY data CD with ANY copy-protection scheme whatsoever (See my earlier quotation of their ad).

You are mistaken. Perhaps you can quote where they used the word "any".

The only time the word "any" is used is here:
allows you to copy almost any CD

That does not matter in the least, since SlySoft's advertising explicitly says it will work with ANY data CD with ANY copy-protection scheme.

You are mistaken.

Respectfully, therefore, if Game Jackal is required, then SlySoft HAS issued a false ad.

You are mistaken.

Since it seems unlikely that SlySoft would publish false advertising, it seems to me that Game Jackal probably isn't the only solution.

Slysoft didn't issue a false advert, but if you want want to backup Securerom 7.x, you can't with Clonecd (or anything actually without emulation).

Last edited:
well to be fair 'regardless' does imply it can backup the disk without a care for the protection...

And again, they're not specifically mentioning what protection is being referenced. They didn't "regardless of any" nor "regardless of all"

it doesn't need to... regardless nullifies any need to specifically indicate what specific protection is being referred to because 'regardless' is a 'catch all' word

No. It's not (and I've graded a few English papers at the undergraduate level)

Regardless, arguing about what Slysoft stated isn't going to change the fact Clonecd won't help Amby19 with the original disc.

Last edited:
Amby19, for reporting this thread after it was closed and being disrespectful, you have been banned for a week. Should you continue the same behaviour I will ban you permanently.

1. Clonecd can not handle the latest Securerom protections without emulation. In fact, nothing can. You can try Game Jackal or move onto Third Party Products.

2. Slysoft does not state Clonecd handles ALL protections anywhere on Slysoft's site.

:policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back