• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paramount Region 4 DVD's Little Protection

Rodster

Hi all

I have noticed over the last few months that Paramounts / 20th Century Fox DVD's seem to have very little high-end protection like ArccoS, Puppetlock, Invalid VOBU's etc. Would this indicate that Paramount / 20th Century Fox is getting lax in dvd protection? As far as Im concerned the less protection, the easier it is, but is this behaviour odd for Paramount? 20th Century Fox's 28 Weeks Later is the same story as below.

Example - Blades of Glory

Video DVD (or CD) label: BLADES_OF_GLORY_AUSTRALIA
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 4!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

Rodney

Last edited:
I haven't noticed particularly with respect of Paramount. But I have noticed that some of the studios now seem to be selective with R4 protection, targetting only select new release titles. Typically, sure to be popular chick flicks, mega kids titles and action junkie blockbusters.

Sony, Buena Vista & Disney titles all headed in the other direction for a while there about 12 months back, and were doing their best to make it impossible to copy any of their brand new release titles without the best and up to date ripping apps. Haven't encountered had any problems lately. But then I'm using the best apps. :agree:

Back