• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Media Player 11 and AnyDVD

DF1234

Windows Media Player 11 will play DVD with AnyDVD, but there is no audio. Nero 8 Showtime plays DVD with audio. Do I need to download a Decoder/Encoder. Media Player 11 will play audio CD. Media Player 11 would not play DVD until I installed AnyDVD.

Media Player 11 would not play DVD until I installed AnyDVD.

Then this isn't an Anydvd issue, and Anydvd doesn't affect audio in any manner whatsoever.

Moving thread to the Third Party Products forum . . .

Last edited:
I don't think that filter is going to fix this issue. As far as I can see, that filter is just for audio CDs that have AC3/DTS music (of which there aren't too many).

I don't think that filter is going to fix this issue. As far as I can see, that filter is just for audio CDs that have AC3/DTS music (of which there aren't too many).

Um actually ac3filter is what is needed for MP to work. Why? Well its simple
AC3 it the type of audio that DVD's use so in order for MP to read the audio file of the DVD it needs to be decoded and/or Filtered...;):D

I've been playing mp3's with Windows Media Player for years and I don't have that filter. That filter is for 5.1 (and up) sound which has to be present in the music to begin with. I also watch DVD movies with Media Player (11) with 5.1 sound and don't have the filter, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Last edited:
I've been playing mp3's with Windows Media Player for years and I don't have that filter. That filter is for 5.1 (and up) sound which has to be present in the music to begin with. I also watch DVD movies with Media Player (11) with 5.1 sound and don't have the filter, so I'm not sure what you mean.

It really depends on what DVD codec you have. Some decode the audio and video some decode just the video...

Also it has a lot to do with whether or not you have a hardware audio decoder for your computer (ie SB 5.1 sound card or equal...)

A lot of things tie in here to make it clear I don't think any body needs a filter for mp3 just the codec that comes standard with WMP.

And no you insinuation about the fact that it is used for only 5.1 and up is incorrect. Truth be told if I have 2.1 or 2.0 DTS sound file I will need it as well. It works with all audio tracks both ac3 and dts...

As the way that it sits the person who started this tread just needs to buy a WMP compatible Codec or DL the Filter.. Nero Showtime is not one such codec or filter.

ac97 Hardware codecs are the most troublesome they are crap and if you have one get a soundblaster and shut the ac97 off in the Bios...
:D:D:D

I think the word "insinuation" is a little strong as I just stated from reading the info on the filter site and my comment was "as far as I can tell". It looked to me to be a specialized filter for 5.1 music content for a music cd (of which there isn't much on a music cd), not a common filter. And yes I do have hardware decoding, both on my Audigy 2 and on my Logitech 5.1 speaker system.

Last edited:
I've had trouble playing DVDs on WMP with only Nero Showtime installed, as well. After installing PowerDVD, though, WMP starts using its decoder, so I assume PowerDVD has a WMP-compatible decoder.

I also have PowerDVD (7) and the Nvidia Pure Video codec. Now that I think about it, maybe I never played a DVD having Windows Media Player only on the computer. I would think if that AC3 filter on that website was for playing DVDs (to get the 5.1 sound) on Windows Media Player, it would just say that. It doesn't, it references something completely different (cd audio that is encoded with AC3). It's why I made the comments I did.

Last edited:
Back