• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1080p resolution

HD2121

Question:

Can I play Full HD 1080p with this screen resolution?

1920 x 1200 bp

:)

I can't read that page because it is not in English, but I did pick this up:

Optimal upplösning 1280 x 1024 vid 60 Hz

Looks like it can display a resolution of 1280x1024, which is typical of 17" and 19" LCDs. So to answer your question, can you play 1080p HD movies on this screen? Yes. But, you will not be able to see the movies at their full resolution because there are not enough pixels on the screen (it will be scaled down to about 1280x720 instead of the full 1920x1080). You'll need at least a 23" LCD before you start seeing 1920x1200 native resolutions. Also, I see no mention of HDCP on there, so you'll probably need AnyDVD HD to get rid of that requirement of HD-DVD/Blu Ray titles.

I can't read that page because it is not in English, but I did pick this up:

Looks like it can display a resolution of 1280x1024, which is typical of 17" and 19" LCDs. So to answer your question, can you play 1080p HD movies on this screen? Yes. But, you will not be able to see the movies at their full resolution because there are not enough pixels on the screen (it will be scaled down to about 1280x720 instead of the full 1920x1080). You'll need at least a 23" LCD before you start seeing 1920x1200 native resolutions. Also, I see no mention of HDCP on there, so you'll probably need AnyDVD HD to get rid of that requirement of HD-DVD/Blu Ray titles.

okey thanks for the answer...:)
sorry for the website being in swedish...:(

You have right to play your legally buyed HD-DVD or Blu-ray movies without to be forced to have a HDCP monitor.

That's why I adore and love SlySoft....:D

Last edited:
okey thanks for the answer...:)
sorry for the website being in swedish...:(

You have right to play your legally buyed HD-DVD or Blu-ray movies without to be forced to have a HDCP monitor.

That's why I adore and love SlySoft....:D

ummm....technically...according to the Studios (and in here in America) that is NOT true

they dictate what you are "allowed" to do (with the gov't's assistance)! and they do NOT want you to play HD content without HDCP! They do NOT allow "backups"!

THIS IS WHY WE LOVE SLYSOFT!!

ummm....technically...according to the Studios (and in here in America) that is NOT true

they dictate what you are "allowed" to do (with the gov't's assistance)! and they do NOT want you to play HD content without HDCP! They do NOT allow "backups"!

THIS IS WHY WE LOVE SLYSOFT!!

yeah yeah whatever...:D

Are any of the movies enforcing the HDCP requirement yet? What happens if you try to play a movie (using PowerDVD) via an analog connection?

Are any of the movies enforcing the HDCP requirement yet? What happens if you try to play a movie (using PowerDVD) via an analog connection?

The movies don't enforce HDCP. The players do. And the implementation is up to the individual player to deal with. Now, when they start using ICT, that's a whole different, but similar, ballgame. As for your question about PowerDVD and analog, if AACS encryption is detected on the source disc, HDCP requirement is turned on in the player and it'll refuse to play. If AACS is not found, such as on some HD DVD discs and any backup you make, HDCP requirement is not turned on and the title will play.

HDCP is required :mad: over a digital connection right now. I guess this requirement is on the discs, and not just in PowerDVD, because AnyDVD HD is able to remove this requirement. As for analog connections, those still work fine, although the specs allow for analog output to be either degraded or stopped altogether, but I don't think any discs are doing that yet.

HDCP is required :mad: over a digital connection right now. I guess this requirement is on the discs, and not just in PowerDVD, because AnyDVD HD is able to remove this requirement. As for analog connections, those still work fine, although the specs allow for analog output to be either degraded or stopped altogether, but I don't think any discs are doing that yet.

HDCP is turned on when AACS is detected. (You're right about analog..I keep forgetting they allow that. It was a concession they gave Sony and MS for their consoles that didn't have HDMI. However, in 2010 they will start using ICT and that will kill that real quick.) AnyDVD HD isn't removing HDCP. It's removing AACS which is what tells the player to enable HDCP requirements.

I thought that James and/or Peer said that with AnyDVD removing the AACS folder, anything relating to the ICT was gone too. Sounds like we don't have to worry about it when 2010 rolls around. Hopefully by then we'll have open source players that can handle playback of these discs, so it won't even be an issue, as long as we have AnyDVD HD.

I know they said that but have we even seen any discs with ICT on it? I didn't think any existed. Maybe I'm mistaken. Nonetheless, yea, I'm not overly worried about it. My new HTPC has HDCP to my 50" Sony LCoS tv. (And it's getting one final upgrade that's breaking my budget but I felt it was necessary...an 8800 GT with an HDMI adapter. :D) By 2010 HDCP will be built into everything. It already is pretty much. But, with AnyDVD HD we don't need to worry about it, you're correct.

I have my HTPC connected to my 46'' flat panel via RGB (db-15) analog monitor cable. Sometimes, right after I hit play, PowerDVD crashes and doesn't play or give an error. Would this be due to the analog connection to my HDTV or is it something else?

Back