• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback problems w/Transformers HD & PDVD

Maltese

Anyone having problems with stuttering playback with Transformers HD? Everything is fine until the 4500X Helicopter starts to transform for the first time at the Qatar base.

Regardless of 1920x1080 or 800x600 my Core2Duo 6700 shows a max of 34% usage and 20% on average. It is streaming from my Gbps NAS. Windows is showing a 2.5% network utilization. All my other movies work perfect over the NAS. This is the 1st MK4. The original Transformer HD disc plays back just fine with no stutters in PDVD 3319.

I used 6.1.9.4beta to back it up. And... AnyDVD HD was not running while playing the movie back.

I have the latest nVidia drivers, like I stated earlier, all my other HD and Blu-ray movies playback perfectly... except this one.

Anyone having problems with stuttering playback with Transformers HD? Everything is fine until the 4500X Helicopter starts to transform for the first time at the Qatar base.

Regardless of 1920x1080 or 800x600 my Core2Duo 6700 shows a max of 34% usage and 20% on average. It is streaming from my Gbps NAS. Windows is showing a 2.5% network utilization. All my other movies work perfect over the NAS. This is the 1st MK4. The original Transformer HD disc plays back just fine with no stutters in PDVD 3319.

I used 6.1.9.4beta to back it up. And... AnyDVD HD was not running while playing the movie back.

I have the latest nVidia drivers, like I stated earlier, all my other HD and Blu-ray movies playback perfectly... except this one.
I didn't try it off my hdd yet (though I did rip it). But I had a rather high cpu when playing back from the disc itself - I watched it that way, and I got a few stutters (I have the 6700 too, and latest nvidea forceware on a 8600GTS).

I can play the Transformers HD disc perfectly with zero skips. When I stream from the NAS, it still stutters to the point you have to pause, then play for it to be watchable.

Seems DumpHD does a better job, just doesn't work with MK4... shame.

I don't need AnyDVD if it doesn't allow me to stream my movies.

Not sure how Transformers was encoded, but you can expect skipping with H.264, NVidia 7 series cards, and any version of PDVD greater than 2911. With 2911, if you disabled hardware acceleration, this combo would play smooth. Note that it shouldn't have made a difference since there was no hardware accel for H.264 until DX10. But it did...

The other possibility is the drive performance. With Gbs LAN, the bottleneck seems to be drives. I don't have a NAS, but I've noticed similar problems streaming over the network from either slower drives, or machines with indexing and other disk activity.

You can check the bitrate during the sequence to see if the problem is random or whethe it truly is related to the high bit rate.

Not sure if any of this helps...

Transformers is the only one stuttering. I can stream 3 different movies without stuttering around the house. Even when I'm streaming TF HD to only one HTPC. It always stutters with Transformers at the same spot. When the helicopter transforms for the 1st time in Qatar, right before the soldier shoot at it. It stutters. Go figure. Seems like the original NAV CHAIN bug stutter.

Last edited:
Sorry to dig this up, but has any had issues with playback of the 2nd disc of transformers? Mine plays fine to the menu. Soon as i start playing any of the actual video it plays backk all stuttery. Was ripped using anydvd hd 6.3.0.0 to hdd. Then i made an iso using both imgburn and nero. Both do the same ting. Even the original hdd rip does it. The first disc plays fine. ANy ideas. I have tried turning off hardware acceleration with no success.

It is a Power DVD issue. Ripped backup plays back perfect with Nero 8.2.8.0 using Showtime 4.2.3.0.

First chance to totally dump the POS PowerDVD, I'm there.

Back