• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Brothers Grimm

ptolomeus3

Title: Brothers Grimm (German)
AnyDVD 6.1.9.3.
CloneDVD 2.9.1.2.
DVDROM: PHILIPS PCDV5016L2
DVDBurner: Plextor 760A
DVD+R Verbatim Advanced AZO+

First time that my backup copy doesn´t function in any of my stand alone players! They both just hang-up and I have difficulty getting the backup DVD out!
Anybody else having problems backing up Brothers Grimm

1. Does the backup play in your computer?

2. Did you change the booktype to "dvd-rom"?

3. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Hello Webslinger,

JFYI, I tried now with AnyDVD 6.1.9.4. No go either. This time I had a coaster (backup DVD stopped at approx. 20% with write error! which is first time too!).

Enclosed the Logfile

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_J_Bruder Grimm.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello Webslinger,

JFYI, I tried now with AnyDVD 6.1.9.4. No go either. This time I had a coaster (backup DVD stopped at approx. 20% with write error! which is first time too!).

Enclosed the Logfile

Well, a write error wouldn't involve Anydvd. This is a Clonedvd/burner/blank media issue. Moving thread to the Clonedvd forum . . .

1. Are you using firmware 1.07 for your Plextor burner?

2. Are you changing the booktype to "dvd-rom" in Plextools?

3. Does the backup play in your computer?

1. Are you using firmware 1.07 for your Plextor burner?

2. Are you changing the booktype to "dvd-rom" in Plextools?

3. Does the backup play in your computer?

To 1). Yes, updated,

To 2). Yes, as ever,

To 3). No, PowerDVD or WMP do not play the backup in my computer.

Was astonished to see, that AnyDVD did need alot of CPU (Usage at 50% or more!!). This is unusual, normally, AnyDVD does need little CPU usage.
So I´m not sure it is a CloneDVD problem only! Same happens when I burn the backup, I have unusual high CPU usage.

Done that. Ripped again and tried to play with WMP, no go (CPU at 54% and WMP doesn´t react / respond anymore).

Done that. Ripped again and tried to play with WMP, no go (CPU at 54% and WMP doesn´t react / respond anymore).

Well, that is pretty bizarre. Is this happening with all of your original discs--or just this movie?

Try disabling the AI scanner. Does that make a difference?

Also please post the Anydvd status window with the AI scanner disabled. Thank you

Here is the status window of AnyDVD with AI scanner disabled:

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)
PHILIPS PCDV5016L2 F5S4 AUG16 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1929216 sectors (3768 MBytes)
Total size: 3804414 sectors (7430 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Bruder Grimm
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Just started CloneDVD and will write result here when it is finished.

OK, tried to play it on WMP again, but no go (windows media player reacts as before: it tries do read the data but is unable to do so and doesn´t respond anymore).

OK, tried to play it on WMP again, but no go (windows media player reacts as before: it tries do read the data but is unable to do so and doesn´t respond anymore).

1. Will the original disc play in your computer with Anydvd running in the background (with the AI scanner enabled)?

2. Will the original disc play in your computer with Anydvd disabled?

James hasn't been posting lately, so I don't know when he'll get around to looking at this issue. /shrug

Last edited:
Will the original disc play in your computer with Anydvd running in the background (with the AI scanner enabled)?

James hasn't been posting lately, so I don't know when he'll get around to looking at this issue. /shrug

Alright, I've been holding off posting in this thread because... I'm confused.

The person had an error when ripping and burning the disc originally. Where they ripping & burning on the fly? Then they did manage to back up the disc. To another disc? So the resulting backup should have no protection on it yet when they try to play that disc the CPU usage spikes. What happens if they disable AnyDVD. Since they're playing the backup it shouldn't be needed, right? Does the CPU usage drop now? Does the original movie cause the same problem with AnyDVD enabled? It's possible this is just a WMP issue.

Where they ripping & burning on the fly?

Not with Clonedvd . . . highly unlikely, unless he used "write existing data", which is the only way to burn on the fly in Clonedvd.

Then they did manage to back up the disc.

Yes, but it doesn't play on anything including standalone dvd players, and this is the only movie that ptolomeus3 is having problems with.

Not with Clonedvd . . . highly unlikely, unless he used "write existing data", which is the only way to burn on the fly in Clonedvd.

I didn't see where they mentioned Write Existing Data. :doh: You can rip from Drive A and burn to Drive B using DVD Writer under the Output Method for OTF ripping & burning.

Yes, but it doesn't play on anything including standalone dvd players, and this is the only movie that ptolomeus3 is having problems with.

Hmmm... possibly a bad burn?

The disc isn't showing any special protection. I guess, yeah, try disabling the A.I. Scanner and see what happens when viewing the original disc. Then try completely disabling AnyDVD and see what happens with the original disc. Obviously if the problem happens when all these different methods are tried I'd point my finger at the disc being the cause. If the problem goes away then there's something to definitely look more closely at.

The filters look fine. The logs look fine. What happens if they don't jump right to the title menu?

That's a disc I don't have and actually I have yet to ever see the movie.

I didn't see where they mentioned Write Existing Data.

ptolomeus3 didn't. You mentioned burning on the fly. The only way to burn on the fly in Clonedvd is to use "Write Exisiting Data" (and I don't recommend that anyone burn on the fly).

Hmmm... possibly a bad burn?

He's using Verbatim, and this is the only movie he's having problems with. He created several backups. They don't work.

The disc isn't showing any special protection.

Anydvd doesn't really indicate what's being used anymore. However
"Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!" does suggest something isn't the way
it really should be (or at least the .bup file location does not correspond with the pointers in the .ifo files).

What happens if they don't jump right to the title menu?

That's a very good point. ptolomeus3, click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button in Anydvd. Click "ok". Try again.

That's a disc I don't have and actually I have yet to ever see the movie.

This is the German version of the disc. I did not enjoy the film (but that's just me).

Last edited:
@ptolomeus3,

1. Will the original disc play in your computer with Anydvd running in the background (with the AI scanner enabled)?

2. Will the original disc play in your computer with Anydvd disabled?

3. click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button in Anydvd. Click "ok".

4. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish.

5. Does that rip play on your computer?

Back