• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Do I need BOTH CloneCD AND Clone DVD?

JAH

Hi,

I've used CloneDVD with AnyDVD before on another's computer. Now I want to get the software for myself.

Should I get BOTH CloneCD and CloneDVD to go with AnyDVD?
From what I've read, it would seem that CloneCD will do, with AnyDVD, what I'm hoping CloneDVD to do.

Also, it would seem that CloneCD may not do what I'm hoping for, which is to burn CDs from tracks on my hard drive.

Thanks for any input,
JAH

Also, it would seem that CloneCD may not do what I'm hoping for, which is to burn CDs from tracks on my hard drive.

No. Clonecd is not a cd authoring program. Clonecd makes 1:1 backups of cds and dvds.

Thanks.
Will CloneCD do as well at copying DVDs as CloneDVD, assuming I have AnyDVD?

Clonecd does not compress dvd-video so that it will fit on a single layer disc (4.7 GB). Clonedvd does.

However, Clonecd will preserve the original layer break position when using Verbatim +R DL blank media. Clonedvd won't. Visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=685

WSlinger,

I hate bumping an old thread, but I do want to know if there is a tutorial on using CloneCD? I just purchased my first Verbatim +R DL disks, just downloaded CloneCD, and want to backup my Spider Man 3 dvd. Going through some of the CloneCD posting I see people talking about profiles and many different security guards for various game cd's and kind of confused at this point.

FG

Put the movie in and put a blank in the other drive and select the right srives to read and write and hit copy.

Actually, I did see that and followed the instructions .

All you have to do is follow those instructions. I don't use Clonedvd at all for my backups anymore. I just use Clonecd and Verbatim +R DL made in Singapore.

All you have to do is follow those instructions. I don't use Clonedvd at all for my backups anymore. I just use Clonecd and Verbatim +R DL made in Singapore.

Once again thanks and where do you buy yours, if ok to ask?

FG

Well, I don't live in the United States, so I doubt my answer would be of interest.

Your right!

Also, I backuped up my first disk using CloneCD and it failed at first (well not really, but it would not play on my DVD players), but realized that I left the burn speed set to maximum and did not check to see if under bitsetting I had it set to DVD-ROM. After following WS guide and the speed set to 4x I got a great back up of my movie.

The moral of the story, "if all else fails, read the instructions". Should read them first before trying though.

FG

Your right!

Also, I backuped up my first disk using CloneCD and it failed at first (well not really, but it would not play on my DVD players), but realized that I left the burn speed set to maximum and did not check to see if under bitsetting I had it set to DVD-ROM. After following WS guide and the speed set to 4x I got a great back up of my movie.

The moral of the story, "if all else fails, read the instructions". Should read them first before trying though.

FG

I'm glad everything is working for you. :clap:

Dear Webslinger, just a question: Do you copy "on the fly" or do you make an image first, then write to disc? I don't wanna make faulty copies that's why I ask you this question...

Thank you for your answer.

Sivarama

When you make an image before burning it, you can try to emulate it with a virtual deviace such as Virtual clone drive.

If your image does not work in the virtual device, the image never works if you burn it.

Morover, if you copy "on the fly", if the reader have a probleme, there can be an error with your copy.

Back