• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone Dvd Problem

7296CHEVTRUCK

I have a problem that when I burn a dvd and try to burn a different one shortly after burning the first my computer locks up and I can't burn another one until I re-boot. This used to never happen and it seemed like it started after installing some anydvd/clonedvd updates.

I fortunately haven't experienced the same problem. What works for me is exiting the program completely. Shutting down the system isn't necessary!

The PC locking up could be caused by a few things.
Keeping up on the pc maintenance bit?
If you haven't very recently do these:
  1. Disc Defrag
  2. Registry cleaner - ccleaner is a good free one. Use the issues and cleanup options.
  3. Virus and Spyware scans

I have had the same problem. Mostly it locks up when ripping, but every once and a while right when I start burning. Any help would be great!

I have had the same problem. Mostly it locks up when ripping, but every once and a while right when I start burning. Any help would be great!

It sounds as though you may have to many things running at once. You may be surprised at the amount of things loaded at startup, that you don't see. Try shutting down all unnecessary applications running in the background.
EndItAll, a freeware program, is easy to use, and will help you with closing programs you don't have to have running.
Additionally, you could try temporarily disabling your internet connection, and turning off any anti virus programs while using CloneDVD.

@customshopkv1
Have you down a disc defrag, virus/spyware scan, registry cleaner very recently?
if not I'd do those.

How about the inside of the pc? Dust accumulation can cause problems.

PC spec?

Done all those.

Compaq Evo N610c 2.0ghz P4
2gb ram PC2700 Corsair (might be problem since specs say 2 x 512 max)
60gb 7200rpm Hitachi
XP Pro

I actually rip and burn movies using the above, but:
Sony VRD-VC20
LG GSA-E30L
Western Digital Mybook Pro 500gb

Problem started shortly after upgrading ram. I install the old ram and it lock up too. I have done 400+ movies in the last year without my computer locking up.
So this is driving me nuts. Right now I have resorted to putting the old ram in, wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Windows. We'll see if that works. If you have any more ideas...shoot them my way.

Thanks

Do a test on the ram installed now and see if finds any problems.
Though if it was the ram I would think installing the old ram would have taken care of the problem.

Anything change since it starting locking up by chance?

So far after reinstalling Windows and putting the old ram back I have backed up 3 movies and burned 3 copies. One of the two changes fixed it. I'll have to figure out which one it is.

Thanks again for the help.

Back