• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Could a big studio buy Slysoft?

zeroprobe

What a nightmare if this happened. As Slysoft are getting all the media attention and are the only ones breaking AACS at the moment. Is it so far fetched there could be a buyout ??

I just hope the head honcho at slysoft has enough money already so he can't be tempted :) If example FOX bought you out, would your life be that much better? Would 10 lamborghinis you could now buy be that much different from 1 ?? NEH so keep on fighting the good fight.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
What a nightmare if this happened. As Slysoft are getting all the media attention and are the only ones breaking AACS at the moment. Is it so far fetched there could be a buyout ??
Sure. Bids start at 150 million US$. :D

Didn't Sony do just this back in the 90's with Bleem and Virtual Game Station.

(Anyone not in the know they were retail Playstation One emulators for the PC)

If memory serves Sony took them to court and lost. So immediately just went out and bought both companies then immediately stopped production of both emulators.

I suspect with the money Sony has they would likely go out and buy the entire country of Antigua just to stop Slysoft if they break the BD+ protection.

I suspect with the money Sony has they would likely go out and buy the entire country of Antigua just to stop Slysoft if they break the BD+ protection.

Oh well, there are enough islands in the carribean. And there is Cuba. :D

I believe SlySoft is not a public company, hence no "shareholders" to keep happy (except employees).
Hence, any offer can be answered with the finger...

Diogen.

What a nightmare if this happened.
Well at least we can be grateful DVDFab ripped open anydvd and stole all the decrypting codes ;) Their advertising:

For a limited time, depending on whether you purchase, we offer a discount which has value of $10 up to $30.
Please note that this discount is only valid until Oct 30, 2007.

Though would breach Australian law, as this is seen as "baiting the consumer", lol.

I'll buy Slysoft, my bid is $1 (AUD) - I suggest you take it, it's a wise investment our dollar is going up, Up, UP!

Back