• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

getting started

christine

Is there anybody out there that could explain to me in simple language, step by step on how to use CloneDvd?. I just want to be able to shrink, download a movie then burn to a disc. But i'm new to a computer and do'nt understand all the language yet. So I need simple instruction!!!!!. thankyou Christine:confused: :eek:

1. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware

2. Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim (CMC), Maxell Broadcast Quality, Taiyo Yuden, etc.

3. Use Nero cd-dvd speed to change the booktype: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" for the disk type that
you're using and click "set".) This step improves playback compatibility with standalone dvd players.

4. Have the latest version of Anydvd running on your toolbar. visit http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html Stick the original disc in your optical reader.

5. Ensure you're using the latest version of Clonedvd2. Visit http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

6. Run Clonedvd2, and select "Clone DvD" from Clonedvd2's startup menu.

6. Select your optical reader in "dvd video files"

7. Choose the titles you want to backup.

8. If you want to split the movie over two single layer blanks, use the scissor icon towards the bottom of the screen and select the beginning and end chapters that you want to burn. This feature is pretty easy to figure out. Clonedvd2, unlike Shrink and Recode can retain the original menus while splitting across two single layer discs.

9. Click "preserve menus" if you want to preserve the menus.

10. Select "dvd-5" if you want to compress to a single layer disc. Select "dvd+/-r dl" if you don't want to compress and are using Verbatim +R DL media (for example).

11. Click next

12. Select the audio and subtitles you want to backup.

13. Click next

14. Select "dvd writer" for the output method

15. Below that, select the appropriate burner. Ensure you have an appropriate burn speed selected on this screen.

16. Click "Go"

clonedvd2

Thakyou for posting a reply for me on where to find more info on how to use clonedvd2. I downloaded the info and can now burn a dvd from the CopyDvdTitles, but am having trouble with WriteExistingData, to a disc. and was wondering if you could explain to me how to use this very simpley.I put in a burned disc already to use and then from there I have trouble because I don't know what to pick. Christine.:( :bowdown:

write existing data is when you have a saved file on your cpu that you want to put onto a disc. for burned disc's just do them the same way as above.
________
Sc2 Replays

Last edited:
Nero And Anydvd/clonedvd2

Ok, just so I have a better understanding of the Nero issue, I am using the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and have nothing to do with Nero. Except for extra large movies that do not copy in dual layer (that issue has been discussed in other places in this forum), making single layer movies seems to come out fine, using Verbatim and copying at 16X (even tho I have read all about the 12X rule and the 8X rule in this forum). So should I be concerned about the Nero factor or just keep going merrily on my way and ignore it? Additionally, since I am really in the dark here, what exactly is a layer break? I kinda think it has something to do with dual layer dvd's but copying them on SL has not turned up anything like a pause or a glitch or anything else. What should I know about them? Thanks.

but am having trouble with WriteExistingData, to a disc:

1. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.

2. Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim (CMC--not Prodisc or MBIL), Maxell Broadcast Quality, Taiyo Yuden, etc.
If you're going to make a double layer backup use Verbatim + R DL media (made in Singapore); I find
most burners will burn this stuff well at 4x (to be safe); other burners can burn this stuff at 10x with
no problems. Get to know your burner.

3. Change the booktype of the blank media you're using to "dvd-rom". The best way to do this is through the
software that came with your burner (if possible).

Otherwise, use Nero cd-dvd speed to do this if you have to: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" and click "set".)

If Nero cd-dvd speed doesn't work for you (options are greyed out), do this:

a) Download and install imgburn:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
This is also a free program
b) Insert your blank media in your burner.
c) Select your burner in the "Destination" drop down box.
d) Click "Tools"-->"Drive"-->"Change Booktype"
e) Choose your burner type
f) Under "Change For:", select what you're using
g) If your current setting is "dvd-rom", leave everything alone and exit Imgburn and ignore step "h)"
h) Under "New setting", select "dvd-rom". Click "Change" and then "Ok". Exit Imgburn

Some drives lose their settings each time you eject, so you might have to do this each and every time before you burn.

You can skip this step if your burner defaults to dvd-rom automatically with blank media.

4. Have the latest version of Anydvd running on your toolbar. visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

5. Ensure you're using the latest version of Clonedvd2. Visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

6. If you have previously ripped a movie to your hard drive, you can choose "Write Existing Data" from Clonedvd2's main menu. If you ripped as video files, then you select "Dvd movie files" and click on the circular arrows icon. You then select the folder than contains your video files.

7. If you ripped to iso, then you select "iso/udf" and click on the circular arrows icon. You then select your iso file.

8. Your output method should be "dvd-writer".

9. Below that select your dvd-writer/burner, and select an appropriate burn speed.

10. Click Go.

Last edited:
Ok, just so I have a better understanding of the Nero issue

It's not a Nero issue. It's a bitsetting/booktype issue. Ideally your blank media's booktype should be set to "dvd-rom" (instead of "dvd+r", "dvd+r dl", etc.) to ensure playback compatibility with standalone dvd players.

Except for extra large movies that do not copy in dual layer

That is an issue that you seem to be having. I don't believe the majority do.

By the way, many people do not make this distinction (believing everything DL is dual layer), but

-R DL = dual layer

+R DL = double layer

(that issue has been discussed in other places in this forum), making single layer movies seems to come out fine, using Verbatim and copying at 16X

Burn speeds should be set based on the burner and media used. There is no set answer--just recommendations.

Additionally, since I am really in the dark here, what exactly is a layer break?

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Helppro/layerbreak.htm

I kinda think it has something to do with dual layer dvd's

With blank media, layer breaks are not found in sl discs, because there's only one layer.

but copying them on SL has not turned up anything like a pause or a glitch or anything else.

The layer break position is basically removed when using Clonedvd and Anydvd with SL discs. You don't need to worry about it.

Last edited:
Thanks WEBSLINGER for the info you gave me on Clonedvd2 it worked just fine once I figured it out step by step.

Thanks Iocoeng for your info on clonedvd2, it works great once you learn how to use it. You have a great website, full of good info.

Bitsetting/Booktype Issue

Thanks, Webslinger for all the usefull information. Now just one more thing and I hope I will be pretty much set: regarding the Bitsetting/Booktype Issue, where/how do I change my media's (I presume we are discussing my blank Verbatim DVD+R blank discs?) settings to "dvd-rom"? Or is it not media or someplace in AnyDVD or CloneDVD where I do this? Has this been discussed in the forum elsewhere where I can go read up on it and get my answer? Thanks again for your help.

Would someone explain ISO ...??

As I understand it the ISO has to do with a set of Standards but I don't know how this applies to backing up DVDs and why I would want to write to a file. Does it dup the movie or what?:confused:

Webslinger, Thanks for all the help i was wonting to now a lot of what was asked and you helped meThanks Fivestones

Back