• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.9.2 Beta & PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 3319a

On my computer, which is definite hdcp,the invisible, which seems not to be BD+, has the same issue. Exactly the same thing, starts to play and then says, my drivers are not HDCP.

Never had a problem before! Went back to the older version, there everything works, but not "the invisible".

It is an original disc...Yes I know I shouldn't buy BD'S!

Update:

But I haven't verified this yet. If my theory is right, there are some possible solutions...

Sorry, I am unable to solve this. Does anybody has a recorded disc (BD-R/RE) he/ she can try in PowerDVD 3319?
I have the feeling PowerDVD refuses to play *any* BDMV media (recordable or not) without AACS.

Burning BD-RE now

James,

I'm burning a BD-RE now. I'll let you know what it does in about an hour.

Update:

Sorry, I am unable to solve this. Does anybody has a recorded disc (BD-R/RE) he/ she can try in PowerDVD 3319?
I have the feeling PowerDVD refuses to play *any* BDMV media (recordable or not) without AACS.

Probably only supports BDAV on older disks and BDMV on "BR-R/RE 3.0"

F

BD-RE test -- Suprise results

Alright here is the burn test.

Using PowerDVD 3319a, and anydvd version 6.1.9.3:

I copied "Into the Blue" to the hard drive, and then burned to BD-RE using nero.
The BD-RE plays perfectly in PowerDVD both with and without anyDVD running. The really funny thing about this is that the original will not play in PowerDVD (3319a) if anyDVD is running. The original will play in PowerDVD if anyDVD is not running. I've found that this is how PowerDVD now behaves with any Blu-Ray disc when anyDVD is running.

So it is not that PowerDVD won't play a BD without AAC. PowerDVD acts like it doesn't know exactly what the disc format is, and says that it needs an update. Just like it used to do for BD+ discs.

Almost. Haven't verified it yet, but PowerDVD may see the disc as a BD-ROM (*not* a BD-R/RE). As the bastards at the BDA have decided to make AACS mandatory with BD-ROM, a BD-ROM without AACS cannot exist per definition.

But I haven't verified this yet. If my theory is right, there are some possible solutions...
Exactly what I thought, Powerdvd can tell it's a BD-Rom, and therefore knows it should have AACS. All the backups I have tried on single and dual layer BD-RE seem work fine so far with both programs running

I don't know how to "back up" a BD.

But although I use this forum, I have not installed anydvd.
This is because my PC should be HDCP.

I did not have any trouble with playing any title. But now with the latest PWDVD version 3319 a, it doesn't play!
Neither with any other version, so the problem is not only anydvd.

If you're having problems with just powerdvd with no anydvd running and you have the latest graphics card drivers then you need to email cyberlink support

Yes, but it is said that the one's with annydvd have the same problem!

but if you have the problem when you don't have anydvd installed then it's to do with powerdvd which is why I said get in touch with cyberlink. If it worked in the earlier version of powerdvd, and now it doesn't then it's Cyberlinks problem and you need to report it

Alright here is the burn test.

Using PowerDVD 3319a, and anydvd version 6.1.9.3:

I copied "Into the Blue" to the hard drive, and then burned to BD-RE using nero.
The BD-RE plays perfectly in PowerDVD both with and without anyDVD running. The really funny thing about this is that the original will not play in PowerDVD (3319a) if anyDVD is running. The original will play in PowerDVD if anyDVD is not running. I've found that this is how PowerDVD now behaves with any Blu-Ray disc when anyDVD is running.

So it is not that PowerDVD won't play a BD without AAC. PowerDVD acts like it doesn't know exactly what the disc format is, and says that it needs an update. Just like it used to do for BD+ discs.
Thank you for checking this out!

So does this mean that anydvd could be developed to trick software such as powerdvd into thinking the disc is the right format/type? thus making it playable?

So does this mean that anydvd could be developed to trick software such as powerdvd into thinking the disc is the right format/type? thus making it playable?

... Maybe....

Need working download link for PowerDVD Ultra 3319a

I requested and received a download link from Cyberlink for PowerDVD Ultra 3319a but it doesn't work. Can someone PM me a working link. I'm not asking for the password, just the link. Thanks - roog

Back