• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dl problems

MCalca1706

After having no problems, writing to Verbatim DVD+R DL and other name brand DL discs, now my

BenQ DW1655 and Clone DVD2 (With Any DVD) will not not burn to any DL discs. Either I get

the error below or the DL discs are invisible to the drive/program and it will keep asking

for a disc to put in.
It just creates DL coasters and keeps asking for another disc to ruin!

Clone DVD2 Writing to Media was not successful:
media write error WriteDVD 10 11W2

I tried udating both Clone DVD2 and Any DVD but it made no difference.
There have been no system or hardware changes at all since the failures began. It's getting

very expensive with all the DL coasters being created!
All other DVD+ or - media continue to burn correctly with Clone DVD2.

By the way, someone above mentioned the Plextor 760A. I have a horror story with plextor and

this drive on my other system. It would rarely reach the rated speed of the media used and

never burned any DL discs without making them coasters. Now, right before the expiration of

the waranty, the drive creates errors in about 50% of all burns. Maybe just I got a very

expensive lemon! I wrote to Plextor four times before getting a response, which came, right

after the warranty expired on the drive. So they tell me I'm out of luck!

Any suggestions?
Thank You
M. Calcagno

By the way, someone above mentioned the Plextor 760A.

That is the burner that I use almost exclusively, and quite frankly, it's excellent provided you did not get an early TLA. Plextor, I believe, also has free lifetime technical support, so you could have easily called them if you wanted to. No one should be writing to MKM 001 (Verbatim +R DL) at 6x-8x anyway.

By the way, I only burn +R DL. I never compress. I haven't used single layer blank discs in over a year. I always use this method:
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 (I don't use Clonedvd for DL burning)

As far as your errors go, if nothing else has changed, it sounds as though your burner is dying. The capacity to burn +R DL properly is one of the first things to go on a burner. That said,

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

TDK/Ritek 2.4x and a little worse than the Memorex 16x DDL on the second layer but still well under the limits (100 PIE errors max).

All junk. And Memorex +R DL is mostly made by Ritek anyway. Junk junk junk

Only use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore)

Last edited:
Back