• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft CAN Keep up! :)

Ya it is... at least until the MKBv4 "private key" is publicly disseminted anyway. But even then, having the on-line system in place will have you ready for the "next great key".

-W

Yes and no: every release of AnyDVD will be able to crack discs known up to its release date.
Additionally, AnyDVD will automatically update itself online automatically, as soon as you insert a new disc unknown to your current version. This will take no more than 1 or 2 seconds and the new disc will play.
So effectively you will notice no difference.

By the way this means the real decryption programm is on a Slysoft server and generates the key for the "unknown" disc with information send by the AnyDVD on my PC?!

You should not have to have internet for the decryption process to work.

I think in some cases your are right,but:

1) You need internet to buy AnyDVD(as far as I know). So Slysoft can thik you have an internet connection.

2) You needed internet to update your AnyDVD all the time because without that you could forget AnyDVD after lets say a month.

and
3) You do not need it if you do not have an internet connection, you can wait for the next update because this will fix the problem with the disc and just download that when you have again an internet connection.

I think it is understandable why Slysoft does that james had a very good explaination

Sigh:

"The release of the latest AnyDVD follows the HD DVD and Blu-ray cracks that appeared lately in various forums."

:mad:

*We* were the first who fully cracked MKBv1&2, while others were sniffing keys from the WinDVD player software. *We* were the first to crack MKBv3. *We* were the first to crack BD region codes. And again, *we* are the first who cracked MKBv4. And *we* are the only ones with AACS real-time decryption and "magic file replacement(tm)".
Despite common belief, we don't imitate. We innovate.

Sigh:

"The release of the latest AnyDVD follows the HD DVD and Blu-ray cracks that appeared lately in various forums."

*We* were the first who fully cracked MKBv1&2, while others were sniffing keys from the WinDVD player software. *We* were the first to crack MKBv3. *We* were the first to crack BD region codes. And again, *we* are the first who cracked MKBv4. And *we* are the only ones with AACS real-time decryption and "magic file replacement(tm)".

Yea, I truly believe that the others are jealous of the success you guys have had. I don't know of ANYONE else that can handle MKBv4 titles yet...at ALL. So how is it that they CONTINUE to claim that you "follow the work that appeared in forums" when clearly there isn't anything in the forums that handles MKBv4?!?! I still hold to my belief that the anti-Slysoft mentality on a lot of forums stems from the fact that you make money from your work. Well, TOO BAD! You *SHOULD* make money from it!!! I really don't blame you for being upset with that kind of stuff at all. Fortunately, *WE* know who was first (and in the current case ONLY). :)

Sigh:

Sorry if I made you mad didn't mean to. :(

Sorry if I made you mad didn't mean to. :(

It wasn't you. The article upsets him because they continue to get facts wrong and make assumptions that are incorrect. If you spent a great deal of time and effort to create something, say a great work of art, and when it was released someone said to you "Wow, that's amazing! Too bad you ripped it off" you'd probably take it very similarly to James and Co. I really don't blame them.

It wasn't you. The article upsets him because they continue to get facts wrong and make assumptions that are incorrect. If you spent a great deal of time and effort to create something, say a great work of art, and when it was released someone said to you "Wow, that's amazing! Too bad you ripped it off" you'd probably take it very similarly to James and Co. I really don't blame them.

Hey I don't blame SlySoft for being upset and angry to read and hear
that some rip their hard work right off and claim that they fixed it. :mad:

I know SlySoft is #1 when it comes to copy protections. ;)

Because others don't have superb people who can handle these decryptions
like James and Co at SlySoft. :)

And hard work deserves respect and in the end $....:agree:

Not idiots that claim false information and lies.

Well, since the beginning it's been claimed that Slysoft took the work from Doom9 and used it as their own, but, that is patently false. Peer was hard at work on AACS long before the discussions that started on Doom9. Currently, AnyDVD HD is the *ONLY* product that I'm aware of that can handle MKBv4 titles. And when they release their update to handle BD+, it'll again be the only product that can handle that, too. And there's no way ANYONE can claim they were following some forum discussion and stole the work of others on that one...there has been 0 discussion on BD+ in the forums. Slysoft has a lot of really great people working for it. And those people need to get paid to be able to do the things we take for granted. It really is that simple.

Well, since the beginning it's been claimed that Slysoft took the work from Doom9 and used it as their own, but, that is patently false. Peer was hard at work on AACS long before the discussions that started on Doom9. Currently, AnyDVD HD is the *ONLY* product that I'm aware of that can handle MKBv4 titles. And when they release their update to handle BD+, it'll again be the only product that can handle that, too. And there's no way ANYONE can claim they were following some forum discussion and stole the work of others on that one...there has been 0 discussion on BD+ in the forums. Slysoft has a lot of really great people working for it. And those people need to get paid to be able to do the things we take for granted. It really is that simple.

I totally agree with ya...:)

I still hold to my belief that the anti-Slysoft mentality on a lot of forums stems from the fact that you make money from your work. Well, TOO BAD! You *SHOULD* make money from it!!! I really don't blame you for being upset with that kind of stuff at all. Fortunately, *WE* know who was first (and in the current case ONLY). :)

The real problem is, that money is an essential tool to counter these protections (not as much as is needed as to develop them, but still). I don't want to discredit the work of very bright guys like arnezami & co., but as a freeware author you face some serious problems. You need expensive software tools (compilers, decompilers, etc.), a lot of time (if you don't do this full time because you have a job, it is very tough), you need very bright and expensive experts (Peer has a degree in mathematics and is one of the best cryptology experts I ever had the pleasure to work with), a lot of hardware (drives, standalone players, XBOXes, PS3s, a lot of discs ... I believe our company library already counts more than 2000 discs in all formats from all over the world).
You can not spend much money on such things only for "fun". As a matter of fact, the HD market is still very small, so our company currently doesn't make any profit with the AnyDVD "HD" upgrade fee, we simply cover the costs. But we hope, that this will change over time if the HD market share grows.

The real problem is, that money is an essential tool to counter these protections (not as much as is needed as to develop them, but still). I don't want to discredit the work of very bright guys like arnezami & co., but as a freeware author you face some serious problems. You need expensive software tools (compilers, decompilers, etc.), a lot of time (if you don't do this full time because you have a job, it is very tough), you need very bright and expensive experts (Peer has a degree in mathematics and is one of the best cryptology experts I ever had the pleasure to work with), a lot of hardware (drives, standalone players, XBOXes, PS3s, a lot of discs ... I believe our company library already counts more than 2000 discs in all formats from all over the world).
You can not spend much money on such things only for "fun". As a matter of fact, the HD market is still very small, so our company currently doesn't make any profit with the AnyDVD "HD" upgrade fee, we simply cover the costs. But we hope, that this will change over time if the HD market share grows.

I know. I fully understand all of that but a large majority of the people out there never will. They have no idea what goes into software development, much less reverse engineering a complex cryptography scheme. It's unfortunate, if you ask me. They will never fully appreciate what it is you guys do.

If you want my opinion I am one of them who appreciate that you guys that are working on SlySoft Company is really working for something that you love and have a good education for. It's not all who have the same possibility
to reach that top of advanced mathematics. :)

And in the same time have it as a job and earn money.

You, Peer and Co is special, to put it in a right word!

Also from what people have been able to gather AnyDVD is now using the oracle approach to crack the discs.
That has been mentioned somewhere, but is incorrect (it was a guess of one of our forum members).
Our approach to MKB4 is somewhat different but that has not much to do with the actual processing of discs or calculating keys, there are other reasons for that.

Well peer I was right. I had uncovered your secret plan.

By the way gr8 job. ;)

I know. I fully understand all of that but a large majority of the people out there never will. They have no idea what goes into software development, much less reverse engineering a complex cryptography scheme. It's unfortunate, if you ask me. They will never fully appreciate what it is you guys do.

true, but most people dont know how most things work, and dont appreciate what goes into (R&D) but they still buy the products, generally out of need, when it comes down to HDM the harder these studios make it for people to play these movies and all the hoops they make us go through just to watch a movie on a PC the more they will drive people to products like anyDVD, when will the studios understand you cant treat your customers like criminals, the only thing DRM does is cost money

true, but most people dont know how most things work, and dont appreciate what goes into (R&D) but they still buy the products, generally out of need, when it comes down to HDM the harder these studios make it for people to play these movies and all the hoops they make us go through just to watch a movie on a PC the more they will drive people to products like anyDVD, when will the studios understand you cant treat your customers like criminals, the only thing DRM does is cost money

It's one thing for them not to know how things work, it's another to spread false information. As for DRM, I'm against it as a concept for all digital media. That being said, HD DVD managed copy is a requirement for all HD DVD players to support. Once they get that working and start using it, it will make HD DVD even more friendly than Blu-ray. Still not TRULY "consumer friendly" but better than nothing.

Back