• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ICT - Image Constraint Token removal?

tteich

Some HD DVDs and BDs have the ICT flag set (e.g. Resident Evil 1 and 2, german release), which means that the studios are slowly starting to badger us with forced resolution limitation. As a consequence, one cannot watch his legally purchased HD disc on his expensive player in high resolution just because it's connected via analog component wires. Does AnyDVD HD remove the ICT flag after decryption? Sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find the answer by using the forum search function.

Edit: ICT topic seems to emerge. Here is a duplicate thread http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9080

Last edited:
Some HD DVDs and BDs have the ICT flag set (e.g. Resident Evil 1 and 2, german release), which means that the studios are slowly starting to badger us with forced resolution limitation. As a consequence, one cannot watch his legally purchased HD disc on his expensive player in high resolution just because it's connected via analog component wires. Does AnyDVD HD remove the ICT flag after decryption? Sorry if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find the answer by using the forum search function.

Edit: ICT topic seems to emerge. Here is a duplicate thread http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9080

I believe AnyDVD HD takes care of this problem, as the ICT flag is meaningless, if the disc is not AACS encrypted.

Thanks a lot Peer and James :)

Edit: the studios (which I'm sure are reading here, too) better leave ICT Off, otherwise I'd be forced to copy every HD DVD, due to my HT configuration.
No, you don't need to copy them. Thanks to AnyDVD's "magic file replacement(tm)" technology, you can just watch them from your HTPC with AnyDVD HD running.

Not if he wants to play them in his HD-DVD player... ;)

Not if he wants to play them in his HD-DVD player... ;)

Correct, I'd like to play it in my stand-alone player(s). Don't like the concept of Home media PCs placed in the AV rack.

The Xbox2 HD-DVD drive is not HDCP complient... so ICT enabled discs will not be playable on the thousands of XBox HD-DVD drives!

the drive has nothing to do with hdcp, it's what you have it plugged into that matters.

That's what I'm saying - the XBox360 does not have HDMI out, they’ve "added" that feature in the more expensive "elite" version - SOOO thousands of XBox owners all over the world (a potential 10,000,000 if everyone bought the HD-DVD drive) who paid for the HD-DVD drive add-on would not be able to play their movies in HD if ICT is enabled!

ICT is a really bad idea anyway, because it can be circumvented *without* cracking the disc at all, just by using "cracked firmware" - the same how region coding can be circumvented, since it's a "flag" and nothing else.

ICT is a really bad idea anyway, because it can be circumvented *without* cracking the disc at all, just by using "cracked firmware" - the same how region coding can be circumvented, since it's a "flag" and nothing else.

The flag is set on the disc not in the firmware.

It's the same principle with region coding - the region flags are set on the disc and the player checks it... what's the diff?

That's what I'm saying - the XBox360 does not have HDMI out, they’ve "added" that feature in the more expensive "elite" version - SOOO thousands of XBox owners all over the world (a potential 10,000,000 if everyone bought the HD-DVD drive) who paid for the HD-DVD drive add-on would not be able to play their movies in HD if ICT is enabled!

The way I understood it, both MS and Sony got the industry to make a deal with them that ICT won't be used on any discs until 2010. After that, however, the studios have free reign to add it to any discs they want. Given that even the Xbox 360 Arcade now has HDMI, it seems that MS is taking the approach of "if you want to continue to use a 360 to play movies after 2010, buy an Arcade to replace your non-HDMI 360". Then again, you will still be able to play your entire library of discs up to 2010 on your "old" 360. Given that by 2010 stand alone HD DVD players will probably be 50 bucks or less, I don't really see this as a problem.

Back