• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft CAN Keep up! :)

iansilv

I think this latest beta with support for Transformers HDDVD says it all- Slysoft is a company that keeps up not just with its own bugs, but with necessary feature enhancements to keep its software state of the art.

i think a lot of people have forgotten that the work being done riht now to defeat the latest copy protections would fall in to That's not supported" territory for just about any other software company. Instead, James keeps bringing out new fixes to stay cutting edge.

Thank you Slysoft!

I'm confident BD+ plus is in their sights as well. No telling how difficult that may be. But since the prevalent software playback utility (PDVDU) doesn't properly recognize HDCP compliance on some monitors, AnyDVD-HD is invaluable to merely playback purchased or rented movies.

Thanks for providing a glimmer of hope for HD movie viewing!

Let me get this right:

SlySoft needs to fix each disc to be able to decrypt it because
of MKBv4 and that s why every user sends their log to ya?

Let me get this right:

SlySoft needs to fix each disc to be able to decrypt it because
of MKBv4 and that s why every user sends their log to ya?

It's because our decryption engine for mkb4 is a small standalone program for testing purposes and now needs to be integrated into AnyDVD.
So in the meantime, we're adding some popular discs manually, so you don't have to wait.

It's because our decryption engine for mkb4 is a small standalone program for testing purposes and now needs to be integrated into AnyDVD.
So in the meantime, we're adding some popular discs manually, so you don't have to wait.

hey didn't mean to be rude or something was just curious that's all peer...:)

He didn't think you were rude. He answered your question straight up and honestly.

-W

He didn't think you were rude. He answered your question straight up and honestly.

-W

I even want to be more honest. Of course we have completely opened MKBv4, otherwise I would not be able to remotely crack every disc I receive an AnyDVD_Info file.

But AnyDVD HD does (and will) not contain code to directly decrypt MKBv4 (and up) titles at this time, for two reasons:

1.) AACS will have a hard time to blacklist us, if they don't know how we do it. :D Well, weak argument, they might be able to find out, but it will be very hard...
2.) Last time, we were the first releasing an AnyDVD HD beta which fully decrypted MKBv3, even weeks before the first disc (Matrix HD DVD) was officially released. A couple of days later, the processing key was published in a blog, then the folks at Doom9 picked it up. May be a coincidence, but honestly, AnyDVD is much easier to attack than the commercial player software, so I suspect the key was taken out of the AnyDVD HD beta.
I wouldn't mind so much if freeware is using our research, but other commercial programs like DVDFab picks up our research from the freeware tools.
You must understand, that our research costs a lot of time and money - funded by customers who have or will buy an AnyDVD HD license -, and we don't want other commercial software publishers to benefit from our work.
In other words - this time, Fengtao must do the work on his own, or wait until the freeware tools provide him with the required information.

But AnyDVD HD does (and will) not contain code to directly decrypt MKBv4 (and up) titles at this time, for two reasons:

Does this statement contradict your release notes for 6.1.9.3?

"Note: Support for all MKBv4 discs will be added in a future release"

I understand the reason for not doing it.

Of course we have completely opened MKBv4

Oh, I didn't realize this.

Have you then decided to move onto BD+ then as the top priority?

I even want to be more honest. Of course we have completely opened MKBv4, otherwise I would not be able to remotely crack every disc I receive an AnyDVD_Info file.

1.) AACS will have a hard time to blacklist us, if they don't know how we do it. :D Well, weak argument, they might be able to find out, but it will be very hard...
2.) Last time, we were the first releasing an AnyDVD HD beta which fully decrypted MKBv3, even weeks before the first disc (Matrix HD DVD) was officially released. A couple of days later, the processing key was published in a blog, then the folks at Doom9 picked it up. May be a coincidence, but honestly, AnyDVD is much easier to attack than the commercial player software, so I suspect the key was taken out of the AnyDVD HD beta.
I wouldn't mind so much if freeware is using our research, but other commercial programs like DVDFab picks up our research from the freeware tools.
You must understand, that our research costs a lot of time and money - funded by customers who have or will buy an AnyDVD HD license -, and we don't want other commercial software publishers to benefit from our work.
In other words - this time, Fengtao must do the work on his own, or wait until the freeware tools provide him with the required information.

Ok I do not understand what you exactly mean by saying AnyDVD will not contain code to directly decrypt MKB v4 does this mean you add a key for every disc which will be released? Or did you find another way to lets say get the key for every disc and you do not have to implement the complete way how you decryt it into AnyDVD?!

Ok I do not understand what you exactly mean by saying AnyDVD will not contain code to directly decrypt MKB v4 does this mean you add a key for every disc which will be released?

That's what I thought James meant, but maybe I'm mistaken. It seems to me that he doesn't want the decryption method stolen, which I completely understand.

[...]

does this mean you add a key for every disc which will be released?

Yes and no: every release of AnyDVD will be able to crack discs known up to its release date.
Additionally, AnyDVD will automatically update itself online automatically, as soon as you insert a new disc unknown to your current version. This will take no more than 1 or 2 seconds and the new disc will play.
So effectively you will notice no difference.

No, it doesn't. AnyDVD HD will get a method to automatically connect to our servers, so we can "crack" a disc in real time the moment you insert it into your drive. No more AnyDVD_Info file uploading required.

No, we are still implementing the "remote crack service(tm)".

Additionally, AnyDVD will automatically update itself online automatically, as soon as you insert a new disc unknown to your current version. This will take no more than 1 or 2 seconds and the new disc will play.

Oh, that's very cool!!! :clap:

You guys are slick. :bowdown:

Sure I also would understand it if I was Slysoft I also would get angry if anybody steals my really hard an great work.

No, it doesn't. AnyDVD HD will get a method to automatically connect to our servers, so we can "crack" a disc in real time the moment you insert it into your drive. No more AnyDVD_Info file uploading required.

That's very cool! :agree:

Yes and no: every release of AnyDVD will be able to crack discs known up to its release date.
So effectively you will notice no difference.

Oh that is a very good idea!!!:agree::agree:

Back