• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD inert in Win11?

Kurt321

Hi,
Old user (2004!), I got a new computer with Win11 Home and tried to install Virtual CloneCD (v.5520).

Everything goes well (installed as administrator and all), except that when I start it, all I get is the "settings" menu. No way to load an image, even using "open with". Apparently the driver doesn't load, and at no point I get any error, prompt or whatever. (Yes, I did reboot...)

Now I did my search and found further down somebody back in Win7 times who claimed installing after "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON" would help with that.
Well unfortunately in my case it doesn't, tried it a couple times. Still no driver, no error, no prompt.

Can somebody tell me how to install it so it actually works?...
Thanks in advance.

I think you just have to set the amount of drives in the settings menu. Could be set to zero.

1693570422074.png

Thanks for the quick reply but no. As I said, I'm and old user. It defaults to 2 drives anyway, but I tried changing the number in case this triggers some refresh or something, to no avail.

What happens if you right-click the icon and move the cursor to e.g. Drive D:? Does it offer to "mount" an ISO?

Actually when I right click on the VCD tray icon I only see two items: "Settings", and "Help"!...
No mention of drives whatsoever.

Do you use any special antivirus software? It might be conflicting. Otherwise I'm running out of ideas....

Hi,
Old user (2004!), I got a new computer with Win11 Home and tried to install Virtual CloneCD (v.5520).

Everything goes well (installed as administrator and all), except that when I start it, all I get is the "settings" menu. No way to load an image, even using "open with". Apparently the driver doesn't load, and at no point I get any error, prompt or whatever. (Yes, I did reboot...)

Now I did my search and found further down somebody back in Win7 times who claimed installing after "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON" would help with that.
Well unfortunately in my case it doesn't, tried it a couple times. Still no driver, no error, no prompt.

Can somebody tell me how to install it so it actually works?...
Thanks in advance.
Please check Windows device manager. Any exclamation marks?
EDIT: Please check Windows system events, too.
EDIT2: This is a x86 based machine? VCD won't run on ARM.

Took me some time to find where they have hidden it... (I hate Win11!)

Anyway, there are indeed exclamation marks, and they say:
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

(BTW, it's a standard i7 Intel.)

Took me some time to find where they have hidden it... (I hate Win11!)

Anyway, there are indeed exclamation marks, and they say:
"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

(BTW, it's a standard i7 Intel.)
Can you post a screenshot taken with the snipping tool?

General question ... what do you need VCD in Win11 for?
Doubleclicking the ISO mounts it to a drive letter automatically

You were of course right:

CDROM Class UpperFilters: None! CDROM Class LowerFilters: AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version: 8.5.8.2 (8.5.8.2) Company: RedFox Product: AnyDVD Copyright: Copyright 2021 RedFox Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver Trademarks: AnyDVD and RedFox FileVersion: 8.5.8.2 ProductVersion: 8.5.8.2 Comments: 20211215135642 PrivateBuild: Release SpecialBuild: x64

That been said, I already surmised this in my initial post. It's pretty obvious VCD doesn't manage to install its drivers. AnyDVD managed to install something (although I obviously don't know if that's all it is supposed to install).

So, what now?

--Edit:
Oops, forgot to add the whole log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.6.0_Info.ziplog
    14.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Nothing besides that KillerNetworkService and KillerAnalysisService seems to be special. Do you need these? If not, I would try to uninstall those. Uninstall VCD and then try to reinstall VCD.

You were of course right:

CDROM Class UpperFilters: None! CDROM Class LowerFilters: AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version: 8.5.8.2 (8.5.8.2) Company: RedFox Product: AnyDVD Copyright: Copyright 2021 RedFox Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver Trademarks: AnyDVD and RedFox FileVersion: 8.5.8.2 ProductVersion: 8.5.8.2 Comments: 20211215135642 PrivateBuild: Release SpecialBuild: x64

That been said, I already surmised this in my initial post. It's pretty obvious VCD doesn't manage to install its drivers. AnyDVD managed to install something (although I obviously don't know if that's all it is supposed to install).

So, what now?

--Edit:
Oops, forgot to add the whole log.
I have no idea, why VCD doesn't want to run. Uninstall, reboot, try again...
EDIT:
VCD itself seems to run fine. Look under "storage controllers" in device manager. Check Windows system log.

Question: Can the Original Poster (OP) use ImgBurn to get rid of those filters he doesn't want/need?

Back