• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

High Def and BlueRay...

No, because AnyDVD HD replaces AnyDVD. Why don't you like it? It is only a few kBytes bigger and "looks and feels" the same.
The only difference is in fact a new "Video HD DVD" settings page in the preferences.

EDIT: If you use your regular AnyDVD key AnyDVD HD will "convert itself" into AnyDVD classic. I've done this to make development and distribution simpler.
Oh, AnyHD-DVD will be able to decrypt HD-DVDs and normal DVDs?

No, because AnyDVD HD replaces AnyDVD. Why don't you like it? It is only a few kBytes bigger and "looks and feels" the same.
The only difference is in fact a new "Video HD DVD" settings page in the preferences.

EDIT: If you use your regular AnyDVD key AnyDVD HD will "convert itself" into AnyDVD classic. I've done this to make development and distribution simpler.

That's super-slick!!! And much easier for all. :bowdown: :bowdown:

-W

should have asked i just sold mine on ebay with the hd dvd player and 6 games.

[OT]
I want an XBox 360 just so I can play Gears of War. *drool* Oh, and the HD-DVD player via USB to my computer would be nice.
[/OT]

The screenshot looks great, James! Nice work. I'm curious whether you plan to have somewhere that the keys (ie Volume Unique Keys) show up for the HD-DVDs along the lines of the CSS Keys under Video DVD?

Careful, Peer. Your measurements are certainly with hardware acceleration in the graphic cards enabled.
You don't want this at the moment, because it really doesn't work 100%. Trust me, I am a professional. :p
Some titles are more demanding than others. Try MI:3 (which requires two VC1 decoders running at the same time) without hardware acceleration, you'll reach 80% CPU load on demanding scenes on a Core2duo 2.4 GHz.

Yes, sure, you're right James, I should have added that info.
This whole topic deserves somewhat more detail anyway and I'm sure that several threads are going to cover it soon.

WinDVD has severe problems with hardware acceleration - I remember you telling me of some with PowerDVD too.
But my system here hasn't shown one glitch yet that would've been owed to hw-accel when running PowerDVD Ultra (maybe thanks to AnyDVD/HD? :) ).
The hardware acceleration just works perfect here and leaves most of the system at my disposal while playing a HD-DVD.

So let's just say "careful with hw-accel, it may or may not work...".

Yes, sure, you're right James, I should have added that info.
This whole topic deserves somewhat more detail anyway and I'm sure that several threads are going to cover it soon.

WinDVD has severe problems with hardware acceleration - I remember you telling me of some with PowerDVD too.
But my system here hasn't shown one glitch yet that would've been owed to hw-accel when running PowerDVD Ultra (maybe thanks to AnyDVD/HD? :) ).
The hardware acceleration just works perfect here and leaves most of the system at my disposal while playing a HD-DVD.

So let's just say "careful with hw-accel, it may or may not work...".
Right. You remember us watching the "Slither" HD DVD together? This played without a glitch with hardware acceleration enabled & synched to 48hz using ReClock.
But MI:3 can stutter in some demanding scenes with the same settings. PowerDVD Ultra doesn't seem to have some "load balancing" - if hardware acceleration in the graphic card isn't fast enough, you'll get stutter. So the only solution is to completely disable hardware acceleration at the moment, hence I would recommend "get a fast CPU, but save your money on the graphics card".

[OT]
I want an XBox 360 just so I can play Gears of War. *drool* Oh, and the HD-DVD player via USB to my computer would be nice.
[/OT]

The screenshot looks great, James! Nice work. I'm curious whether you plan to have somewhere that the keys (ie Volume Unique Keys) show up for the HD-DVDs along the lines of the CSS Keys under Video DVD?
No, there are no plans to expose the volume unique keys. :D

This may be in the wrong thread, but any mention of AnyHD-DVD gets my attention, so here goes...

When the AnyHD-DVD comes out, will it be a patch to the AnyDVD program, for a small additional charge to existing users, or must we delete the old AnyDVD and purchase a totally new $50.00 program (or higher $$$) ?

It would be nice if the upgrade was in the form of an additional add-on patcher, purchased at a reasonable price by existing AnyDVD customers, and the full program, at the full price, to new customers, but not knowing how complex programming actually is :D , if you really have to re-do the entire program, I guess I can understand a higher price tag.

just my 2-cents
feel free to smack me... :p 8)

This may be in the wrong thread, but any mention of AnyHD-DVD gets my attention, so here goes...

When the AnyHD-DVD comes out, will it be a patch to the AnyDVD program, for a small additional charge to existing users, or must we delete the old AnyDVD and purchase a totally new $50.00 program (or higher $$$) ?

It would be nice if the upgrade was in the form of an additional add-on patcher, purchased at a reasonable price by existing AnyDVD customers, and the full program, at the full price, to new customers, but not knowing how complex programming actually is :D , if you really have to re-do the entire program, I guess I can understand a higher price tag.

just my 2-cents
feel free to smack me... :p 8)
Technically it is a different program which replaces AnyDVD on your computer. But you don't need to pay the full price, users of AnyDVD will get an attractive discount.

any idea how attractive?

make me an offer I can't refuse ;) :eek: :D

by the way- on a totally different note - I hope my profile picture isn't offensive - it's meant as a light hearted spoof.

Attachments

• SlySoftPIX.gif
    SlySoftPIX.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
that sounds reasonable, then, if purchased on Giancarlo Bettini's birthday, or Christmas, or New Years holiday, we get an additional $5.00 off :p :D ;)

This was when I got my key, during the Christmas discount, and OLD price before the New Years day price-hike.

Back