• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with AnyDVD and clone DVD

billybob07

I need some help!! I have been using AnyDVD and Clone DVD for some time now. I love how simple and quick the system is. My problem is that all of a sudden, I can not burn dvds any longer. Most of them quit about half way through burning. I get the "Oh No" error message and have to start over. Another problem is that if I am able to copy a dvd, it will not work in any of my dvd players (I have three dvd players in my house). I thought it might be the blank dvds that I purchased, they were a no name brand, so I went out and bought some Sony blank dvds, but I still have the same problem.

I tried to update my dvd driver, but could not find an update for it. I clicked on the Anydvd fox in my tool bar, and got this for my driver: TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H552L 0614 0922M. I am not very good with "computer lingo", so please try to keep your answers as simple as possible. Thanks

1. Use Taiyo Yuden (Premium) or Verbatim (not made in India)

2. Ensure you're using the latest beta of Anydvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8947

3. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

I hope this is what you wanted. I followed your instructions.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_TRANSFORMERS_VANILLA.zip
    61.2 KB · Views: 7
Use Taiyo Yuden (Premium) or Verbatim (not made in India)

Hi @Webslinger

Please, give me more information!:eek:

+ or -
What's (Premium)?

Please provide details.

Thanks

Sorry, @billybob07

I'd recommend using, if your burner supports bitsetting changes (to "dvd-rom" booktype), +R blank media.

Taiyo Yuden Premium is held to higher standards than the Taiyo Yuden Valueline. Valueline tends to be worse (and cheaper). Also, Taiyo Yuden Premium tends to only be sold as "dvd-r". I don't believe there are any Taiyo Yuden Premium dvd+r. I just say Premium in case someone comes across Taiyo Yuden Valueline.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=8976

Thanks from Germany:clap:

Last edited:
Didinho,
Did you need info from me, or are you wondering what Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are. I have never heard of either one. I just want to be able to back up my dvds. I hate letting someone borrow a dvd only to get it back covered in scratches!!

Please, give me more information!:eek:

+ or -
What's (Premium)?

I'd recommend using, if your burner supports bitsetting changes (to "dvd-rom" booktype), +R blank media.

Taiyo Yuden Premium is held to higher standards than the Taiyo Yuden Valueline. Valueline tends to be worse (and cheaper). Also, Taiyo Yuden Premium tends to only be sold as "dvd-r". I don't believe there are any Taiyo Yuden Premium dvd+r. I just say Premium in case someone comes across Taiyo Yuden Valueline.

Also to Verbatim

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=8976

I just tried to copy Transformers again. Clonedvd made a complete copy, but the copy will not play in my dvd player. Transformers is not the only movie this happens with. This has happened on the last several dvds I have tried to back up. It does this on my old dvds as well as the new ones!!

I hope this is what you wanted. I followed your instructions.

Thanks.

AFS2K (system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys), Version: 3.1.20.0 (3.1.20.0)
Company: Oak Technology Inc.
Product: AFS
Copyright: Copyright (C) Oak Technology Inc.
Description: Audio File System
FileVersion: 3.1.20.1064
ProductVersion: 3.1.20.7(1064)
PrivateBuild: 3.1.20.7(1064)
SpecialBuild: Windows 2000/XP free build.

James hates this filter. It's a cD-Rom Driver by OAK Software and HP Memories Disc. A lot of HP software installs it. It's best to uninstall the software that installed this filter.

If you can't figure out how to, then do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "AFS2K". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Last edited:
I just tried to copy Transformers again. Clonedvd made a complete copy, but the copy will not play in my dvd player. Transformers is not the only movie this happens with. This has happened on the last several dvds I have tried to back up. It does this on my old dvds as well as the new ones!!

Does the backup play in your computer?

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer that means Clonedvd worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality (regular Maxell sucks by the way), then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player that can't play the disc is slowly dying.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

Also, check the preview screen in Clonedvd to ensure you're backing up the proper title.

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

I am currently using Sony DVD+R blank media. I was using Staples brand dvd+R blanks with no problems, then I purchased some Dynex dvd+R that were on sale at Best Buy. The Dynex worked pretty good, but towards the bottom of the spindle I started having the problems I said above. I then went out and purchased the Sony dvd+R. They worked great for the first few dvds I backed up, but now I am having the same problems as I did when I used the Dynex blanks.

I am currently using Sony DVD+R blank media. I was using Staples brand dvd+R blanks with no problems, then I purchased some Dynex dvd+R that were on sale at Best Buy. The Dynex worked pretty good, but towards the bottom of the spindle I started having the problems I said above. I then went out and purchased the Sony dvd+R. They worked great for the first few dvds I backed up, but now I am having the same problems as I did when I used the Dynex blanks.

1. Change the booktype to dvd-rom

2. Switch to better quality blank media

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-dvd-plus-r-media.html (use if your burner supports bitsetting changes)

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media.html
(use if your burner doesn't support bitsetting changes)

3. Update your burner's firmware if possible

4. It's possible your burner is slowly dying

Most of these points were covered in an earlier point in thread. Start clicking links and reading.

I just did the nero speed test. Speed was 12.20x, Quality score of 93, PI errors: 4.37 average, 32 max, and 78344 total. PI failures: 0.01 average, 3 max, and 1694 total.

I also did the "scandisc" test, and 100% good.

I don't really know what all this means, but it sounds good to me. The Taiyo Yuden discs only had a quality score of 91 according to www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media.hotmail.

I just did the nero speed test. Speed was 12.20x, Quality score of 93, PI errors: 4.37 average, 32 max, and 78344 total. PI failures: 0.01 average, 3 max, and 1694 total.

Results differ depending on the drive used, and some drives are pretty useless for pi/po testing (not accurate).

I also did the "scandisc" test, and 100% good.

If it plays on your computer but not on your dvd player, the the problem is a compatibility issue between your blank media and your dvd player.

The Taiyo Yuden discs only had a quality score of 91 according to www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media.hotmail.

Different drive doing the test . . .

Frankly, Taiyo Yuden walks all over the junk you've been using in the past.

But suit yourself

No known issue exists for the issue you're having with the current beta of Anydvd (6.1.9.2). There was an issue with older betas. (and 6.1.8.4).

Last edited:
Back