• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disable Virtual CloneDrive

Tom_Slycke

Can I disable Virtual CloneDrive for a period of time without uninstalling it?

I have a game which will not run if it detects a VCD is present. ( NeverWinter Nights)

You sure can. Just right click on my computer and click on manage. Locate and click on device manager. Find DVD/CD drives and it will be listed as a SCSI drive. Highlight SCSI and right click. At this point you can disable. Problem solved:D

Last edited:
It may be even simpler: In Virtual CloneDrive settings, set the number of drives to 0. Don't know if this works for NeverWinter Nights, but certainly worth a try.

Thanks!!! Though I have not tried them yet, they are both great solutions!! Turns out however, I patched the software and it no longer flags the presence of the VBD drive as an error.

Emulation Drive Detection Blocks

Thanks!!! Though I have not tried them yet, they are both great solutions!! Turns out however, I patched the software and it no longer flags the presence of the VBD drive as an error.

Same problem, but been unable to resolve - after trying disabling the SCSI drives, then trying Y.A.S.U., even after going in via safe mode to remove SCSI drives & removing all traces I could find in the registry of same in HKEY Hardware, etc., I still can't run most of my 100+ games that I have on their original CDROMS: all of COD, Lego Star Wars I & II, B&W2, Most of the Harry Potter and other EA games, etc., etc.

It appears the only choice I have left is to completely wipe my Hard Drive and start over..... has anyone else out there experienced something the same and found a happier way back?

Back