• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Code didn't break

Dee_ni_al

I have tried to copy El Cantante using Any DVD 6.1.8.4 on two different computers both times it said original smaller than 4.75g do you want to use complete disc, which I clicked yes and a warning pop-ed up saying file to big for 4.75g, then I tried to copy complete disc and only 1500mb came through, then I tried copy to dvd se and it said there was over 10g...something is wrong when I clicked on the status link i saw this ...

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
MEMOREX DVD+-RAM 525G V1 G.01 06/11/10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2049312 sectors (4002 MBytes)
Total size: 4046168 sectors (7902 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: EL_CANTANTE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I don't get to visit this board very often so if you have a possible solution please email me directly

Post the Anydvd zip file to the forums

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your "My Documents" folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

I had already done the first part just didn't find the log this time I did, I followed directions so it should be there

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_EL_CANTANTE.zip
    141.8 KB · Views: 4
Issue # 1 - Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Turn off anydvd and put in a commercial dvd and set your drive region, then you can re-enable anydvd.

Issue # 2 -

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
cdralw2k (system32\drivers\cdralw2k.sys), Version 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)
Company: Roxio, Product: DirectCD

pwd_2k (system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys), Version 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)

CDROM Class LowerFilters:
PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version 2.3.27.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions, Product: PxHelp20

AFS2K (system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys), Version 3.1.20.0 (3.1.20.0)
Company: Oak Technology Inc., Product: AFS

ANYDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version 6.1.8.4 (6.1.8.4)
Company: SlySoft, Inc., Product: AnyDVD

CDR4_XP (system32\drivers\CDR4_XP.sys), Version 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)

Get rid of directCD.

more confused

I went into device manager and changed drive to region 1, it already said region 1 in the anydvd settings window it is set in 1, I deleted the previous log(then restored when new one didn't appear and reclicked on logging I then rebooted and tried to copy again with same results. then I got an error message I have attached that this time, well it seems to big, as it is a screen shot of the error message in word.
the info given still says drive region 0 not set but it has been changed before reboot and the again verified.. it isn't reading region correctly
I use direct cd how does a cd item effeft a dvd process or is it that you just don't like direct cd?

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 10
You'll have to wait on someone then I am not experianced in One Click.

I use direct cd how does a cd item effeft a dvd process or is it that you just don't like direct cd?

It was designed by the Devil himself. But besides that fact, it has a tendency to cause conflicts with AnyDVD.

Issue # 1 - Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
cdralw2k (system32\drivers\cdralw2k.sys), Version 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)

pwd_2k (system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys), Version 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)

CDR4_XP (system32\drivers\CDR4_XP.sys), Version 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)

BAD BAD BAD! Get rid of this packet writing software junk! If you want drag-and-drop functionality use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.
Those three filters have got to go!

If you can't figure out how to remove (or uninstall these programs) these filters, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "pwd_2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter" Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Dee_ni_al said:
both times it said original smaller than 4.75g do you want to use complete disc

What gave you that error message? Shrink? Use Anydvd ripper. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk" if you're using Shrink or Nero Recode. Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into either Shrink or Recode.

But that Directcd packet writing nonsense needs to go.

I have had direct cd way before anydvd and I have only had one problem decoding and that was saw 3 previously..I don't understand why it shows the region as not set on the drive when it is...when I clicked on explore on the dvd drive with that disc in it, it showed 10 items above and beyond the normal audio and the video files.
What about >Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!< ?
2 weeks back I repartioned and formatted my harddrives and reinstalled the OS, then all my programs, could I have a corrupt version of any dvd?
I have copied 7 or 8 movies with no problems till this little pain in the butt.
I have tried to get my latest screen shot small enough to upload with no luck

I have had direct cd way

How unfortunate. Packet writing software is mostly garbage and unstable. Uninstall it.

I don't understand why it shows the region as not set on the drive when it is...

It's not. You need to exit Anydvd before you check.

What about >Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!

That message will be more common, and it doesn't really indicate anything other than the .bup file location does not correspond with the pointers in the .ifo files. This is fairly common now.

I have used image burn as suggested and set filters for the 3 targets and I clicked ok and it said no media in drive then I rebooted and I found that direct cd was still there, what gives on this one??

this is the latest log with a different dvd, I gave the other to a friend to see if he could accomplish what I couldn't

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_FOUR_FLICKS_DOCUMENTARY.zip
    72.5 KB · Views: 2
I have used image burn as suggested and set filters

You mean you removed them right?

I found that direct cd was still there, what gives on this one??

The filters are still there? :confused:

They aren't according to your log. I would uninstall directcd. Currently, it won't work properly since the filters are gone anyway. You may still have the program installed, but it won't work properly because the filters are removed. So, simply uninstall directcd.

Also, that musicmatch filter has been known to cause problems sometimes with Clonedvd, but I'm not positive about Anydvd. You may want to try uninstalling musicmatch and ensuring that filter is no longer present as well (MxlW2k).

Last edited:
cprx is disabled in 1-click could that have been the problem.

Back