• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Some Options Disabled in USA and Japan!?

Ok got a response from Slysoft Support today.

Hi,

The help file is outdated. The options are not disabled.

Best regards,

John Smith
Customer Support

If these features are not working for you I would uninstall reboot defrag the HD and reboot again. As for my case I restored my machine from a system backup and installed CloneCD again and all is well.
Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Hi, Whisperer,

CAREFULLY read the documentation of CloneCD. It says that

the profile "Protected PC Game,"
the option "Amplify Weak Sectors, and
the option "Hide CDR Media"

are disabled in USA and Japan.

Since the old CCD4RegKill program does not work with CloneCD 5.x, it is necessary to find a new method to unlock these options--or, better, SlySoft changes it double-standard policy (see my remarks about AnyDVD above) and opens these features for everybody.

Many greetings,

A Friend
Nothing is disabled in CloneCD5. Where in the documentation is this mentioned?

CloneCD 5

It is mentioned in the Help file. In the CloneCD 5 Profiles Window section under the Protected PC Game it says: optimised for the creation of Safety Backups of protected PC Games. This profile is disabled in the United States and Japan.

Farther down at the end of the Help file it says: Use "Emulate weak sectors", if you don't know if your CD writer supports correct EFM encoding. This feature works with any SAO or DAO CD writer. To use an "emulated" backup, you need an installed CloneCD with "Hide CDR Media" enabled.

Don't forget: With the "Default" Button you can come back to the standard setting at any time.

The options "Amplify weak sectors" and "Emulate weak sectors" are disabled in the United States and Japan.

I live in the US and it was not disabled for me, so I assumed this was an old help file and that part did not apply any longer. Everyone in the thread said the verbiage was in there but they did not ever say it actually was disabled for them.

I live in the US and it was not disabled for me, so I assumed this was an old help file and that part did not apply any longer. Everyone in the thread said the verbiage was in there but they did not ever say it actually was disabled for them.
Thanks. These passages must have sneaked into our product when we got the original documentation from Elaborate Bytes AG in Switzerland.
The documentation is in error, you can rest assured that nothing is disabled in SlySoft's CloneCD. :agree:

Whoa, come on people, look at this:

CloneCD comes with five (four in the United States and Japan) preset Profiles:

As you all can see the five profiles, it should be pretty obvious that the documentation is wrong.

Yes Sir, sounded to me that someone just had a gripe. No one said that theirs was actually disabled. The original one or two posters, even sounded like they might have had an earlier version than 5. I guess if you just look at the documentation and never try it, you won't know. Thanks for your products.

Whoa, come on people, look at this:

As you all can see the five profiles, it should be pretty obvious that the documentation is wrong.
My issue was that the Hide CDR Media feature was grey. After reading the Help File I saw the bit about these features being disabled in the US and Japan.
Thanks to the Slysoft crew for the input on this matter and keep up the good work.

Back