• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Create Dolby Vision Iso from a Profile8 BL+RPU MKV

DaveO88

Profil8 BL+RPU MKV are these hybrid MKVs in which the DV was made into the film and these can then only be played back on such Android players or as m2ts on the Oppo

Since this is rather unsatisfactory for the CloneOppo users due to their limitations, I came up with a way of making the whole thing back to an ISO. However, it must be said that it is unfortunately not possible or not that easy without components of the monkey head

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions to create a DolbyVision Iso from BL & RPU DoVi MKV

We need the DoVi Tool and DVDFab (Coverter and Creator) as well as TsMuxer

Demux DoVi MKV with DoVi Tool
Save HDRBL --> Yes
Save RPU --> Yes
Convert RPU --> Leave Untouchd
Crop RPU --> No

the BL and RPU are generated

load the generated BL.hevc into the TsMuxer and create a .m2ts

Open FabConverter and convert the BL.m2ts as MP4 HDR10 HEVC 1080p
(Here you can also go down with the bit rates. 10% of the video stream is sufficient because this stream acts as a carrier of the DolbyVision metadata, but the generated GB will come to an end on the medium. Example film has 20GB + 5GB metadata = 25GB total film file)

Fab UHD Creator output the BL as UHD once so that the Level@5.1 is restored if the original file does not correspond to it (often only L@5.0)

when both files are created the 1080p track will be moved to the RPU
open DoVi Tool and drag the 1080p to the DDVT_INJECTOR script
when everything is read
1. Leave as specified
2. Leave as specified
4. Mux Stream to MKV/MP4 ---> to NO
6. Leave as specified

a folder is created with the BL+RPU.hevc

Open TsMuxer
Add the 2160p HDR L@5.1
Add the BL+RPU.hevc
and for audio and UT
Add original MKV
remove the video stream from the MKV so that only audio SRT/PGS remains

Output ISO --> mux

complete

enjoy

Thank you for these instructions! When you talk about "DoVi Tool" do you mean quietvoid's command line dovi_tool or is there some kind of GUI / batch file?

Because I don't really understand the numbers (1, 2, 4, 6) that you mention.

Thanks, I tried this on an MKV rip of Eternals (2021) and it seems to work great.

Question: Is it OK to use the NVidia CUDA cores for the HEVC encoding or should I disable them?

One more question :) How important is the bitrate of the 1080p carrier stream? Can it be lower than 10% or will that hurt the quality at some point?

yes, it can also be below 10%, you can also take the minimum that is possible in the settings, it has no effect on the quality

This really cool. Thank you! I have been looking for this solution forever! (Single stream back to dual stream)
does it retain HDR10 fallback? And does the DV look any better IF you made the 1080p layer bigger than 10%?

yes, HDR is of course preserved because the HDR is included in the 2160p stream.
No. The DV is not better, the metadata is preserved and does not change due to the increase in bit rate, it only makes the result bigger

Profil8 BL+RPU MKV are these hybrid MKVs in which the DV was made into the film and these can then only be played back on such Android players or as m2ts on the Oppo

Since this is rather unsatisfactory for the CloneOppo users due to their limitations, I came up with a way of making the whole thing back to an ISO. However, it must be said that it is unfortunately not possible or not that easy without components of the monkey head

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions to create a DolbyVision Iso from BL & RPU DoVi MKV

We need the DoVi Tool and DVDFab (Coverter and Creator) as well as TsMuxer

Demux DoVi MKV with DoVi Tool
Save HDRBL --> Yes
Save RPU --> Yes
Convert RPU --> Leave Untouchd
Crop RPU --> No

the BL and RPU are generated

load the generated BL.hevc into the TsMuxer and create a .m2ts

Open FabConverter and convert the BL.m2ts as MP4 HDR10 HEVC 1080p
(Here you can also go down with the bit rates. 10% of the video stream is sufficient because this stream acts as a carrier of the DolbyVision metadata, but the generated GB will come to an end on the medium. Example film has 20GB + 5GB metadata = 25GB total film file)

Fab UHD Creator output the BL as UHD once so that the Level@5.1 is restored if the original file does not correspond to it (often only L@5.0)

when both files are created the 1080p track will be moved to the RPU
open DoVi Tool and drag the 1080p to the DDVT_INJECTOR script
when everything is read
1. Leave as specified
2. Leave as specified
4. Mux Stream to MKV/MP4 ---> to NO
6. Leave as specified

a folder is created with the BL+RPU.hevc

Open TsMuxer
Add the 2160p HDR L@5.1
Add the BL+RPU.hevc
and for audio and UT
Add original MKV
remove the video stream from the MKV so that only audio SRT/PGS remains

Output ISO --> mux

complete

enjoy
Sorry, but I don't understand the step 'Fab UHD Creator output the BL as UHD once so that the Level@5.1 is restored if the original file does not correspond to it (often only L@5.0)' What BL are you referring to? the BL.mp4? the BL.m2ts? Can you help me please?

I'm doing this steps.

Step 1. Demux the mkv with DDVT_DEMUXER -> OK
Step 2. Load the BL.hevc in tsmuxer and create a BL.m2ts -> OK
Step 3. Open FabConverter and convert the BL.m2ts to MP$ HDR10 HEVC 1080p
Not sure if I'm choosing the correct profile:
1684666561065.png
Then, in the next step, I am completely lost:
Fab UHD Creator outputs the BL (What BL? the mp4, m2ts, the hevc) as UHD once, so that the Level@5.1 is restored if the original file does not correspond to it (often only L@5.0).
Do I need to create a bluray sctructure in this step? The output should be passthrought?

1684667182736.png
1684667207981.png

Maximum BD 66, no BD 100 because passthrough only passes through and is not converted from @5.0 to @5.1!!!

I am trying to convert a recently downloaded WEB-DL movie. When I tried to play it, the black bars were gone and the picture was stretched.

According to mediainfo the video resolution is 3828x1592 and the AR is 2.40:1.

However, in tsMuxer I cannot choose 2.40:1, but only 2.21:1 as the AR. Is there a way to fix this?

yes, HDR is of course preserved because the HDR is included in the 2160p stream.
No. The DV is not better, the metadata is preserved and does not change due to the increase in bit rate, it only makes the result bigger
This really is fantastic. Thank you so much for this! (I can even just use the BL for making just an HDR10 Iso!)

QUESTION:
Do you have any method for making an ISO out of DV Profile 5?
(Would I need an identical HDR10 version?)

thanks again! You are a genius!

*that visual guide is great- but unlike the final pic shown, when I look at the disc stats in BDinfo- the DV info line below HDR10 line says DolbyVision/bt.2020, but does not say its MEL or FEL. Is it supposed to?

Last edited:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I use a DV profile 5 to add into a m2ts, from DDVT I got the RPU.bin but I don't know how to mux it in tsmuxer

1685087558421.png

QUESTION:
Yes, you can get the RPU from the DV5 MKV, but you need an identical other movie file from which you can then create the BL layer in order to process it further with the RPU to the EL layer. But both output files must be absolutely identical. Same length, FPS as well as cut.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but how can I use a DV profile 5 to add into a m2ts, from DDVT I got the RPU.bin but I don't know how to mux it in tsmuxer
That is not possible. It is not possible to process a DV5 MKV on its own, as it cannot be disassembled.

Last edited:
This really is fantastic. Thank you so much for this! (I can even just use the BL for making just an HDR10 Iso!)

QUESTION:

thanks again! You are a genius!

*that visual guide is great- but unlike the final pic shown, when I look at the disc stats in BDinfo- the DV info line below HDR10 line says DolbyVision/bt.2020, but does not say its MEL or FEL. Is it supposed to?
The monkey head also has a BDinfo under Launchpad, if you use this you will see the information

Back