• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.6 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6186.exe

6.1.8.6 2007 10 24
- New (HD DVD): Added new option to automatically rename the XPL file
with the highest number. This option is very helpful, as it allows
PowerDVD Ultra to play back new HD DVD discs from Universal.
- Fix (DVD): On some discs, CSS decryption did not work properly,
causing a PS18 error in CloneDVD / AnyDVD ripper
- Fix (DVD): "IFOFormat 0" error on some new copy protected discs
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

well that was weird. I had a dream last night that you guys released another version. Except it appeared in the little tooltip.

Thanks for the release! :clap:

well that was weird. I had a dream last night that you guys released another version. Except it appeared in the little tooltip.

Thanks for the release! :clap:

You'll have to work a little of your precognition. ;)

And... the beta resolves the problem with Blades of Glory. I really don't get the whole "I want to go back to AnyDVD 6.1.7.4" mentality. Hopefully this will help reduce the tendency of people wanting to do that.

Keep up the great work, James! :bowdown:

I have this title and will give it a go tomorrow and see if mine backs up. I feel it will though.

i backed up meet the robinsons using anydvd 6.1.7.4 with no problems.

... I really don't get the whole "I want to go back to AnyDVD 6.1.7.4" mentality. Hopefully this will help reduce the tendency of people wanting to do that. ...
I agree, ... just take real good care of your original until Slysoft comes up with a fix which is usually a couple of days. I always felt that the "I want to go back to AnyDVD (any past version)... please, please help ... where can I get a past version..." mentality is motivated my a compulsion to get their movies back to ntfx, bb, or hv as fast as possible so they can commit their next copying act !!!

I agree, ... just take real good care of your original until Slysoft comes up with a fix which is usually a couple of days. I always felt that the "I want to go back to AnyDVD (any past version)... please, please help ... where can I get a past version..." mentality is motivated my a compulsion to get their movies back to ntfx, bb, or hv as fast as possible so they can commit their next copying act !!!

In many cases I fully agree with what you just said which saddens me. I simply cannot condone people copying rentals. It's not just illegal... it's moronic. At the very least rent the movie and watch it when it's released and wait a bit and then either buy it cheaper or buy it used. I pick up some movies for 3 USD that are used but in beautiful condition.

Sometimes I get annoyed at [certain] people who freak out when Slysoft doesn't post a release within say 5-7 days of a disc that can't be copied. I wonder why that's a magical number... Oh, yeah... due dates. Blades of Glory [v6.1.7.1] and Blade - House of Chthon [v6.1.8.4] are perfect examples. For different reasons both of those took some time for an update to be released and some people went into conniptions. I'd rather wait and make a backup later than get an update really quick that James doesn't feel is up to Slysoft's standards. That said, bugs are a fact of life and they can and will crop up here and there. It's unfortunate but that's how it goes.

There are other people that just don't care to understand the whole A.I. Scanner aspect while to others it's like trying to understand Latin when they don't know the language. So, they just throw up their hands and say, "I don't understand this and it isn't working. I just want to do it the old way!" On one hand I get it but on the other I do not. I wish those people would post logs w/o it having to be requested and I wish they'd scan their discs for errors. I'm amazed at how many people don't even do those two things when asked to do so by the people trying to help them.

I also, personally, think trying to support both old versions with people saying it won't copy a newer movie and a newer version with people saying it won't copy a movie an older version copied just leads to headaches for anyone trying to actually help.

I guess this came out as a rant but it wasn't really intended to be. :doh:

Anyway, so far AnyDVD 6.1.8.6 is working perfectly for me but I also don't have Meet the Robinsons.

Last edited:
I agree, ... just take real good care of your original until Slysoft comes up with a fix which is usually a couple of days.
The fix should be - use 6.1.8.6 and turn the AI scanner off. This isn't really hard, so where is the problem?
There is no reason to revert to an earlier version.

James just FYI, 6.1.8.6 seems to have finally cured the crypt32 root certificate issues in XP. WOOT!!!

This is the issue I mentioned for 6.1.7.4 and continued into 6.1.8.4. I just tested it on one of my non-internet machines and it didn't cause any screaming or false alarms. :D

-W

6.1.7.4 and 6.1.8.4 were causing Windows XP to try to phone home to Mickysoft for updated Root Certificates. This was causing some security alarms with over-zealous security software.

-W

Back