• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Meet the Robinsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use the AnyDVD ripper if Shrink fails to be able to "open disk" with AnyDVD enabled - rare cases. The main reason is that it takes longer to rip the whole disk with the AnyDVD ripper, and then rip the main movie outta that rip with Shrink.

Back in the Saw3 days.. the AnyDVD ripper was supposed to be a "last resort" and I sill kinda follow that mentality.

All that said... this is the 1st title that *appeared* to go fine with AnyDVD and Shrink and then show a glitch upon viewing. Had I not checked here - I never would have known - and I probably would have chalked the hiccup (when viewing the rip) to a read or burn error.

-W

All that said... this is the 1st title that *appeared* to go fine with AnyDVD and Shrink and then show a glitch upon viewing. Had I not checked here - I never would have known - and I probably would have chalked the hiccup (when viewing the rip) to a read or burn error.

-W

There are a number of movies/discs where the A.I. scanner or new features seem to be causing problems. I'm trying to keep track of them in this thread: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8620 (I will try to keep that thread updated)

Am I the only one seeing this problem!

I just reripped with 6.1.8.4 and AI off as we are being told to do for another problem. I ripped with the AnyDVD ripper this time as opposed to DD. The results were the exact same.

The movie is interlaced with scenes of mutliple languages (written, NOT spoken). The opening title is a perfect example. First it says "Meet the Robinsons" in English, then Spanish, then French.

Other scenes with a clipboard. First it's in English, then its repeated in Spanish, then French (same clipboard).

This thing is still messed up big time.

I just reripped with 6.1.8.4 and AI off as we are being told to do for another problem. I ripped with the AnyDVD ripper this time as opposed to DD. The results were the exact same.

The movie is interlaced with scenes of mutliple languages (written, NOT spoken). The opening title is a perfect example. First it says "Meet the Robinsons" in English, then Spanish, then French.

Other scenes with a clipboard. First it's in English, then its repeated in Spanish, then French (same clipboard).

This thing is still messed up big time.

Try the 6.1.8.6 beta...

Using 6.1.7.4 for Meet The Robinsons

I used 6.1.7.4 and it worked perfectly. No more glitch at the 16th chapter. I'm using CloneDVD and AnyDVD and they work great together.

6.1.8.4+Nero is perfect with AnyDVD at the default settings.

You're doing something wrong then. Are you sure you're not using an older rip from another process?

You're the only person reporting this.

Post your log file:

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

OK, feeling sorta like Homer Simpson here.... Doh!

This movie backed up just fine fine with 6.1.7.4 and 6.1.8.4

The problem that was tricking me up and making me think things were all messed up in the back up was my unwavering use of Shrink to check all backups. I ALWAYS run the backup disc back through the scanner in Shrink to check the burn. If it hangs crashes or stutters on the scan you know something is wrong with the burn.

This movies utilizes multiple angles which if viewed through the video player in Shrink looks like you have a pretty messed up disc.

If you play back the backup through PowerDVD or a "real" DVD player it works just fine.

My bad. :bowdown:

Well, you were right.
1. With AI Scanner enabled (default), playing the ripped file from HDD at scene 15 to 16 transition jumped back to the main menu.
2. There are 29 scenes in the movie, so I would guess that the transition is at the midpoint for the layer break, but I don't know how to confirm that (it occurs at 1hour 02 minutes, the movie is 1hour 35 minutes plus extras).

I posted earlier the AnyDVD status report incorrectly (the first one was actually for the mounted image :eek: - this is the actual original disk report with scanner enabled:
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1968512 sectors (3844 MBytes)
Total size: 3933163 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MEET_THE_ROBINSONS_US
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!

Do you want me to do anything else?

Did you post an AnyDVD (.zip) log with the AI scanner enabled?

Meet The Robinsons (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 & CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2)

has any one done this movie with AnyDvd 6184 and clonedvd 2912 yet and played it through

Yes. I have. This is the result:

I was attempting to make a backup to two single-layer DVD+R. Everything copies and plays correctly except for Chapter 16 of the movie. (For me it was Chapter 16, beginning with Chapter 1; I have seen other people say Chapter 15 ... did they begin with Chapter 0?)

When Chapter 16 is preceded by Chapter 15, the player is unable to make the transition from C15 to C16: on WinDVD5 on my computer, the movie terminates (or perhaps returns to the beginning) at the end of C15 (it will not play C16); on my DVD player device, the movie freezes at the end of C15, trying but unable to make the transition to C16.

When Chapter 16 is the first chapter of the movie (with content) on the DVD: on WinDVD5 on my computer, the movie will play successfully with the loss of a very small amount of content at the beginning of the chapter (and it will make a successful transition from C16 to C17); on my DVD player device, the device is unable to play C16 successfully (it skips and stalls continuously; normal play commences at the beginning of C17).

When using CloneDVD2, Chapter 16 is the last Chapter that will fit on a single layer DVD+R, so it must be right about at the layer boundary on a dual-layer disk.

Everything else on the backup of the DVD seems to work correctly.

Yes. I have. This is the result:

I was attempting to make a backup to two single-layer DVD+R. Everything copies and plays correctly except for Chapter 16 of the movie. (For me it was Chapter 16, beginning with Chapter 1; I have seen other people say Chapter 15 ... did they begin with Chapter 0?)

When Chapter 16 is preceded by Chapter 15, the player is unable to make the transition from C15 to C16: on WinDVD5 on my computer, the movie terminates (or perhaps returns to the beginning) at the end of C15 (it will not play C16); on my DVD player device, the movie freezes at the end of C15, trying but unable to make the transition to C16.

When Chapter 16 is the first chapter of the movie (with content) on the DVD: on WinDVD5 on my computer, the movie will play successfully with the loss of a very small amount of content at the beginning of the chapter (and it will make a successful transition from C16 to C17); on my DVD player device, the device is unable to play C16 successfully (it skips and stalls continuously; normal play commences at the beginning of C17).

When using CloneDVD2, Chapter 16 is the last Chapter that will fit on a single layer DVD+R, so it must be right about at the layer boundary on a dual-layer disk.

Everything else on the backup of the DVD seems to work correctly.

Disable the AI scanner.

What is A.I. Scanner?

Did you post an AnyDVD (.zip) log with the AI scanner enabled?

I have seen several references to A.I. Scanner. Sorry to be dumb, but what is it? How do I access it and how do I enable or disable it?

Thanks!

I have seen several references to A.I. Scanner. Sorry to be dumb, but what is it? How do I access it and how do I enable or disable it?

Thanks!

click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to Video DVD-->Settings-->AI Scanner. Select "disabled" from the drop-down box.

Thanks for helping the blind!

click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to Video DVD-->Settings-->AI Scanner. Select "disabled" from the drop-down box.

I must have looked right thru that! I was searching and searching and never saw the heading that said "AI Scanner". I'm either dumb or blind or both.

Thanks!!

How does one get a copy of AnyDVD 6.1.7.4 ? I have several old versions of AnyDVD in my archive, but not that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back