• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New User; Can't Rip w/ AnyDVD

brettmoran

Trying to rip "Wild Hogs" (for someone else). Getting:
FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 17475584 114688
-------------------------------------------------------------
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.4)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S HS0E 2006/07/11 21:45
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1499536 sectors (2928 MBytes)
Total size: 2984261 sectors (5828 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WHG0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, chances are the original disc is bad and needs to be replaced.

update

Downloaded a trial version of DVDFabGold and ripped it fine.
Still would like to get AnyDVD to work though.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_WHG0NNW1.zip
    75.1 KB · Views: 4

So scan the disc with Nero CD-DVD Speed as Webslinger asked you to do yesterday. If the disc itself has bad sectors then there's a problem with the disc and not AnyDVD. If it is flawed return the disc to where you purchased it and request a replacement disc that isn't flawed. Some rippers ignore read errors while AnyDVD & CloneDVD do not.

When you purchase a retail disc and wish to make a backup the original should be w/o flaws to begin with. If you use a program that copies a flawed original by skipping read errors then the backup will never be "perfect".

From your AnyDVD_log.txt:

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
pwd_2k (system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys), Version 5.2.0.91 (5.2.0.91)
Company: Roxio, Product: DirectCD

cdralw2k (system32\drivers\cdralw2k.sys), Version 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions, Product: Drag-to-Disc

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)

These can cause problems. Personally, I would uninstall DirectCD and/or whatever software that installed the other 2 Drag-to-Disc filters.

Last edited:

I don't see any reason why AnyDVD wouldn't work with this disc.
You can try to uncheck Title 1 within CloneDVD.

These can cause problems. Personally, I would uninstall DirectCD and/or whatever software that installed the other 2 Drag-to-Disc filters.

Yeah, that junk has got to go.

Also, dvdfab can skip over read errors, which produces an imperfect backup.

Secondly, I would also try Anydvd 6.1.8.6 beta.

Last edited:
here ya go

Well is there a way to turn off this checking?

Attachments

• LITE-ON_DVDRW_SHM-165H6S_HS0E.zip
    832 bytes · Views: 4
@ brettmoran,

Two experienced knowledgeable informed Forum Members have informed you in posting #2 and #4 that if Nero CDDVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan reports errors that the original Commercial DVD Movie disc is bad and needs to be replaced.

Regards,
Coaster

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
pwd_2k (system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys), Version 5.2.0.91 (5.2.0.91)
Company: Roxio, Product: DirectCD

cdralw2k (system32\drivers\cdralw2k.sys), Version 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)

1. These filters need to go

a) Uninstall Drag to disc and Directcd. If you want that functionality use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

If you can't figure out how to remove (or uninstall these programs) these filters, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "pwd_2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter" Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, chances are the original disc is bad and needs to be replaced.

3. If dvdfab is ripping a damaged disc, then you have an imperfect backup. Period. It's replacing the unreadable cells with junk/noise basically. You may notice the difference, but if it's just a few cells you probably won't.

Last edited:
wow

Are all 'Senior Member' posters xxxxxx like Coaster?
Thanks Webslinger; I'll try that.

@ brettmoran,

Two experienced knowledgeable informed Forum Members have informed you in posting #2 and #4 that if Nero CDDVD Speed ScanDisc surface scan reports errors that the original Commercial DVD Movie disc is bad and needs to be replaced.

Regards,
Coaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all 'Senior Member' posters xxxxxxx like Coaster?

Well, Coaster was trying to help you and both Webslinger and I had asked you to scan the disc which you still haven't done. Your response to that is to insult Coaster?

Please remember the forum rules posted here, as well.

General Rules:

* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

You are asking for help and people are trying to help you.

Edit: Duh. Sorry, I forgot to edit my own post, SlyFox 1. :doh:

Last edited:
Are all 'Senior Member' posters xxxxxx like Coaster?
I am going to delete what you said. We try to stay civil here on this forum if you dont comply, you will not be welcome here. Consider this a warning.:policeman:

Last edited:
Back