• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Meet the Robinsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there is no difference at all. Not even any audio hesitation. The scene transition is completely smooth.

Thank you

Doesn't look like an AnyDVD problem to me.

It's an Anydvd ripper bug when the A.I. scanner is enabled. This would also explain the problem with Clonedvd and Shrink. Anydvd ripper output should be the same as a full disc, non-compressed rip with Clonedvd. And Clams Canino would have used Anydvd ripper with the AI scanner enabled, and then he imported that rip into Shrink.

Last edited:
Thank you
It's an Anydvd ripper bug when the A.I. scanner is enabled. This would also explain Clonedvd and Shrink. Anydvd ripper output should be the same as a full disc, non-compressed rip with Clonedvd.
I just checked my CloneDVD backup and it plays fine through these scenes also (created with AI Scanner on). :confused: Would you like me to try anything else?

Last edited:
I just checked my CloneDVD backup and it plays fine through these scenes also (created with AI Scanner on). :confused: Would you like me to try anything else?

You just got through posting earlier that you created that backup with a decrypter .iso as the source. You need to use the original disc as the source--and not the .iso.

You just got through posting earlier that you created that backup with a decrypter .iso as the source. You need to use the original disc as the source--and not the .iso.
Oops - I forgot that :eek: I'll try directly from the original - this will take a while.

Oops - I forgot that :eek: I'll try directly from the original - this will take a while.

Please just try Anydvd ripper with the A.I. scanner enabled with the original disc.
(right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->chose "rip video dvd to harddisk")

Then try playing that rip (select the video_ts folder as the source).

Thank you

If (and I strongly expect this to be the case), Anydvd ripper with A.I. scanner enabled is the problem, then we know where the problem lies.

Last edited:
Please just try Anydvd ripper with the A.I. scanner enabled with the original disc.
(right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->chose "rip video dvd to harddisk")

Then try playing that rip (select the video_ts folder as the source).

Thank you
OK - trying that now

Last edited by a moderator:
Is chapter 15 about halfway through the disc? Right around where the layer break would be?
Well, you were right.
1. With AI Scanner enabled (default), playing the ripped file from HDD at scene 15 to 16 transition jumped back to the main menu.
2. There are 29 scenes in the movie, so I would guess that the transition is at the midpoint for the layer break, but I don't know how to confirm that (it occurs at 1hour 02 minutes, the movie is 1hour 35 minutes plus extras).

I posted earlier the AnyDVD status report incorrectly (the first one was actually for the mounted image :eek: - this is the actual original disk report with scanner enabled:
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1968512 sectors (3844 MBytes)
Total size: 3933163 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MEET_THE_ROBINSONS_US
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!

Do you want me to do anything else?

Last edited:
Well, you were right.
1. With AI Scanner enabled (default), playing the ripped file from HDD at scene 15 to 16 transition jumped back to the main menu.
2. There are 29 scenes in the movie, so I would guess that the transition is at the midpoint for the layer break, but I don't know how to confirm that (it occurs at 1hour 02 minutes, the movie is 1hour 35 minutes plus extras).

I posted earlier the AnyDVD status report incorrectly (the first one was actually for the mounted image :eek: - this is the actual original disk report with scanner enabled:
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1968512 sectors (3844 MBytes)
Total size: 3933163 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MEET_THE_ROBINSONS_US
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!

Do you want me to do anything else?

Thank you very much for the information. I don't have any other questions. James might. Thankfully, I don't work for Slysoft, so I don't have to fix this problem.

I don't know whether Anydvd ripper (with A.I. scanner enabled) is having a problem with the layer break or if it's something else.

But regardless,

1. Anydvd ripper + A.I. scanner = problem on this disc
2. A.I. scanner + Clonedvd = problem
3. Anyone importing the rip from Anydvd ripper with default settings will also experience problems

So, disable the A.I. scanner . . .

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information. I don't have any other questions. James might. Thankfully, I don't work for Slysoft, so I don't have to fix this problem.

I don't know whether Anydvd ripper (with A.I. scanner enabled) is having a problem with the layer break or if it's something else.
Just for info, if I try to go directly from the chapter selection menu to chapter 16 (HDD rip files) it goes straight to chapter 1. Same trying to go backwards from chapter 17 to 16.
Ironic that Decrypter backup works ok, is it not?

Last edited:
Just for info, if I try to go directly from the chapter selection menu to chapter 16 (HDD rip files) it goes straight to chapter 1. Same trying to go backwards from chapter 17 to 16.

Thank you for the info

Ironic that Decrypter backup works ok, is it not?

A little . . .

The thing is when Anydvd eventually gets all the bugs out, the ripper (with the A.I. scanner enabled) will remain a consistent method for ripping dvd-video files.

Decrypter already isn't a consistent method, regardless. It doesn't work with all discs that Anydvd can handle.

If you like Decrypter, that's fine. I just feel it's generally unnecessary, adds an extra step (wastes time) or, in some cases, won't work.

But please understand that I'm not flaming you . . .

Take care

Last edited:
If you like Decrypter, that's fine. I just feel it's generally unnecessary, adds an extra step (wastes time) or, in some cases, won't work.

But please understand that I'm not flaming you . . .

Take care
Understood. Goodnight from Montreal.

This problem may be resolved in 6.1.8.4 if you turn off the A.I. Scanner (try it for this disc only).

To do this, click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to Video DVD-->Settings-->AI Scanner. Select "disabled" from the drop-down box.

See if that makes a difference. You can test by watching the original disc in your computer with Anydvd running.

I actually experienced the same thing backing up Movie Only, but when I backed up the whole movie it seems to have worked. I have not played it on my DVD yet, but will today. I'm using the the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

FG

Last edited:
Disable the A.I. scanner with this disc and Anydvd 6.1.8.4. I firmly believe there's a bug with 6.1.8.4 and this disc when the scanner is enabled.

Agreed. I just found the problem to be more minimal than others had with other software cocktails is all.

-W

I actually experienced the same thing backing up Movie Only, but when I backed up the whole movie it seems to have worked.

It won't make a difference with Anydvd ripper. It's bugged with this movie when A.I. scanner is enabled.

It's an Anydvd ripper bug when the A.I. scanner is enabled. This would also explain the problem with Clonedvd and Shrink. Anydvd ripper output should be the same as a full disc, non-compressed rip with Clonedvd. And Clams Canino would have used Anydvd ripper with the AI scanner enabled, and then he imported that rip into Shrink.

Just to keep the record straight... I was totally unaware of any issues with this DVD until I checked here. I ripped the main movie only using Shrink as the ripper - with AnyDVD enabled and at its defaults.

After checking here - I went back to look at the rip at the reported "bug area" and found a slight glitch. Until I checked here... I thought I had a routine rip - nothing strange happened during the process.

-W

Just to keep the record straight... I was totally unaware of any issues with this DVD until I checked here. I ripped the main movie only using Shrink as the ripper - with AnyDVD enabled and at its defaults.

After checking here - I went back to look at the rip at the reported "bug area" and found a slight glitch. Until I checked here... I thought I had a routine rip - nothing strange happened during the process.

-W

Yeah, I was just explaining that drag and dropping files with explorer (and using decrypter) would produce different results than Anydvd ripper with this movie.

I was just letting you know that I did not use the AnyDVD ripper on this one (as you thought I did) and then import the rip into Shrink - I just ripped the DVD (main movie only) with Shrink like nothing was different.
I only resort to the AnyDVD ripper if I smell a Rattatouie :D

-W

I was just letting you know that I did not use the AnyDVD ripper on this one (as you thought I did) and then import the rip into Shrink - I just ripped the DVD (main movie only) with Shrink like nothing was different.

Oh, well, yeah, that won't work properly either with this disc (if it weren't for the bug, it might work; I'm not sure). I thought you typically used Anydvd ripper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back