• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved [1521 hulu] is the secret DD+ sauce a bit off?

0x0x0x0x0

Now that HEVC is back on seemingly AAC-only titles, is the secret sauce a bit off the mark for getting DD+ because it seems rather odd that a small subset of episodes (especially of recent series) have AAC only tracks? I mean it's not impossible, but likely? For example, of all The Good Doctor episodes (S1--S6), only three are "AAC-only":-

Code:
> gci -Filter *mp4|ForEach-Object -Parallel {"$(Split-Path -Leaf $_)|" + $(C:\mediainfo\MediaInfo.exe --Inform="Video;%CodecID%|%Format_Profile%|`nAudio;%CodecID%" $_) } -ThrottleLimit 12 -AsJob |Wait-Job|Receive-Job | ConvertFrom-String -Delimiter "\|" -PropertyNames FileName,VideoCodec,VideoProfile,AudioCodec|select -ExcludeProperty RunspaceId|Format-Table

Code:
FileName                                                     VideoCodec VideoProfile      AudioCodec
--------                                                     ---------- ------------      ----------
The Good Doctor_S04E01_Frontline Part 1.mp4                  hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E02_Frontline, Part 2.mp4                 hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E03_Newbies.mp4                           hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E04_Not the Same.mp4                      hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E05_Fault.mp4                             hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E06_Lim.mp4                               hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E07_The Uncertainty Principle.mp4         hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E08_Parenting.mp4                         hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E09_Irresponsible Salad Bar Practices.mp4 hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E10_Decrypt.mp4                           hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main mp4a-40-2
The Good Doctor_S04E11_We're All Crazy Sometimes.mp4         hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main mp4a-40-2
The Good Doctor_S04E12_Teeny Blue Eyes.mp4                   hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E13_Spilled Milk.mp4                      hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E14_Gender Reveal.mp4                     hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E15_Waiting.mp4                           hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E16_Dr. Ted.mp4                           hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E17_Letting Go.mp4                        hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E18_Forgive or Forget.mp4                 hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E19_Venga.mp4                             hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main ec-3
The Good Doctor_S04E20_Vamos.mp4                             hev1       Main 10@L4.1@Main mp4a-40-2

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.1-tgd4.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Yea, this does seem to happen on a few episodes of some of the shows I grabbed, as well. Only select episodes though.

I noticed this as well, few examples off hand are The great north S02E08 and S03E01. All others for that show are fine.

This seems to be a Hulu issue for sure, those 3 episodes are exactly as we downloaded them on Hulu. :(

I think your right, had a look elsewhere to check and it seems to support it being a HULU issue.

DeadPixel,

Yep, pulled down the same audio via alternative method from Hulu for me for those 3 episodes while others were 6ch dd+.

I've seen this before on some Hulu series - some episodes getting different audio.

I usually just convert it to 2 Chanel No 5 :))) DD+ since my system does 6 Chanel No 5 :))) emulation from 2 Chan DD+ input.

Mike

Not all's lost: titles that are shared between disney and hulu are of second-exact duration... I'm sure you peeps can figure out what to do (yey for tons of tokens!) ;)

on a (somewhat) related note - is it strange that the audio bit rate for Hulu DD+ 6 is 261 kbps (not for everything, but for much of what I can see)? What an odd bitrate... Maybe a HULU thing.

They're probably just using vbr packetizer mode (which is the default for Dolby software)

talking of secret sauce, surprised no one has mentioned the 4K upgrade to HULU :)
Yeah, we did, there is a lot of 4K on Hulu now, we talked about when we released it. Hope you enjoy it.

yep, seems to work really well. Does HULU not do HDR or DV like HBO? or is that just not supported?
Just 4K, not supported. But 4K is very cool, the picture and sound is awesome, especially since we only had 720p before.

yep, seems to work really well. Does HULU not do HDR or DV like HBO? or is that just not supported?
HULU does stream some content in HDR/DV, e.g. The Handmaids Tale is one. I do like that HBOMax HDR/DV is available and works very well!

The nice thing here is that so many TV shows that I like are only released on DVD now (who buys DVDs???) with the HD versions on streaming services only. Adding 1080p/4K support is welcome indeed :)

Back