• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Zoom: Academy for Superheroes not compatible with AnyDVD/Shrink

Zamphire

Just wanted to go ahead and give the heads up that Zoom: Academy For Superheroes (Release 02/13/07) also needs to be added to the Sticky at the top for not working with AnyDVD/Shrink, though it works perfectly with AnyDVD/CloneDVD2.

Just wanted to go ahead and give the heads up that Zoom: Academy For Superheroes (Release 02/13/07) also needs to be added to the Sticky at the top for not working with AnyDVD/Shrink, though it works perfectly with AnyDVD/CloneDVD2.

HOW MUCH MORE BLOOD!! HOW MANY MORE LIVES!!! :agree: :clap: :disagree: :D

Looks like they're getting smart with their protection, oh well, as long as CloneDVD keeps working I'll be happy.

James and the boys (any girls?) have to get on this one, if they aren't already. A lot of movies won't copy with AnyDVD and Shrink.

I get most of my movies before the public release, so I'll continue to upload the ifo files for those that don't work with shrink so maybe when the public release hits it'll be fixed.

I get most of my movies before the public release, so I'll continue to upload the ifo files for those that don't work with shrink so maybe when the public release hits it'll be fixed.

Thank you Thank you

Copy Protection ???

Zamphire, could you please post the copy protection from AnyDVD on Zoom, I'm curious to see if it is similar to our other problem DVD's Saw, Open Season, Grudge 2 etc...:agree:

I know some friends that works at video rental stores and she get advance copies one week before it is release for sale or rental.

Zamphire, could you please post the copy protection from AnyDVD on Zoom, I'm curious to see if it is similar to our other problem DVD's Saw, Open Season, Grudge 2 etc...:agree:

Yea, it gave me exactly the same error as Saw 3, Open Season, and Grudge 2 did, the one about not being able to read the drive. In a few mins after I finish with this dvd back up I'll post a screen shot of it.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
SONY DVD RW DRU-710A BY03 NOV12 ,2004
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ZOOM
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 77 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

That's what AnyDVD says for ZOom

Updated Firmware today (thanks for letting me know) and still getting same error

DVD Shrink encountered an error and connot continue.
Failed to read file "F:\"

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
SONY DVD RW DRU-710A BYX5 MAY26 ,2005
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ZOOM
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 77 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Same Error Message..

Updated Firmware today (thanks for letting me know) and still getting same error

...yep, that's the same error message I got on Open Season. Strangely enough, that's the same message I get after successfully finishing a burn (AnyDVD+Shrink+Nero Burning Rom) and the box in Shrink asks you if you wish to keep working on the original disc in the drive...if I click No, I get this same error mesage : DVD Shrink encountered an error and connot continue.
Failed to read file "F:\" .....but, if I just close out (X) the box , I return to the Shrink home screen........there's a clue here, maybe? :confused:

Yes...

Use CloneDVD to burn this movie.

....I know to use CloneDVD for Open Season ... I've lost count how many times I've seen this solution repeated in the Forum. I was just curious about the situation I mentioned in my previous post: "that's the same message I get after successfully finishing a burn (AnyDVD+Shrink+Nero Burning Rom) and the box in Shrink asks you if you wish to keep working on the original disc in the drive...if I click No, I get this same error mesage : DVD Shrink encountered an error and connot continue.
Failed to read file "F:\"
......just:doh:

If you're like me and really like what shrink does just use clonedvd2 to rip in DVD-9 and then process the dvd9 in dvd shrink and all will be well.

Back