• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How Are You Guys Getting Transformers (HD DVD) To Work?

PrincipalityFusion

I've been reading in other posts that some have been able to get transformers to play without AnyDVD HD running by putting it in the player (XBox 360 HD player for example). I've tried playing it this way, but PowerDVD. It just freezes up and shows a black screen in the player window. I purchased a download of PowerDVD from NewEgg. When I attempted to play the disk straight from the drive after finding out that AnyDVD HD is not ready for this yet, I got a message that PowerDVD needed to be upgraded. So I followed the link in the upgrade dialogue and upgraded. When i attempted to play Transformers again, it just freezes up before anything starts playing (even the disk menu) and shows a black screen.

When i run the PowerDVD advisor, i get a message saying that my video card driver and monitor are not HDCP compliant. Well, i know this to be false as my driver is the latest ATI driver and my monitor is compliant.

If someone could help me get this working, I would appreciate it. It hurts to have purchased a $25 dollar disk and can't play it. Anyways, my system specs (for video) are:

XBOX 360 HD Standalone player
PowerDVD Ultra (updated through update prompt, version 3319???)
ATI HD2600XT (using HDMI out)
Sanyo PLV-Z5 front projector (using HDMI in)(HDCP certified)

Thanks for any help!!!!

Maybe someone from Slysoft could give us an updated estimate when a new version that supports the new keys will be out? Obviously the "16th of October with a little luck" that was mentioned by James 2 weeks ago hasn't happened.
Then you would be able to watch Transformers without any problems.

Some people have had success by disabling the network connection on their machine. Transformers is a heavily web enabled disc that tries to download a ton of content when it starts up. PowerDVD doesn't always handle that concept gracefully. See if that helps. Remember to shut PowerDVD down, disable the network connection, then re-open it.

This may very well be a PowerDVD problem, but it might also be an HDCP problem. Just because all of your hardware is compliant, doesn't mean there isn't a problem. My old Infocus 4805 projector would sometimes not do the handshake correctly and loose the HDCP connection. The Advisor would show red then. My suggestions:

1. Try shutting everything down, kill power to everything, then power back up again. This worked on my 4805. Probably should power up the monitor/projector first.

2. Uninstall PowerDVD and video drivers completely. This means using driver cleaner on the video drivers and manually clearing everything out of the registry and file system for PowerDVD.

Are you sure all of your drivers are up to date?

Just last week ATi fixed compatibility with Cyberlink, make sure you are running the current driver.

Also remember that your chipset/motherboard driver is critical for everything else working correct.

Also remember that ATi cards with nVidia motherboards are trouble.

Some people have had success by disabling the network connection on their machine. Transformers is a heavily web enabled disc that tries to download a ton of content when it starts up. PowerDVD doesn't always handle that concept gracefully. See if that helps. Remember to shut PowerDVD down, disable the network connection, then re-open it.

Disabling the network connection worked for me on both Transformers and Evan Almighty--HDDVD versions. I Use Power DVD the very latest patch version, which apparently, uninstalled the older patch and installed itself flawlessly... my player is the external HP HDDVD player that connects via USB, graphics card is Nvidia 8600 GT HDCP compliant and latest WHQL driver. TV is HP 65 inch DLP...every hardward link in the video chain is HDCP compliant. I use a DVI to HDMI cable direct to the TV, with audio handled by spdif optical to receiver. But, of course, I can't rip these dvds to hard drive until Slysoft updates AnyDVD HD...

Disabling the network connection worked for me on both Transformers and Evan Almighty--HDDVD versions. I Use Power DVD the very latest patch version, which apparently, uninstalled the older patch and installed itself flawlessly... my player is the external HP HDDVD player that connects via USB, graphics card is Nvidia 8600 GT HDCP compliant and latest WHQL driver. TV is HP 65 inch DLP...every hardward link in the video chain is HDCP compliant. I use a DVI to HDMI cable direct to the TV, with audio handled by spdif optical to receiver. But, of course, I can't rip these dvds to hard drive until Slysoft updates AnyDVD HD...

That's excellent. I'm glad it works for you. I don't think I have version a of the latest patch for PowerDVD and will have to go hunt that down. Yey. I've just been watching the movies on my 360 lately. I'm sure Slysoft is working on the update for MBKV4. Hopefully that'll get released soon.

That's excellent. I'm glad it works for you. I don't think I have version a of the latest patch for PowerDVD and will have to go hunt that down. Yey. I've just been watching the movies on my 360 lately. I'm sure Slysoft is working on the update for MBKV4. Hopefully that'll get released soon.

I just checked and the PDVD patch version is the 3319--I ran the program and it prompted me to download the latest patch. I backup up my system first ;) since i don't trust the wizards at Cyberlink...but it didn't futz up anything.

Still Can't Get Transformers To Run

Thanks for all the information. I'm glad at least some of you are able to watch HD DVD on your PC. Cutting the network connection to the computer did not do it for me, and i checked to make sure that i had the latest ATI driver. I have the one they released on the 11th of this month and as of today, that is still the latest on thier website.

I really don't believe uninstalling the video driver, powerdvd, anydvd will do anything in the past 3 weeks i have changed video drivers and installed powerdvd 3 times so i've for the most part followed that advice.

I've sent in a support request to Cyberlink. I'm hoping that they link me up with one of those "full installers" of Ultra. Then i'll feel a little more confident uninstalling things. I'll report back here with the results.

AnyDVD keep up the good work. You make having a movie server HTPC possible.

Thanks for all the information. I'm glad at least some of you are able to watch HD DVD on your PC. Cutting the network connection to the computer did not do it for me, and i checked to make sure that i had the latest ATI driver. I have the one they released on the 11th of this month and as of today, that is still the latest on thier website.

I really don't believe uninstalling the video driver, powerdvd, anydvd will do anything in the past 3 weeks i have changed video drivers and installed powerdvd 3 times so i've for the most part followed that advice.

I've sent in a support request to Cyberlink. I'm hoping that they link me up with one of those "full installers" of Ultra. Then i'll feel a little more confident uninstalling things. I'll report back here with the results.

AnyDVD keep up the good work. You make having a movie server HTPC possible.

Believe or not, but I had also troubles with getting Transformers and Day after Tomorrow to work. PowerDVD 3319a installed/updated. Tried even new videodrivers. Nothing. I have got an ATI HDCP videocard and a HDCP monitor which do not like each other.
Until I got a system crash a few days ago. Had to install XP from scratch.
Latest videodrivers. Fresh install of Powerdvd 3319a etc.etc. Even my videocard and monitor do see each other again. Why?? I do not know.
I am confident that a fresh install of Powerdvd 3319a did the trick. Before I got the "errors" about updating my old Powerdvd install. I think some files are still in use after updating.
Now I can play Transformers with Anydvd HD enabled. No errors at all.
I think HDCP play some role here in getting it finally to work.
Maybe this helps a little for you.

Back