• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion What's around the corner?

Flakbait

Hello, I'm new to this community. I worked my way through the forums stickies, and I noticed no indication of what streaming providers are in the works. Is there anything that can be shared about what's coming down the pike? Thanks!

I'll doubt they would announce or even discuss anything until ready or properly works and why you can't find anything, if something new appears it would just be a bonus and by not discussing or promising no one can be disappointed :)

Well, first of all they want to fix the DRM issues. I heard that a fix is around the corner, but of course only they know how long it will take or how far they got.
I think I also heard that a new provider is in the works, but I don't want to mention it in case I am wrong or things have changed. However, if they are looking mainly for the DRM issues it is possible that they do not include any provider or feature in 1.5.0.0, as the fixes are more urgent right now. But that is only a guess. Maybe the provider is already done and they only wait with the next update till the issues are fully fixed.

if something new appears it would just be a bonus and by not discussing or promising no one can be disappointed
That is true, but on the other hand, if you have many people asking for a provider or feature and they never even tell if they will do it, it is of no use either. I agree if they don't want to do ETAs, as I always miss my own lol, but at least say no we are not interested in this provider right now, maybe at a later time. Or yes, we are looking at your feature request, but no idea how long it will take. Then we at least know their view at it and don't have to ask over and over again.

We have a sticky for requests on providers so I'm sure they're listening, but surely it would be a mistake just piling up providers by just looking at competitor where few works properly and with that lot's of sad pandas as users, I would not expect AS to follow same route

I'm extremely satisfied with AS, it's focused on major providers advantageous for many and with very dedicated maintenance, if they now add something new it's probably spot on and manageable.. requests of features and improvements? yes of course "bomb away" (y)

We have a sticky for requests on providers
Yes, but since Ch3vr0n is no mod anymore, I doubt anyone has taken care of it. (And I never looked at it for months).
And although I have one or two provider requests of my own, I would assume they have been mentioned already except one.
And there is no point for it to mention it now since the devs have other things to do anyways and then it will get lost.

I appreciate the replies. I think my initial question stems from the AnyStream Plus package I purchased and the "more coming soon" blurb. It wasn't clear if one of the suggestions had been picked, that's all. Thanks folks.

Since my own purchase they added Paramount & Rakuten, "more coming soon" an ongoing process but without ETA's, perhaps we will see changes with HBO quite soon to, who knows

This isn't a "good thing around the corner" we can look forward to, but Warner Bros. Discovery will merge HBO Max and Discovery+ and will use the Discovery+ back-end platform instead of HBO Max's platform after the libraries merge. Depending on how that goes we definitely could see challenges with HBO Max in AnyStream ... new interface for sure ... I think supposed to be happening Spring 2023 or so.

I get Showtime with Paramount plus and we did not have to change the interface. There is about 11 different providers that you can get with Amazon and we don’t have to change the interface. I think we might just surprise a lot of people.

I get Showtime with Paramount plus and we did not have to change the interface. There is about 11 different providers that you can get with Amazon and we don’t have to change the interface. I think we might just surprise a lot of people.
There are a lot more than that on AP.

Yes, there's a lot of subchannels on Prime - but HBO Max as a dedicated provider in AnyStream is what I'm talking about. I'm sticking with HBO Max as a standalone provider as it's free to me through my TV provider, and I'd never pay Amazon Prime for it.

What I was talking about a few posts up is that when the merger with discovery+ takes place, it's going to impact the login URL for HBO Max, the front-end interface (as it will be adopting the discovery+ look and feel, back-end DRM and storage (again, becuause Discovery Warner is using discovery+ as the new base after the merger). I'd be thrilled if there's zero impact, but I'd suspect that HBO Max will temporarily break in AnyStream when the merger happens as a software push at a minimum will be needed for AnyStream to grab content from the new servers.

PS - the new merged service is rumored to be simply named "Max", but we'll see what they end up with!

What I was talking about a few posts up is that when the merger with discovery+ takes place, it's going to impact the login URL for HBO Max, the front-end interface (as it will be adopting the discovery+ look and feel, back-end DRM and storage (again, becuause Discovery Warner is using discovery+ as the new base after the merger)
Its not going to affect anything on the interface. When and if that happens (the merger) let us worry about it. Thank you for your input.

Its not going to affect anything on the interface. When and if that happens (the merger) let us worry about it. Thank you for your input.
Well, yes, that's exactly what I'm doing: not worrying about it, and letting the dev team handle it. :D

This thread is discussion on "what's coming" ... well, the merger is coming, so it's just a PSA. :)

There are a lot more than that on AP.

Unfortunately for people outside US, Amazon does not have any subchannels. It's not clear that there is any other provider that could be added to make up for that, so it is what it is.

Ch3vr0n is no mod anymore
Since when? I hadn't heard.

Unfortunately for people outside US, Amazon does not have any subchannels. It's not clear that there is any other provider that could be added to make up for that, so it is what it is.
I've seen add-on channels on Amazon UK and Amazon DE. The US store can be accessed from anywhere via VPN/proxy and virtual credit cards.

It's been a while now, I'm not gonna go into details but 1 small misstep (in my view) and my mod acces got pulled. I've tried numerous times to be restored after over a year, but I can only try so much times. I'm not gonna beg.

And without mod access i can't update the stickies due to being locked, the edit timer lockout and I'm not gonna ask current mods to constantly unlock and lock it again so I can update. They got better things to do as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

What's a subchannel?

I'm in the UK and there are lots of 'normal' channels... Paramount+, BritBox, ITVX, Acorn, Freeze, ArrowTV, StudioCanal to name a few.

What's a subchannel?

I'm in the UK and there are lots of 'normal' channels... Paramount+, BritBox, ITVX, Acorn, Freeze, ArrowTV, StudioCanal to name a few.
Same here in the Islands, I have no idea why it isn't available to most.

Back