• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to mount blu-ray ISOs

sqy2407

I can mount DVD ISOs but blu-ray cannot be mounted.

Never heard a thing like that. How do you create the BluRay ISO?

C'mon. The DVD ISO works as he states above. Most likely the way he creates the BD ISO is wrong and therefore it doesn't load with VCD.

Never heard a thing like that. How do you create the BluRay ISO?
Did you mean “how do you create a DVD ISO ?”
Because I’ve never heard of that either.
I'm still pretty new to ripping dvd or anything related so forgive me if I say anything wrong. I have a few dvds that I have ripped on my own and when right clicked, I can mount the ripped dvd (in iso format) using virtual clonedrive. However, I am unable to do so for blu-ray ISOs that have already been ripped.

BDs need to be decrpyted first, e.g. with AnyDVD. Install the trial, right click the Fox in the tray and choose" Rip to image". There is your BD ISO. You can't just copy a commercial BD.

BDs need to be decrpyted first, e.g. with AnyDVD. Install the trial, right click the Fox in the tray and choose" Rip to image". There is your BD ISO. You can't just copy a commercial BD.
I'm aware of that, the bluray iso that I have are shared by others and some of them are ripped by anydvd hd (mentioned by sharer) but all of them cannot be mounted. Not sure what's the problem with it and I will try ripping and mounting the blurays once the blurays I ordered reach me. Reason why I want to mount them is because vlc seems to have some problems playing ripped bluray, it will pause every now as compared to dvd iso. I do know I can always convert to mkv using makemkv but I would like to view the files in iso format.

I'm aware of that, the bluray iso that I have are shared by others and some of them are ripped by anydvd hd (mentioned by sharer) but all of them cannot be mounted. Not sure what's the problem with it and I will try ripping and mounting the blurays once the blurays I ordered reach me. Reason why I want to mount them is because vlc seems to have some problems playing ripped bluray, it will pause every now as compared to dvd iso. I do know I can always convert to mkv using makemkv but I would like to view the files in iso format.
Most likely the burns on these discs are bad considering the way VLC behaves.

Most likely the burns on these discs are bad considering the way VLC behaves.
Oh so you mean blu-rays by right can be mounted? It's just that the isos weren't ripped well? The sharer said "ISO files created with AnyDVD HD (Rip to Image, default settings)". Do you happen to know any good video player that can play blu-rays apart from vlc?

What about UDF 2.5? May be it is not installed, or damaged. I can remember this problem about 14 years ago when Blu Ray was quiet new.
Do you use an old operating system? If you are still on XP it could be the culprit.

What about UDF 2.5? May be it is not installed, or damaged. I can remember this problem about 14 years ago when Blu Ray was quiet new.
Do you use an old operating system? If you are still on XP it could be the culprit.
I'm using 64 bit operating system, regarding udf I would need to check again

because vlc seems to have some problems playing ripped bluray, it will pause every now as compared to dvd iso
That sounds almost like a buffering issue ... are you mounting/playing the files from network? Then maybe there's not enough bandwidth available?
DVDs have WAY smaller size/bitrate, so those play fine.

Last edited:
That sounds almost like a buffering issue ... are you mounting/playing the files from network? Then maybe there's not enough bandwidth available?
DVDs have WAY smaller size/bitrate, so those play fine.
I'm not too sure too, I have difficulties playing blu-ray ISOs but once they are converted to mkv, the playback is smooth

I'm not too sure too, I have difficulties playing blu-ray ISOs but once they are converted to mkv, the playback is smooth
You should try again. Load the ISO with VCD. Start VLC. Then "File" "Open media" You need now to check Bluray.

upload_2023-1-10_12-55-55.png

With Win 10 you are good with UDF 2.5.
I thougt you are with an oder operating system.

You should try again. Load the ISO with VCD. Start VLC. Then "File" "Open media" You need now to check Bluray.

View attachment 69781
With Win 10 you are good with UDF 2.5.
I thougt you are with an oder operating system.
For some reason, there's errors and I cannot open it. I can open blu-ray ISOs and play them, it's just the playback isn't smooth and hence I wanted to mount it and hopefully it will work. I'm a bit confused what to do right now

Back