• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dragonslayer

DrXenos

If anyone cares, Dragonslayer (1981) is finally coming out on Blu-ray and 4K next year. It's available for pre-order on Amazon.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Dragonslayer-Steelbook-Peter-MacNicol/dp/B0BQGBCDN3

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Dragonslayer-Peter-MacNicol/dp/B0BQ9HSGN3

Additional details and product images (of the slip) available at Amazon.com for the steelbook per the below.

bd_dragonslayer_from_the_manufacturer.jpg
(Click here to go to the Amazon.com product page.)

bd_dragonslayer_slip_thumb.jpg
(Click here to view the full size image.)

bd_dragonslayer_slip_front_thumb.jpg

And here's my attempt at removing the media banner...

bd_dragonslayer_slip_front2_thumb.jpg

The movie is definitely a fan cult favorite needing a modern restoration and release.

4K, meh. Blu-ray for me is the way to go. Digital would be another nice bonus.

Getting a proper WS treatment would be suh-weet, seeing it panned and scanned into 480i resolution sucked.

The price announced isn't so horrible, I was expecting it to be a lot more expensive. *Pre-ordered*

The movie is definitely a fan cult favorite needing a modern restoration and release.

4K, meh. Blu-ray for me is the way to go. Digital would be another nice bonus.

Getting a proper WS treatment would be suh-weet, seeing it panned and scanned into 480i resolution sucked.

The price announced isn't so horrible, I was expecting it to be a lot more expensive. *Pre-ordered*

The 2003 DVD is anamorphic 480p, so it was a decent release. But still, I've been waiting for a blu-ray release forever. I never thought we'd see one since George R. R. Martin was campaigning for one a decade ago. He lists it as one of his favorite movies.

The blu-ray and 4K releases are so cheap, I pre-ordered both for my collection. :ROFLMAO:

I find many old movies come out in 4k really well. Unforgiven is a good example. Looks gorgeous. But many also just look grainy and the Blu-Ray of it would have been enough. You know a good Blu-Ray. Some of the 4k titles I have don't look as good as some of the Blu-Rays.

I find many old movies come out in 4k really well. Unforgiven is a good example. Looks gorgeous. But many also just look grainy and the Blu-Ray of it would have been enough. You know a good Blu-Ray. Some of the 4k titles I have don't look as good as some of the Blu-Rays.
2001 - A space odyssey is ancient but one of the best - if not the best- UHDs I have. Saving private Ryan is close. The sound upgrade at the beginning when they land on the beaches is giving gooose bumps.

Last edited:
@DQ , there are guys here in Germany that do video regrades / upscales to 4k and German audio upgrades since the original synchronizations to German are really, really bad. These guys are movie enthusiasts but of course that's all @#§%&. You know...

..and BTW. I only listen to the original English sound tracks. So it's not so important to me.

..and BTW. I only listen to the original English sound tracks. So it's not so important to me.

Funny you mention that. One of my top 3 favorite movies is Open Range. It's a GORGEOUS and awesome movie. The only way I could get it in Blu-ray was to buy a German version of it and just rip it with the English track. If anyone releases that in 4k I am buying it immediately but since it was DVD only in the US I doubt that will happen.

DragonSlayer is also a 4k auto buy, just waiting for it to release.

That's how I feel about the UHD of Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 so this is my ongoing project

Screenshot 2022-12-31 122301.png Screenshot 2022-12-31 122431.png Screenshot 2022-12-31 122140.png

Reactions: DQ
Funny you mention that. One of my top 3 favorite movies is Open Range. It's a GORGEOUS and awesome movie. The only way I could get it in Blu-ray was to buy a German version of it and just rip it with the English track. If anyone releases that in 4k I am buying it immediately but since it was DVD only in the US I doubt that will happen.

you can upload the film to me if you want, I'll make you a 4K version of it with HDR10 4000nits and DTS:X (if it has a 5.1 sound)

Back